Does this looks like DUPA? Or retrograde alopecia

I'm 25 and suffering from hair loss for about 8 years

I'm planning to start treatment this month and have HT by the end of this year 

Does my hair loss pattern looks like retrograde alopecia?

And really worried that I have DUPA

Please let me know what you think.❤️

Screenshot_20210110-053516.jpg

Screenshot_20210110-053524.jpg

Screenshot_20210110-053626.jpg

IMG_20210110_053634__01.jpg

IMG_20210110_053709.jpg

Sorry it’s happened for you. That’s quite progressive for 25 years of age. You would need to have your donor carefully examined if your thinking of a transplant. It looks quite weak, how is your beard/body hair ? Your going to need a good long term plan to get a decent result. I’m not saying it’s out of the question, just you need to be realistic what can be achieved. And how much you can rely on your donor. 

• Like 3

Decent Clinics would ask that your on meds most likely. No it’s not necessarily too late. Just be careful going forward. Consult with a few top clinics.

So Eugenix, HDC @Doron Harati, Vertex @DrTBarghouthi, Dr Bisanga for example. 
These are all recommended on the forum and very active to. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

that is the link to all the recommended Drs/Clinics.

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes there is a high chance of DUPA here. But as the previous members mentioned, you need it checked properly with dermoscopy to check the thinning regions etc. You need some aggressive maintenance therapy too my friend before considering any surgical procedure. It would be great to get the donor to respond nicely first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

16 minutes ago, Anandu123 said:

@BLE123

Damn ..does it look that bad?

I'm really hoping it's reversible

I could lie to you and say no bro it's not too bad but that's only going to hurt you in the long run. Your entire scalp is thinning, not just the typical MPB areas. You could try finasteride and maybe you'll be an amazing responder but even if that's the case you're still delaying the inevitable, plus there's always the risk of adverse side effects from the drug. Whatever you decide to do though, do not let a hair transplant doctor take your money and tell you that they can give you a good result because they would be lying.

I think you should shave it first, at least just to see how you feel about it. Many guys do it and actually end up liking it. On the plus side guys with darker skin complexions typically look good bald.

Edited by BLE123
  • Thanks 1

Looks like both DUPA and retrograde to me.  You're 25 so it's only going to get worse.  Give fin a try, but even if it works out for you short-term you can expect to lose ground in your 30-40's.  So tread very carefully with HT's.  Recommendations to shave your head are definitely worth considering. 

• Thanks 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

6 minutes ago, Anandu123 said:

If I start treatment now...will I be able to reverse the thinning?

No way to know except to try.  I was on fin for 2 years before my first HT at 28.  It might reverse your thinning short-term, but to what degree and for how long is the question.

8 minutes ago, Anandu123 said:

And what's your openion on PRP 

Try fin for a few years before anything else.  PRP is still new...

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

8 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

No way to know except to try.  I was on fin for 2 years before my first HT at 28.  It might reverse your thinning short-term, but to what degree and for how long is the question.

Try fin for a few years before anything else.  PRP is still new...

How's your hair now?

Was your HT successful?

• 3 years later...