New Hairline Idea - What Do You Think?

Hi guys,

I had a nice friendly meeting with some HT professionals in Dublin, Ireland, today. They drew a hairline on my head to show me what they would like to do should I opt for a transplant with them. They are very ethical and they do their best to deliver realistic results with a long-term view.

Below I will attach picturs of their new proposed hairline. It would be great to hear what people think.

Personally I was hoping that they would propose a wider hairline; covering the temples with more depth. They estimated that they would do this procedure with about 1,500 grafts, maybe even less. I thought that was a nice number because a hairline pro in Turkey estimated that I would need more than twice that many.

20201104_155106.jpg

20201104_155142.jpg

20201104_155222.jpg

• Administrators

Looks very conservative, it may be what they proposed because it’s what they can do, the change would be subtle. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What do you guys mean when you say conservative? Do you mean they should use more grafts? Or do you mean they should lower/widen the hairline much more? Etc etc?

I am 30 years old. Those are super high definition photographs taken under a super bright light, capturing the nature of the hair (and unfortuneatly the true horrors of my whole appearance lol).

I don't think this design would aesthetically improve you too much - it still leaves too large a forehead in my opinion. 

I think you'd benefit greatly from temple work, however the frontal loss you have is quite extensive, which depending on your age and preventative routine, may rule out such an aggressive strategy. 

12 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks very conservative, it may be what they proposed because it’s what they can do, the change would be subtle. 

Ah, a subtle change. Hmm that wouldn't be mind-blowing! I'm hoping for a "wow" change rather than a subtle change.

1 minute ago, Curious25 said:

I don't think this design would aesthetically improve you too much - it still leaves too large a forehead in my opinion. 

I think you'd benefit greatly from temple work, however the frontal loss you have is quite extensive, which depending on your age and preventative routine, may rule out such an aggressive strategy. 

I see. Hmmm. That's a bit disheartening because I really want a super good aesthethic improvement (if that's even possible). I think my forehead has always been a bit big depending on what way you look at it.

Temple work would be great - do you think the temple work in this design is efficient or could it be better?

I am 30 and I started taking finasteride 3 months ago, I also started using Regaine 2 weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

What do you guys mean when you say conservative? Do you mean they should use more grafts? Or do you mean they should lower/widen the hairline much more? Etc etc?

Means you'll look like a man still suffering from hair loss, rather than a man with a great head of hair.

That they are being conservative, perhaps you are not able to take finasteride? So they are being conservative to reserve donor supply to treat crown work in the future? I don't know. Perhaps they don't have resources for a larger graft procedure?

1 minute ago, jimcraig152 said:

Means you'll look like a man still suffering from hair loss, rather than a man with a great head of hair.

That they are being conservative, perhaps you are not able to take finasteride? So they are being conservative to reserve donor supply to treat crown work in the future? I don't know. Perhaps they don't have resources for a larger graft procedure?

I see I see. I can take finasteride and I have just started taking it but finasteride can lose efficacy after 8 years or so. The crown doesn't seem to be slipping away too fast. It is about 11 years since my receding hairline was first noticed. I never used Regaine or finasteride up until 3 months ago.

Yeah, ask them to design a hairline that frame's your face better. And if they are apprehensive to do so, at least get the reasoning from them. The hair line they've proposed to you is a net zero change in my view.

Also, I'd wait a little while longer to confirm finasteride is kicking and stops your hair loss. Then let them know this. Perhaps the effects of finasteride not yet kicking in is a factor in their conservative approach.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

I see. Hmmm. That's a bit disheartening because I really want a super good aesthethic improvement (if that's even possible). I think my forehead has always been a bit big depending on what way you look at it.

Temple work would be great - do you think the temple work in this design is efficient or could it be better?

I am 30 and I started taking finasteride 3 months ago, I also started using Regaine 2 weeks ago.

There is no temple work in this design. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Yeah, ask them to design a hairline that frame's your face better. And if they are apprehensive to do so, at least get the reasoning from them. The hair line they've proposed to you is a net zero change in my view.

Also, I'd wait a little while longer to confirm finasteride is kicking and stops your hair loss. Then let them know this. Perhaps the effects of finasteride not yet kicking in is a factor in their conservative approach.

Wow - a net zero change - that's very disheartening. If that's the case I will reconsider surgery if this is the only improvement that I can avail of.

The reasoning that they tend to give is that a much lower hairline looks unnatural at a later stage in the future.

I see. I guess I'll probably have to wait another 6 months to see if finasteride works, which is kind of a bummer.

1 hour ago, Rossybop said:

Hi guys,

I had a nice friendly meeting with some HT professionals in Dublin, Ireland, today. They drew a hairline on my head to show me what they would like to do should I opt for a transplant with them. They are very ethical and they do their best to deliver realistic results with a long-term view.

Below I will attach picturs of their new proposed hairline. It would be great to hear what people think.

Personally I was hoping that they would propose a wider hairline; covering the temples with more depth. They estimated that they would do this procedure with about 1,500 grafts, maybe even less. I thought that was a nice number because a hairline pro in Turkey estimated that I would need more than twice that many.

20201104_155106.jpg

20201104_155142.jpg

20201104_155222.jpg

Wow! Ok that's not very encouraging at all.

20 minutes ago, vantisinstitute said:

Nice work! Please check out our website, as we offer a different type of treatment to correct thinning! You DON’T need to shave your hair in order to be considered a candidate!!

xxxxxxxxx is an effective hair loss solution that exactly mimics your own biological hair follicles without surgery. Our non-invasive hair solution is instant, permanent, and guaranteed. Treatment involves a non-invasive method of inserting completely organic, plant-based pigment deposits through the dermal layer of the scalp.

