HT surgeon recommendation for around 5K

Hello guys,

My name is Tom and I'm 34 years old. 

I've had a small (?) hair transplant procedure done in July 2019 (1200 grafts), with moderate success. My main issue is the lack of density in the right side (it's actually quite patchy there), and my hairline.  Whilst the latter is acceptable imo, and the clinic promised to reconstruct the hairline using singles, there's quite a lot of multi grafts around the corners (not the whole temple area). Please let me know if you do not agree with this and you think my hairline is actually bad. 

So yeah, I would like to correct these issues with a 2nd hair transplant and need your input on the following:

- How many grafts do you think I'd need for a good density?

- Any good surgeons you'd recommend in the region of £5000 tops (or roughly 5500 Euros)?

My shortlist currently consists of Bruno Ferreira (he'd be my main choice as he has excellent results imo, however I'm not sure if he'd be available in the next 3-4-5 months), HLC (again, excellent results), Dr. Pekiner (good results, almost on pair with the first 2, or at least I've yet to see a negative result), HDC Cyprus (very natural results imo) and Dr. Cinik (he'd be the last choice, but let me know if you guys endorse him).

Any more surgeons in my budget worth considering?

Also, I'm interested in an unshaven FUE (or partially shaven) as it took me forever to grow my hair this long. 

Thanks a bunch, guys!

frontal.JPG

left.JPG

left2.JPG

right.JPG

How much can you save per year?

Looks to me like another procedure is ultimately necessary but not urgent...why not take 2-3 years and save more money so that you aren't so worried about cost? 

Who did you go with first time around btw?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I agree about HDC @Doron Harati. How about Eugenix too? 
I don’t think Dr Cinik as it’s a “hairmill” and you won’t have the Dr do the work. Your others choices are really good skilled Drs, who have very good involvement throughout the surgery. 

Edited by JohnAC71

10 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

How much can you save per year?

Looks to me like another procedure is ultimately necessary but not urgent...why not take 2-3 years and save more money so that you aren't so worried about cost? 

Who did you go with first time around btw?

Not a whole lot as I'm gradually investing money in renovating my house. I estimate I could have 2-3K more in a year or so.

However the reason I'd rather have a procedure soon is because I could take around 2 months off from work as we're not very busy atm.

3 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

HDC seems like a good choice, yes. Eugenix on the other hand is in India, and one of my colleagues got stuck there because of Covid-19, so I'd rather not risk it.

Yes If your looking to get it done soon then your other options are better. I’m going to wait it out before any travelling. 
Have you consulted with any clinics yet? 

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes If your looking to get it done soon then your other options are better. I’m going to wait it out before any travelling. 
Have you consulted with any clinics yet? 

I'm having a video consultation with David Anderson from the Maitland Clinic in 2 weeks, however I fear It would take forever to have a HT booked given how reputable the clinic is. If they estimate 1000 grafts would be enough, I'd more than happy to pay £5000 to the Maitland Clinic. I've not contacted any other clinics yet.

Who's on your shortlist and when do you expect to have your procedure done?

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I am waiting for Eugenix since I need BHT next. I’m in no rush having already had x5 hts 😂

You however have lots of hair and just need a skilled Dr to enhance whats already been done. 

You'll be in good hands at Eugenix. If only they weren't so far away.. But since time is not essential in your case, I guess you're right to wait it out. :)

I estimated you need 1000-1500 grafts for the hairline, the only issue if we have enough space to do the zigzags under the hairline without hurting any grafts, but for that I send to send photos to our clinic with a meter\ruler measure your original hairline down to the eyebrows 

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

All those clinics could do 2,000 grafts for under 5500 Eur. And all could correct and improve your hairline. I think your issue is travel and time. Portugal and Cyprus are closed, I believe. Turkey is open to medical tourism. The question is if any of those clinics can get you in soon enough.

23 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

I estimated you need 1000-1500 grafts for the hairline, the only issue if we have enough space to do the zigzags under the hairline without hurting any grafts, but for that I send to send photos to our clinic with a meter\ruler measure your original hairline down to the eyebrows 

Thanks, Doron! :)

I've just sent an email to your clinic. 

Also, do you guys do unshaven/partial shaven FUE?

Edited by UnbaldEagle

19 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

All those clinics could do 2,000 grafts for under 5500 Eur. And all could correct and improve your hairline. I think your issue is travel and time. Portugal and Cyprus are closed, I believe. Turkey is open to medical tourism. The question is if any of those clinics can get you in soon enough.

Thanks!

AEK maybe? I know he's an IAHRS member, and he's well affordable.

