How many transplants do you think a hair transplant surgeon should do in 1 day?

So this topic has been brought up in various posts and there obviously will not be a consensus on this. How many hair transplants surgeries should a surgeon perform per day? I think a skilled surgeon should be able to do 2 surgeries per day and no more than that without sacrificing safety and outcomes. 

What are your thoughts and why?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

I have no issue with a Dr doing up to and no more than 2 a day. And that would depend on the cases. I guess they ultimately ensure they are able to spend adequate time on each. 
I don’t know of any top Dr doing anymore than 2 a day? A lot of it depends on how much of the procedure the Dr actually carries out. All of the top Drs doing more than one procedure seem to have more tech involvement. 
As a patient your wish would be that they are not rushing to get to the next person. Or there is perhaps complications with the first person and doesn’t allow for adequate time for the next. 
At the other end of the scale thats a major issue for hairmills as a Dr might have no involvement with the patients apart from drawing a hairline and maybe seeing them after. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

"Safely" isn't the same as "Ideally."

I tend to think multiple procedures done per day offers no benefit to the patient.

It could potentially offset cost, but this forum seems pretty universal in that being a bad way to select surgeons.

Ultimately, results are what is most important, and some doctors with amazing results operate on 2 patients per day. Feriduni and Bisanga are two names that come to mind.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hasson and Wong do two patients each a day, if you do one FUE and one strip there shouldn’t be a problem. For strip, the surgeon excises the strip and then creates the sites while the techs sliver and dissect the strip. Strip is efficient, and doesn’t take nearly the same amount of time as FUE

As for FUE, in Europe, technicians perform extractions in most cases, two surgeries a day with assistance from technicians should be no problem for a skilled surgeon. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

It comes down to the amount of work involved in a hair transplant in my opinion. Ideally one. However if two surgeries are typically smaller procedures then that would be the most in my humble opinion. You do not want the concentration of tech's and the surgeon being over taxed.

• Like 1

Depends on the type of procedure and the number of skilled techs available. 

I think 2 FUT procedures is possible if you have the supporting staff for that. Otherwise, 1 FUE or 2 small FUE cases is possible. 

I personally do 1 procedure daily (unless they are very small cases- then I will do 2). I enjoy spending time with one patient and knowing that we are all not rushed in anyway. We are all humans and I personally think any element of added stress to the day can compromise on the attention to detail/ artistry needed across all stages. I know of many top clinics that can manage more and it will probably be due to the availability of staff and some organizational issues that would make this possible. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hair transplant a day . Is $20,000 not enough for a clinic in one day ? How much can overhead cost be to justify not giving the patient their full undivided attention . It’s surgery , that’s costing us $20,000 average. That’s Ike the doctor is getting paid $1,500 dollars an hour .. I would want my doctor glued to the seat right next to me for the whole time, with no bathroom breaks for him . No other doctor gets paid this much .. 

• Like 1