Can someone please give me a list of good hair transplant surgeons

stage3nw

Hasson & Wong, Dr Paul Rose and others rejected me for a hair transplant due to my factor 9 deficiency. I need a comprehensive list of hair transplant surgeons that can handle a factor 9 deficiency and design a good frontal hairline at the same time. Answers appreciated. No peptalks about my attitude, just surgeon answers.

Thankyou,

• Administrators

Here is our list, but remember. Lists are starting points for research 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, stage3nw said:

Hasson & Wong, Dr Paul Rose and others rejected me for a hair transplant due to my factor 9 deficiency. I need a comprehensive list of hair transplant surgeons that can handle a factor 9 deficiency and design a good frontal hairline at the same time. Answers appreciated. No peptalks about my attitude, just surgeon answers.

Thankyou,

What's the severity of your factor IX deficiency, could you perhaps give a percentage if you were diagnosed?

1 hour ago, qui bono said:

FUE or FUT?

Most of us could list plenty of great surgeons, but its really a matter of whether the clinic you go to can handle it (which is going to be very specific). Theoretically you'd only really want one that has a doctor involved every step of the way, and thats rare. The extraction method you want is going to determine everything as well.

If its FUE then most clinics worldwide have techs that do the extractions, so having a doctor do them is going to limit you mostly to the US. You could do consults with the usual suspects ... Konior, Nadimi, Gabel, Wesley, True & Dorin, Shapiro, Cooley to name a few.  I think Ferreira in Portugal and Bisanga in Brussels/Athens do their own extractions as well (somebody correct me?). You could also try doing consults with tech involved clinics as well and see if the doctor will do them/or oversee the extraction process. If they agree they will probably charge you extra for it.

If its FUT then the clinics that are known for it are H&W, Hattigen, and all the US surgeons I just listed. Add Bloxham to the list as well. 

Why did H&W reject you? Does having a factor 9 deficiency make you a bad candidate generally, or does it just make the case too difficult? 

It makes it difficult because I need someone to administer alprolix IV. Alot of surgeons might not be comfortable with it.

44 minutes ago, stage3nw said:

I have 5% factor 9 upper moderate factor 9 deficiency.

That's not that bad, I feared it might be something like 1-2%. I think the reason why H&W and Dr. Paul Rose rejected you is due to the potential low outcome of the transplant due to excessive bleeding, not because the procedure itself wouldn't be doable.

I would suggest contacting pretty much all reputable surgeons from the list Melvin provided and let them know of your condition. Then you'll get a better idea of what could be achieved. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the bleeding would make the operation itself challenging and could hinder the final outcome because the grafts need ample (and urgent) blood flow to survive.

Your situation isn't super common so the posters here wouldn't necessarily know which doctors might operate on somebody with factor IX but it occurs to me that you might have better changes of success pursuing multiple smaller ops, and we do have some examples of that on the forum. @Gasthoerer had a pretty small operation done with Dr. Feriduni, so it might be worth contacting his clinic to see if he'd be open to trying a smaller case along those same lines.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Yeah, the bleeding would make the operation itself challenging and could hinder the final outcome because the grafts need ample (and urgent) blood flow to survive.

Your situation isn't super common so the posters here wouldn't necessarily know which doctors might operate on somebody with factor IX but it occurs to me that you might have better changes of success pursuing multiple smaller ops, and we do have some examples of that on the forum. @Gasthoerer had a pretty small operation done with Dr. Feriduni, so it might be worth contacting his clinic to see if he'd be open to trying a smaller case along those same lines.

I agree, and this could be a very good idea, one smaller (test) operation could show if it's worth pursuing further intervention. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 7:00 PM, qui bono said:

FUE or FUT?

Most of us could list plenty of great surgeons, but its really a matter of whether the clinic you go to can handle it (which is going to be very specific). Theoretically you'd only really want one that has a doctor involved every step of the way, and thats rare. The extraction method you want is going to determine everything as well.

If its FUE then most clinics worldwide have techs that do the extractions, so having a doctor do them is going to limit you mostly to the US. You could do consults with the usual suspects ... Konior, Nadimi, Gabel, Wesley, True & Dorin, Shapiro, Cooley to name a few.  I think Ferreira in Portugal and Bisanga in Brussels/Athens do their own extractions as well (somebody correct me?). You could also try doing consults with tech involved clinics as well and see if the doctor will do them/or oversee the extraction process. If they agree they will probably charge you extra for it.

If its FUT then the clinics that are known for it are H&W, Hattigen, and all the US surgeons I just listed. Add Bloxham to the list as well. 

Why did H&W reject you? Does having a factor 9 deficiency make you a bad candidate generally, or does it just make the case too difficult? 

Dr Saifi in Poland does the FUE extractions himself, although I think one of his assistants helps while he's doing it.

Just now, Rossybop said:

Dr Saifi in Poland does the FUE extractions himself, although I think one of his assistants helps while he's doing it.

I believe Dr Konstantinos Anastasakis in Greece also does the FUE extractions himself and I believe he is a highly ethical, honest, compassionate surgeon.