Topical finasteride

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a reputable place to buy topical finasteride. I have had side effects with oral finasteride. Also if anyone has knowledge on this, can you please share. Has anyone had any significant growth and maintenance from using topical finasteride. I don’t see much on the forums regarding results with topical finasteride which makes me skeptical about trying it. Also how safe is it compared to oral finasteride (side effects vise). Thank you for any and all advice. 

Edited by Nickpatay12

7 hours ago, Nickpatay12 said:

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a reputable place to buy topical finasteride. I have had side effects with oral finasteride. Also if anyone has knowledge on this, can you please share. Has anyone had any significant growth and maintenance from using topical finasteride. I don’t see much on the forums regarding results with topical finasteride which makes me skeptical about trying it. Also how safe is it compared to oral finasteride (side effects vise). Thank you for any and all advice. 

There are a couple of members using Minoxodilmax(?)  Which is a topical of fin and min. If you search that it may bring up more links they posted. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nickpatay12 said:

@TorontoMan@Richie888 so I am on the website what dosage would be best to buy and how often should I apply it ?

I couldn't tell you mate I'm in the early stages of researching it myself as I intend to start using it once I can use a different shampoo as I'm only 2 weeks post hair transplant. 

3 hours ago, Nickpatay12 said:

Have you guys had any experience using it? If so any significant results ?

I do have the product, but haven’t used it long because oral works for me. I would reccomend getting a vehicle like stemoxydine or k&b and that way you could pour the topical finasteride In another solution to spread it more evenly and adjust the doses if you like. You could also check to see if a pharmacy in your neighbourhood would compound topical finasteride for you, may be a cheaper alternative 

• Like 1

I have just started using topical finasteride from minoxidilmax. I don't have agressive mpb but just diffuse thinning at 40 years old in a norwood 3-4 pattern.

I have have only used it for around a month or so and only using it two times per week.  I place 0.25ml on my frontal third once a week and then 0.25ml on my crown area a few days later. 

I have not had any sides so far and it's too early to report if it's working or not. 

Edited by johnto
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nickpatay12 said:

@johnto thank you for the input. I am wondering which one of their products you bought? Also why are you only applying twice a week. Do you know if this effective in blocking dht?

Well my reason was that im 40 years old and only started diffuse thinning within the past 4-5 years or so.  I don't have agressive MPB so I wanted to try to microdose it to avoid side effects.   Others with more agressive MPB may not be successful.  I am happy to get some  regrowth but also ok if I just maintain what I have.  I feel a hair transplant will be in my future within the next 5 years or so.  

I also went along with this thread here which I believe is right for my situation.  

Https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/topical-finasteride-microdosing-as-additional-treatment.98373/

I bought essengen-f (well got it for free) and essengen 6 plus.  

Im using the essengen-f because I already started using kirkland minoxidil.  I might drop minoxidil all together at some point and just stick with essengen-f.  

Also search Kevin Mann on youtube it's his videos that convinced me to try finasteride in the first place. Without his videos I probably wouldn't have done it.  

Edited by johnto
  • Like 1

@johnto I understand now. I think I am going to give essengen-6 plus a go. Is this the product you are using? I am still doing research the website states to apply twice a day. Worried about side effects so I might see if I can micro-dose. I’m looking forward to hearing back from you about your results. I wish you the best of luck. 

I've been using essengen-6 plus from ninoxidilmax since october, it's all going really good so far.... i've been careful with the dosing, i have no side effects but have maintained and started regrowing hair too 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

1 minute ago, TommyLucchese said:

I've been using essengen-6 plus from ninoxidilmax since october, it's all going really good so far.... i've been careful with the dosing, i have no side effects but have maintained and started regrowing hair too 

Wow, you started regrowing? 😮 Oh, man, that's so great to hear, I always had a hope in topical antiandrogens. 

