Impressive Hair Re-growth without HT..

CosmoKramer

So, I saw this guys’ impressive progress post on one of the HT forums on Facebook and thought how great his results are just from his routine, helping him reverse his hair loss...and share it here...(if anyone seeing this post here is the person in the photos, I hope you’re okay with me sharing this amazing progress :) )

He said he was scheduled to get an HT around this month, but 3.5 months ago decided to give his routine of using MinoxMax (Minoxidil & Finasteride) topical and 1x a week micro needling his scalp using a derma pen with 1.5-2mm needle depth.

This just goes to show, with a consistent and proper routine, good to great results are possible without surgery.

0018284A-07CE-43C6-AFB7-BB64D83A2CB1.jpeg

583D1633-0BE8-4306-A497-0BFD25165985.jpeg

C5732853-6028-4486-81F4-046E09DAA628.jpeg

20C83C0D-261A-4662-9531-B1ABA7330493.jpeg

E0F82A38-2FCF-4CFA-BB64-DEBDBD65C6D1.jpeg

2 hours ago, voxman said:

That is one hard pill to swallow.

Possibly, but I’m seeing lots of similar progress results with guys using a version of topical finasteride in combination with microneedling. Check out these channels on YouTube that also cover these type results: More Plates More Dates, Hairliciously.

You know me ,one eyebrow always raised.

I don't doubt that there are outliers that are super responders to meds like that but I think the percentage is very low for those type of results.  Are results from those treatments permanent I wonder?

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

45 minutes ago, voxman said:

I don't doubt that there are outliers that are super responders to meds like that but I think the percentage is very low for those type of results.  Are results from those treatments permanent I wonder?

What would you mean by permanent 

Will that new growth last?  What happens to that hair growth if he stops Fin and Minox?  The patient in the original post obviously has tremendous new growth without a HT in completely barren areas of his scalp.  

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

The first post looks more realistic, the second one here is more difficult to swallow, but either could always be the story in reverse, switching around before/after with after/before. In the 'recovery' pic on the right you can see the thinning a bit like the guy may have took the pic when he first started to notice some thinning. I'd be very suspicious of posts like this especially if they are dropping the names of specific brands of topical finasterde/minoxidil formulations or other magic potions you can't get from pharmacies. Could be anything from run-of-the-mill trolling, to people just trying to make a buck getting clicks and/or name dropping this or that product.

image.thumb.png.935748b2c042d0c50f79d9dbe6054fa2.png

9 hours ago, voxman said:

It’s good to be skeptical, although, since I started microneedling since spring of 2019, I’ve seen many more people joining the microneedling bandwagon and those that are consistent with it along with Minoxidil/Finasteride or both, have achieved pretty impressive results from all the cases I’ve seen.

As for your question if the results are permanent, well, in my case, I did stop completely using minoxidil and do notice a slightly less result compared to a year ago when I used minox in conjunction, and the progress results I got on my temple triangles the hair is still there after all this time. I do suspect that if someone is not using Minox or Fin in conjunction with microneedling or if they stopped, the re grown hair will still be susceptible to DHT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ciaus said:

The first post looks more realistic, the second one here is more difficult to swallow, but either could always be the story in reverse, switching around before/after with after/before. In the 'recovery' pic on the right you can see the thinning a bit like the guy may have took the pic when he first started to notice some thinning. I'd be very suspicious of posts like this especially if they are dropping the names of specific brands of topical finasterde/minoxidil formulations or other magic potions you can't get from pharmacies. Could be anything from run-of-the-mill trolling, to people just trying to make a buck getting clicks and/or name dropping this or that product.

image.thumb.png.935748b2c042d0c50f79d9dbe6054fa2.png

LOL. I, nor anyone in the video mentioned any brand name-dropping, Nor is it my YouTube channel. I, personally can attest to positive results from this type of added routine, and my early results were around 3 months, even made a separate thread of my microneedling progress months ago.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:29 AM, CosmoKramer said:

LOL. I, nor anyone in the video mentioned any brand name-dropping, Nor is it my YouTube channel. I, personally can attest to positive results from this type of added routine, and my early results were around 3 months, even made a separate thread of my microneedling progress months ago.

This is really interesting! Already gone and check some videos on YouTube and it seems it´s a great way to estimulate hair growth... combining this with Minox (you should do it at least 24h after) could get nice results!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OliverAtom said:

This is really interesting! Already gone and check some videos on YouTube and it seems it´s a great way to estimulate hair growth... combining this with Minox (you should do it at least 24h after) could get nice results!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

You’re welcome. 

4 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

These are amazing results but also keep in mind that these guys are mostly young and their loss is somewhat recent so the meds have more of a chance of working better at least in the short term

Yeah, I’d agree with that.