NW 6-7 looking for guidance

Hi guys, I am 31 years old and I think I am NW 7 or 6 and I'm looking for hair transplant advise. I don't expect full head recovery I'd be satisfied with a nice hairline with a Mohican hair style (short/shaved sides). Do you think it's doable with my baldness level? What is the best strategy moving forward? Am I a reasonable candidate? 

Thanks you! It's a great community here

9D472539-BFAE-4934-8C66-9DDF82183106.jpeg

83878782-95DA-46F8-B5B6-2B6299069D19.jpeg

C87F8DB1-ECFB-4AF5-9D58-FD867B61AFFF.jpeg

8EF46B6B-C795-47FB-A774-41908066B6B7.jpeg

B1BEC12F-842C-4B00-8DB9-1CCD17E0AD5E.jpeg

BE7EBDF9-4F97-4B94-A915-E1B71D2390D9.jpeg

09DF848E-0789-4DFC-BBF7-E2C2812ADE02.jpeg

E9A18893-05E2-4DEE-B54D-44D0DFDB8BBF.jpeg

71AA1A19-764B-4476-80D7-DAE4484F6E47.jpeg

what sort of hair style do you think you would have after a procedure?

I think you could have a nice size FUT procedure to rebuild a hairline and work back to the mid-scalp. You'd have to wear your hair a bit longer on the sides to then cover the scar. You could then FUE to get some light covering into the mid-scalp and crown down the road. If you went FUE from the get-go I think you'd really limit the amount of grafts you'd be able to get and limit your "full head restoration".

You also have a thick beard so I'm sure if you are willing, you cold use those as a last resort.

• Administrators

What are your expectations, my hair loss was very similar to yours, check out my journey.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Melvin, your result is amazing I would be more than satisfy with that kind of hair recovery. Do you have a detailed post in this forum about your journey? 

If to be more detailed, my major concern is to have a nice front hairline (the triangular shape at the front as you have is a really nice option)  then, I'll be ok with a thinner crown. I am willing to use my beard too if necessary. My main concern is how am I fit as a hair transplant candidate (FUE only I don't want a scar), what is the reasonable result to except, and of course where to do it.

Appreciate your advice. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jordan90 said:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Melvin, your result is amazing I would be more than satisfy with that kind of hair recovery. Do you have a detailed post in this forum about your journey? 

If to be more detailed, my major concern is to have a nice front hairline (the triangular shape at the front as you have is a really nice option)  then, I'll be ok with a thinner crown. I am willing to use my beard too if necessary. My main concern is how am I fit as a hair transplant candidate (FUE only I don't want a scar), what is the reasonable result to except, and of course where to do it.

Appreciate your advice. 

Sure here’s my second hair transplant journey, the hairline and the one that made the difference.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Jordan90, it seems you around NW6-5, you ok candid, I don't see NW7 tendency, but you will need to have 2 HT procedures, I rep HDC clinic with Dr. Maras in Cyprus, had my repair procedure there, you are welcome to PM for free consultant 

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Jordan90 IMO you aren't a NW 7 yet, but yes your hairloss is pretty bad for a 31 yr old. That being said, I do believe you can reach your goals you mentioned above. I doubt you can ever achieve a movie star/celebrity hairstyle, but hair transplants can give you enough growth and coverage that someone who meets you post HT will have no idea you have hairloss, etc. 

IMO most ppl NW5+ need multiple hair transplants to achieved the desired look. If you are mentally prepared and financially able to spend the next 2-3 yrs in hair transplant zone, then I think you can reach your goals. Hell, I'm a NW3 with 3 hair transplants (last one was only 21 days ago!) and I feel I am FINALLY going to be happy with my hair after this latest procedure, and its been a 2 yr journey for me. 

The biggest tip I can say is only go to one of the top docs, and don't even think about going to a poorly reviewed doc or a doc who does not do hair transplants as their sole profession. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989

• Valued Contributor

Firstly the best thing you can do (if you haven't already) is to start on finasteride 1mg a day and stay on this and see how you tolerate it. You want to preserve as much hair as you currently have. You sound like you have realistic and achievable goals. If you are willing to utilize beard hair as a part of your donor then I would definitely look at Eugenix for a consultation and a review of what your options are. Wishing you all the best!

You do have a cool looking shaved head/beard look going on right now.  How about trying Fin for a year first before diving into surgery?  It might strengthen your crown a bit.  Do research into elite surgeons worldwide in the meantime...

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group