Would be great if you could document your progress with some pics eventually. :) 

7 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Wow, you started regrowing? 😮 Oh, man, that's so great to hear, I always had a hope in topical antiandrogens. 

Would be great if you could document your progress with some pics eventually. :) 

Yeah I'm really surprised too... especially as 1) I've been using oral fin and rogaine foam for years and 2) there is growth in my hairline HT which already looked good anyway. I did start dermarolling once a week at the same time as starting topical fin so can't be 100% sure what is causing this regrowth.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

7 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

Yeah I'm really surprised too... especially as 1) I've been using oral fin and rogaine foam for years and 2) there is growth in my hairline HT which already looked good anyway. I did start dermarolling once a week at the same time as starting topical fin so can't be 100% sure what is causing this regrowth.

You had growth in your hairline HT? 😮 Wow, I'm so happy for you, man, that's incredible and even if those hairs don't turn into terminal but stay vellus thin hairs, they will only increase the naturalness of your hairline. :)

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, johnto said:

I have just started using topical finasteride from minoxidilmax. I don't have agressive mpb but just diffuse thinning at 40 years old in a norwood 3-4 pattern.

I have have only used it for around a month or so and only using it two times per week.  I place 0.25ml on my frontal third once a week and then 0.25ml on my crown area a few days later. 

I have not had any sides so far and it's too early to report if it's working or not. 

I was trying to purchase from minoxidilmax. They want me to purchase a 3 month supply and that’s there minimum purchase or something like that. This to me seems quite odd, when you purchased the product where you required to purchase a 3 months supply as well?

I was trying to purchase from minoxidilmax. They want me to purchase a 3 month supply and that’s there minimum purchase or something like that. This to me seems quite odd, when you purchased the product where you required to purchase a 3 months supply as well?

I bought more because I figured I'd try it for a year to really see if I was getting results or not. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnto said:

I bought more because I figured I'd try it for a year to really see if I was getting results or not. 

I just bought some Morr F 5% (minoxidil + 0.1% finasteride), 'twas really cheap compared to minoxmax, curious if it works just as good. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 6:36 AM, johnto said:

Hey, I was wondering how the process is going so far, have you started a higher dosage or frequency. Any results or sides ??

Hey, I was wondering how the process is going so far, have you started a higher dosage or frequency. Any results or sides ??

I've been using it for around a month only.  I haven't seen any results yet as I believe it's too soon.  I'm still using it every third day or so and I've had zero sides.   My goal is to maintain what I have as I have good hair and coverage but the frontal third and a bit of the crown is diffuse thinning.  

The one thing I did before I started using it was make small mental notes about what my body goes through on a day to day basis.  Like when I get a headache, if I have different body aches and pains, if I get ball pain, brain fog when I get tired etc.  This way when I started taking it I didn't attribute every single thing my body went through to the topical finasteride. 

Finally I watched YouTube videos from youtubers  Kevin Mann and Richie Z.  This sold me on giving it a try. 

On 12/14/2020 at 11:56 AM, UnbaldEagle said:

You had growth in your hairline HT? 😮 Wow, I'm so happy for you, man, that's incredible and even if those hairs don't turn into terminal but stay vellus thin hairs, they will only increase the naturalness of your hairline. :)

Thank you! Yep new hair is growing all throughout the HT, not amazingly thick but it's clearly visible, and the corners are joining up my conservative HT to the native hair on the sides.

I don't understand how you can apply something on your scalp, it gets absorbed into the blood stream and it has effect only there. Is there any medication in the world which is advertised like this? "apply this on your skin, it will get absorbed into blood stream but the effects are restricted to just that region"

11 minutes ago, plus said:

I don't understand how you can apply something on your scalp, it gets absorbed into the blood stream and it has effect only there. Is there any medication in the world which is advertised like this? "apply this on your skin, it will get absorbed into blood stream but the effects are restricted to just that region"

It's not for me to even speculate, word of mouth and the studies that have been done suggest it works though