After 2 years with Propecia without any benefit thinking to switch to Dutasteride.

16 hours ago, Ron5566 said:

Hey man! Happy it worked out for you!! May I ask when you started to lose your hair? Was it aggressive as me?

Again, what I am trying to save is my sides/donor. I am already bald on the top and wearing hair system but because my DHT is so aggressive it goes all the way to my donor. Some calls it DUPA because there's over 20% miniaturized hairs but I think it's just aggressive Retrograde Alopecia since first I started to lose hair at the top and around 21 started to lose hair at the nape, side burn which in the last few years went all over the scalp.

My only fear is that I will wake up bald in my entire head and won't be able to wear the hair piece. Although I don't think it's possible to be 100% bald in the entire head I am little stressed about it and that's why I am thinking to start DUT.

Thanks again for the reply 🙏🙏

Started losing hair at 18. Yes it was very aggressive because by 20, I had a huge empty spot on my crown and was in norwood 5 territory. I tried fin for like 2 years but my hairloss never quite stopped. Eventually I switched to dutasteride and it slowed down my hairloss. It may have not completely stopped it but atleast it's slowed down enough that I wouldn't be norwood 7 before my 30s (hope so!).

I would suggest you to meet a dermatologist who can assess your situation and provide proper guidance. Good luck!

Edited by tressful11

On 11/12/2020 at 5:23 PM, Hairgain22 said:

Anyone know how to get dut in the UK?

oxford online pharmacy dot co dot uk seem to offer it with an online consultation.  Seems a legit company.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 11/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, Ron5566 said:

Hey Aaron,

Of course not, my only goal is to keep my sides and do a little transplant (about 700 grafts) in the hair temple points.

I will NEVER be able to get 20% of the Destiny that I want with HT and I am aware but because my donor/sides are effected I am trying to find a solution for my genes. With hair piece I live my self perfectly fine, no one knows I am wearing (Transferred from Toppik to hair piece) and I do it my self so maintenance is cheap and easy.

People are looking to keep their hairlines/crown etc, I just want my sides 🤣😭

What type of hair system do you wear?

Personally , I wouldn’t be using any form of anti androgen to maintain what you have left, whilst you are successfully wearing a hair piece and are seemingly comfortable with it. 

There is no reward v risk to me - if your donor is destined to continue to thin out (as it eventually will do with time despite using meds) , you can go for a full hair system.