What do you think about combining FUE and SMP?

helpthisguypls

One thing I would say is that SMP def looks better when you have some hair still there to give the textured appearance so yes I personally think if you had a bad case of balding that was not possible to cover with full density via a HT them then a combo of the 2 would be a good choice. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think it can be very beneficial, a bit like concealer. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking to do the same, since i've been buzzing down during lockdown I realized I like the buzzed look now, didn't care for it when I was younger but my face has matured in a good way over the years. I've had two procedures done on my front so my face is framed with real hair, and I continue to take finasteride and minoxidil to help hang on to as much real hair as possible. Later this year I'll be looking to get some smp done to conceal the scars from my HT procedures. From there any future loss will be a combination solution using smp primarly and enough real hair from FUE HTs to maintain a '3d' look.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Looking to do the same, since i've been buzzing down during lockdown I realized I like the buzzed look now, didn't care for it when I was younger but my face has matured in a good way over the years. I've had two procedures done on my front so my face is framed with real hair, and I continue to take finasteride and minoxidil to help hang on to as much real hair as possible. Later this year I'll be looking to get some smp done to conceal the scars from my HT procedures. From there any future loss will be a combination solution using smp primarly and enough real hair from FUE HTs to maintain a '3d' look.

You reckon you could share a pic of the buzzed hair transplant?

4 minutes ago, helpthisguypls said:

You reckon you could share a pic of the buzzed hair transplant?

I'd like to, but once something is out on the internet its there forever, and unfortunately I have some eternally juvenile people in my professional and personal circles that would never tire of tweeks, nicknaming etc.

But check out this video here of a guy with a poor donor who got a hair transplant just large enough so that he could do a buzz cut. Adding some smp and shaving it further down to a zero guard would make it look better imo. Also posting a link to a topic below of another guy with some diffused thinning who got some great smp and is looking to add some fue too.

• Like 1