6 Months. Why so thin and wispy?

I agree with Romeono1, At about 7.5 months post op, I was worride about my results, there was lack of density and very thin hair. Now at 8.5 moths post op I have seen considerable new growth , with still about 4-5 months of growing to come. I know it is hard to wait but this is something we have to do.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Littlewolf your post op results don't look great at this stage,maybe you are a slow grower?

How many grafts did you recieve? You should speak to your surgeon about this.

I would wait until 12 months post and then make your decision. You will probably see more growth. The chances are you may not get the results you want 2nd time round either, this maybe down to your genetics or just down to the X factor.

HTInitiate,

have heard this several times on this forum: 'The doctor is very GOOD but ....' Not sure if it means anything to the individual whose head has been messed up.

Actually, it does. It should give the patient reassurance that he selected a physician who not only uses state of the art techniques, but will stand behind him and help him get the best results.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 6 months later...
HTInitiate,

Actually, it does. It should give the patient reassurance that he selected a physician who not only uses state of the art techniques, but will stand behind him and help him get the best results.

Best wishes,

Bill

I was thinking about getting my surgery done with dr humayun but i have my doubts.On this forum i have read of atleast 3 cases where the patient didn't see the expected result.

Bill i have been lurking on this forum for about a year now, all of your comments about dr humayun have been that he is great doctor and well stand behind his work.Well that is just peachy but i have yet to see any one coming back saying that the patient did return to the dr and he did stand behind his work.How do you know he stands behind his work ??

Bill i have been lurking on this forum for about a year now, all of your comments about dr humayun have been that he is great doctor and well stand behind his work.Well that is just peachy but i have yet to see any one coming back saying that the patient did return to the dr and he did stand behind his work.How do you know he stands behind his work ??

Dear SM535Q

We use to do about 4 to 5 surgeries a day.. now since this year i have brought down to about 3 a day and very occasionally 4 a day, not because I do not have the patients but because, i was involved more with flood relief and try to set up a free school and a clinic in a remote village where i belong to.

anyway, why i mentioned all this is because if out of 800 surgeries a year, if i see only 2 to 8 person with less than ideal results means really nothing. there is no surgeon with 100% results. we all have less than ideal results and the percent age should be less than 2%. in other words if you have more than 98% success then you are very good.

I am no exception to this. The way i stand behind my patients is i give them a complimentary surgery. If you wait long enough little wolf is coming for his second surgery soon. As he is not from Pakistan, we are not only giving him a complimentary surgery, we are also taking the cost of boarding and lodging and also paying him 50% of his economy class ticket to Islamabad.

Now if you do not call this as backing up the patient, i would like to ask you, what do you think is backing up?

mind you he has a result which is about 50%, so I think this is a very fare way of showing to the client that we care for clients and not money. you tell me ONE surgeon in the world who would do some thing like this.

Anyway, you have the right to decide which doctor you wanna choose. I am just another doctor who wants to have a good reputation and thats it. I dont wanna be the rip off doctor but a one who cares for his clients :).

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

sm535q,

I understand your skepticism however, I have no reason to believe that Dr. Mohmand isn't true to his word. He's told me and his patients that he stands behind them and many of his patients have testified to this. So unless you or others have evidence to the contrary, I feel confident in both Dr. Mohmand's ability and his high level of patient care.

Besides, if Dr. Mohmand offered to stand behind his patients and he didn't...don't you think we'd hear about it?

Best wishes,

Bill

"We use to do about 4 to 5 surgeries a day.. now since this year i have brought down to about 3 a day and very occasionally 4 a day, not because I do not have the patients but because, i was involved more with flood relief and try to set up a free school and a clinic in a remote village where i belong to."

Dr. Mohmand,

Most top HT docs, at least the ones I consulted with, perform 1 surgery/day. Three seems like a very high number to me and, imo, can lead to sloppy HT work. There is no way I would ever be comfortable with that as a patient. How many techs do you have on staff during a typical 3-4 person day?.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Only the very best docs will limit themselves to 1 mega-session patient per day.

When I had my surgery I was lucky enough to be the only patient in the entire clinic that day. The entire staff of techs were all working just on me alone, and that was about 13 girls!!

IMO you get what you pay for and this is the most difficult and technically challenging cosmetic procedure in the world to perform correctly.

Had Little Wolf gone to my clinic I have little doubt that his outcome would have been quite different than this, although the price may have been double or triple what he paid in Pakistan.

I understand your concern of doing more than 1 surgery a day.

I have 4 theatre suites and each theatre has 4 tech.