10 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I would so some research on AEK. Was on my list for a while but I soon changed my mind after trawling the net and this forum. 

I saw a few negative reviews, but what concerns me more about him is the lack of any outstanding results. I guess I'll look more into him, thanks!

• Administrators

My advice is search for quality results first, and the submit consultations based on the results, if need be save up money to get a quality surgeon. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:09 PM, MachoVato said:

Portugal is actually open as OP appears to be from the UK by way he uses £. I was able to get in fine just yesterday from the UK for my procedure with Bruno Ferreira. Most surgeons will also happily write you a doctors note so you can cross the borders.

Though depending on when OP chooses to have the surgery i.e. before/after the UK properly leaves the EU in January, he may have to do a covid-19 screen on arrival as currently UK citizens do not need to.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 11:33 AM, LondonRamen said:

Portugal is actually open as OP appears to be from the UK by way he uses £. I was able to get in fine just yesterday from the UK for my procedure with Bruno Ferreira. Most surgeons will also happily write you a doctors note so you can cross the borders.

Though depending on when OP chooses to have the surgery i.e. before/after the UK properly leaves the EU in January, he may have to do a covid-19 screen on arrival as currently UK citizens do not need to.

Thanks for the update, LondonRamen!

Good to know travelling wouldn't be an issue. 

How long did you wait to get to surgery with Dr. Ferreira? I heard his waiting list is really long, you have to book like 4-5 months in advance. 

So I'm bumping this thread because I need further advice.

I'm currently in talks with HDC via Doron Harati, who has been very, very helpful, albeit the clinic is unsure if they are able to transplant through the thin areas without hurting the old grafts. So they asked for more pictures and I await their response. I would be thrilled if they accept me and wouldn't look any further. 

I'm uploading a few more pictures of better quality, I'm curious what do you guys think. Has anyone had a similar case, where they just needed some density in the thin areas and a clinic accepted to proceed? I would lower my hairline a bit if that's what it takes, I think I have a rather high forehead? The density on top is alright thanks to many years of fin + min, apart from the crown. I'm not too bothered about that though. 

Also, I just reviewed my shortlist and I realized I never meant Cinik, lol. I confused him with Civas - although I'm fairly uncertain of him too. 

However, I'm adding Dr. Taleb Barghouthi, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Arshad to my list.

IMG_2660.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

1 hour ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Thanks for the update, LondonRamen!

Good to know travelling wouldn't be an issue. 

How long did you wait to get to surgery with Dr. Ferreira? I heard his waiting list is really long, you have to book like 4-5 months in advance. 

Hey, I booked soon after my consult with him in June/July ish for November. I suggested the November date first as that was when worked for me and it was acceptable to him on the first try so we didn't need to change the dates around based on his waiting list. When I spoke to him yesterday he told me he's currently booked out with patients until Februrary so if you spoke to him now that would probably the earliest you would get. Maybe January too as I recall one patient was going to do it with him then but then rearranged so there might be space then again.

P.S. I just looked at your photo below of your thinning zone. Your frontal thinning is similar to mine, but mine is more recessed at the temples and Bruno happily worked on that region to restore the hairline for me. I can't comment on your crown thinning, though it looks quite thick to me and I imagine quite difficult to implant into. Certainly by my metric I wouldn't call it thinning in the crown, though you have long hair which could be disguising it well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LondonRamen said:

Hey, I booked soon after my consult with him in June/July ish for November. I suggested the November date first as that was when worked for me and it was acceptable to him on the first try so we didn't need to change the dates around based on his waiting list. When I spoke to him yesterday he told me he's currently booked out with patients until Februrary so if you spoke to him now that would probably the earliest you would get. Maybe January too as I recall one patient was going to do it with him then but then rearranged so there might be space then again.

P.S. I just looked at your photo below of your thinning zone. Your frontal thinning is similar to mine, but mine is more recessed at the temples and Bruno happily worked on that region to restore the hairline for me. I can't comment on your crown thinning, though it looks quite thick to me and I imagine quite difficult to implant into. Certainly by my metric I wouldn't call it thinning in the crown, though you have long hair which could be disguising it well.

Thanks, LondonRamen, good to know Dr. Ferreira might be available in January and that he worked through your thinning hairline and temples. 

I couldn't find a thread showing your journey with Dr. Ferreira, I'd love to see some pics if you shared them anywhere.

4 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Thanks, LondonRamen, good to know Dr. Ferreira might be available in January and that he worked through your thinning hairline and temples. 

I couldn't find a thread showing your journey with Dr. Ferreira, I'd love to see some pics if you shared them anywhere.

Literally just made the thread haha. My surgery finished up yesterday and I had time while I recover now