The pigment deposits perfectly replicate hair follicles and create an immediate appearance of a full head of hair.

We perform this treatment on any individual with thinning hair or that is experiencing balding. With each treatment, your hair density can appear 10 times thicker!!

Damn you .  Keep your FREE ADVERTISING out of people posts.   This tells us all we need to now about your so-called business. 

Edited by voxman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

29 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Wow! Ok that's not very encouraging at all.

Don't be discouraged. I think with some temple grafts and additional grafts in the corners, the height of the hairline placement they've designed for you would work. Here, take a look at this:

20201104_155142.thumb.jpg.a8d4399bd6fcaf8922a89b1c1b52d8b9.jpg.a2b87800316ab1bc4a7cdc960316197e.jpg

See how it frames your face better? But yeah, would be good to wait another 3-4 months for the fin benefits to kick in before being more aggressive.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rossybop said:

Ah, a subtle change. Hmm that wouldn't be mind-blowing! I'm hoping for a "wow" change rather than a subtle change.

No it wouldn’t be mind blowing, it would be more of a 🤔 did he get a haircut. 

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, vantisinstitute said:

Nice work! Please check out our website, as we offer a different type of treatment to correct thinning! You DON’T need to shave your hair in order to be considered a candidate!!

Vantis Insititute is an effective hair loss solution that exactly mimics your own biological hair follicles without surgery. Our non-invasive hair solution is instant, permanent, and guaranteed. Treatment involves a non-invasive method of inserting completely organic, plant-based pigment deposits through the dermal layer of the scalp.

The pigment deposits perfectly replicate hair follicles and create an immediate appearance of a full head of hair.

We perform this treatment on any individual with thinning hair or that is experiencing balding. With each treatment, your hair density can appear 10 times thicker!!

Wow. That sounds amazing! I'll go and research this tonight. Cheers :)

41 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Don't be discouraged. I think with some temple grafts and additional grafts in the corners, the height of the hairline placement they've designed for you would work. Here, take a look at this:

20201104_155142.thumb.jpg.a8d4399bd6fcaf8922a89b1c1b52d8b9.jpg.a2b87800316ab1bc4a7cdc960316197e.jpg

See how it frames your face better? But yeah, would be good to wait another 3-4 months for the fin benefits to kick in before being more aggressive.

Wow! Now that would be totally amazing. Totally awesome. That would really delight me but I must wonder is a hairline like that really achievable?

It would definitely make a huge difference to my aesthethics. You should be a professional hairline designer. That's a pretty impressive design :)

2 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Wow! Now that would be totally amazing. Totally awesome. That would really delight me but I must wonder is a hairline like that really achievable?

It would definitely make a huge difference to my aesthethics. You should be a professional hairline designer. That's a pretty impressive design :)

Hahaha, well no. Having spent about 2 hours a day on this site since my HT in July has accelerated my knowledge on the subject. I am now a Harvard Oxford-educated hair loss sufferer.

All kidding aside, the clinic made it easy. The 7th dot that they drew on from the corner in their hairline design is where I set the basis for my revised interpretation for your hairline design. I simply connected the intersection of that dot to the hairline they drew, to where the temple restoration should be. It keeps the height of placement of the hairline they drew for you, but frames your face better without giving you the low-hanging neanderthal brow. But your looking at probably a bit more than double the amount of grafts. Still though, I think is remains on the conservative side to account for further progression.

Here is what I mean about that 7th dot from the overhead shot:

overhead.thumb.jpg.5ef9ea922f1f43793d39266aee290ab0.jpg

Edited by jimcraig152

43 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Hahaha, well no. Having spent about 2 hours a day on this site since my HT in July has accelerated my knowledge on the subject. I am now a Harvard Oxford-educated hair loss sufferer.

All kidding aside, the clinic made it easy. The 7th dot that they drew on from the corner in their hairline design is where I set the basis for my revised interpretation for your hairline design. I simply connected the intersection of that dot to the hairline they drew, to where the temple restoration should be. It keeps the height of placement of the hairline they drew for you, but frames your face better without giving you the low-hanging neanderthal brow. But your looking at probably a bit more than double the amount of grafts. Still though, I think is remains on the conservative side to account for further progression.

Here is what I mean about that 7th dot from the overhead shot:

overhead.thumb.jpg.5ef9ea922f1f43793d39266aee290ab0.jpg

Well, this is incredible, this has really changed my perspective on things. The artwork here is pretty good ha! You should be charging for this new Oxford expertise.

This design makes a huge difference. The low-hanging neanderthal brow can take a hike!

Perhaps not double the grafts but a lot more for sure. I was wondering why this clinic qouted me only 1,200 - 1,500 grafts while two other quality surgeons estimated 1,800 and 2,000 respectively. Maybe, and hopefully, those two other surgeons were plotting temple work like this when they were assessing my pictures.

Could be. Or they may be approaching your case with more aggressive hairline-only work like this:

Profile4.jpg.aaa3a7b7ae376e43bf3778c15090107b.jpg

If so, that would account for the 300-500 extra grafts. And here is the same hairline with some theoretical temple work:

Profile5.jpg.4b8ea5b096ff642d34af32353399f76a.jpg

Anyhow, the mid-forehead height of the hairline placement by this clinic is good and close to where Mother Nature would have placed it on your face (applying fibonacci sequence principles, rule of thirds, being age appropriate, etc.), while still being conservative. But yeah, I think one of these two photos is what you should be looking for while preserving donor supply to treat future progression.

• Like 1