The senior most tech has between 8 to 10 years of experience

then two tech has between 5 to 6 years and the forth the youngest is about 3 years.

so the work start by two youngest help me with the strip, it takes me 15 minutes or less to do a tricophytic scar closure technique for strip harvest.

while we are doing this the senior two tech start slivering the strip.

then i go out and in 20 minutes i return when the recepient area is injected with local anesthesia. It takes be on an average of 20 minutes to 25 minutes to make between 2500 to 2800 sites.

then all the four techs keep on cutting and once the senior most do 400 each grafts that takes them about an hour, they start planting the grafts.

its usually with in 6 hours the procedure is done.

The staff comes in pair, the front is done by most experience and the junior most start from crown and gradually start on front after having minimum of 500 surgery experience.

so there is no tech fatigue in my set up.

every team works on only one patient a day.

so , if some one thinks there could be a problem in this, i would be more than happy to answer that.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. M, My experience with Dr. Feller was that he had 7 techs working on me and I think they worked in shifts, which would make sense as that would provide a fresh pair of hands/eyes as inevitable fatigue would set in. From what I have read that number is pretty common with most top HT clinics (some, like H&W, I think have even larger teams). Do you think that is overkill? Are you perhaps overtaxing your techs? Not trying to attack you here, just looking out for the best interest of potential patients...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think oversight could be an issue with the system described above. I would feel a lot better knowing that my doctor is around keeping an eye on things rather than splitting his time between several patients. That way if a tech is tired or just having a bad day, he/she can catch it before too much damage is done. I don't think it is unusual for doctors to do several patients in one day, but I don't think I would feel comfortable with it. There is too much at stake for the patient.

To be brutally honest, i understand where Optimist is coming from. No doubt the techs might be very well trained, it just does not bode well with me that i am among the 4 doing op on the same day. Nothing wrong really, but like Optimist mentioned, there is just too much to lose should the surgery goes wrong so i would prob stick to a dr who performs at most 2 surgeries a day.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I have agreed and sometimes even admired almost everything I've read here from Dr. Mohmand, but the 4 surgeries a day would make me choose another doc too. At some point there's got to be a choice made between patient and $. I'm not a HT doc so I don't know where that line is. That said, if Dr. Mohmand's statement is accurate about having 98% satisfied customers, then I guess it's a moot point.

• 4 weeks later...

Dr. Mohmand,

While I do believe that you have the experience and ability to perform high quality hair transplants with excellent results, I share the concerns of this community about you performing procedures on 3 to 4 patients per day. Frankly, this is much higher than what most clinics do - even those with a large, full time staff of experienced technicians.

I truly hope that your dedication to quality hasn’t been sacrificed for quantity by spreading yourself too thin amongst several patients per day. Even though you have a large staff helping you, it would be very difficult for you, the supervising physician to perform optimal quality assurance checks on your entire staff with that many patients being handled at the same time. As I'm sure you're well aware, if even one technician is off their game one day, that patient's results will be negatively impacted.

As you know, physicians recommended on the Hair Transplant Network must continue to produce consistency in excellent results. Thus, I strongly urge you to consider reducing the number of patients you perform surgeries on per day to potentially minimize the number of cases of less than optimal growth. I also encourage you to contact your patients who've recently reported concerns of less than optimal growth to make sure you’ve resolved their concerns to their satisfaction.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, actually there was a thread yesterday in which forum member anouar and myself commented again on the no. of patients operated on by Dr Mohmand daily. He did present his side of the case, however, like what some of us have mentioned, the surgery meant everything to us. From suffering HL to actually deciding to undergo the surgery, the worst thing to happen is to have less than optimal results. While i agree with Dr Mohmand that having more surgeries per day does not equate to less than optimal results, i stand firmly on my ground that i will only go to a clinic knowing that i m the only patient ( or at most another one ) being operated on. I had 3150 grafts, which is not a small case, and even so, i had 3 full teams of 2 techs taking their turns to work on me. I just feel pampered and reassured that i am not just another item on the product line to be labelled. You get wat i mean?

Ultimately, i support your decision in urging Dr Mohmand to reconsider his stand. Megatron, in case others get the wrong meaning and make a big hoo haa out of it, Bill is just discussing with the doc, not ordering. Your choice of word here leaves Bill in a very vulnerable position my friend :)

Edited by wb280

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Well I do see the concern of people with respect to the number of surgeries.

TELL me one thing, if for that particular team you are the only patient. They are with you all along the surgery. why are you concern that there are other surgeries being done in the same centre?

For that team you are the only surgery they gonna perform that particular day............

Can some one answer me this please

ONE TEAM ONE SURGERY................no tech is taken off from the theatre......for them and for you that is it?

---

Second Ask any doctor is 4 not the enough for any surgery that is not more than (on an average) 3000 grafts, with no dense packing.

Ofcourse with dense packing, the techs have to work harder, I dont do any dense packing, not more than 20 to 25/ sq cm...... dont you think that makes the life of a tech much more comfortable.

---