examples of body hair transplants

Hi everyone,

Are there any examples of hair transplant procedures done on a REAL norwood 7 case. I get a bit upset by how many clinics on Youtube advertise their cases as norwood 7 when they are really just norwood 5 or 6 AND still have thin hair left on the top AND are on Finasteride.

For someone blessed to be a REAL norwood 7, hair gets thin above the ears on the sides, a LOT of hair *below* the crown is also gone as is some hair above the nape, leaving behind a pretty thin band of hair at the back.

I just want to know what kind of results are possible if you have are a multimillionaire and have a pretty good beard, chest (and pubic?) hair.

Also I am very aware that a head full of hair on a real norwood 7 who can't take Finasteride is impossible. I want to see some artistic attempts at creating an illusion of "some" hair that would also fit well with the persona of someone in the age of 30-40 - like a business man who works hard and has faced some wrath of male pattern baldness.

Are there any examples you know of?

Thank you!

Edited by plus

• Administrators

Check out this thread 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderatorwow dude that is some amazing work. Are there any videos of them showing how dense his hair is?

Nevertheless it's much better that island of hair he had. I wish I could follow up and see how his hair looks over the years.

Thanks @JohnBob that looks pretty good. But then every norwood level is exponentially more difficult. You have to cover more with lesser and worse donor hair. 😅 

Any more examples people? 

Edited by plus

• Moderators
On 11/2/2020 at 9:49 AM, plus said:

I get a bit upset by how many clinics on Youtube advertise their cases as norwood 7 when they are really just norwood 5 or 6 AND still have thin hair left on the top AND are on Finasteride.

Yes. That bugs me too. I look at some of them and think: Come on! They aren't even NW 6. That's an easy case compared to me. If I looked like that at the start I'd have a completely full head of hair with the amount of grafts I used.

If you are really a NW 7 then you have to hope you have a lot of good beard and chest grafts and try to rely as little as possible on scalp grafts because you don't have many and some of what you do have now may be thinning and falling out over the next 5 to 10 years especially if you can see an ongoing thinning over the past few years. You need to be able to get probably 8,000 to 10,000 grafts from your chest and beard and only use about 2000 from your scalp. It depends on how bad your existing hair actually is.

Most people will tell you not to put any in the crown, but those people aren't NW 7s 😀. I can tell you that if you have a large crown that dips far down the back and down the sides then you need to fill in at least an inch or more around the perimeter to reduce the size of the bald crown or else it will never look natural. A true NW 7 will not look right having frontal hair and a huge bald crown and bald sides. You can leave the top center of the crown alone or just fill it in very thinly. Basically you want to make the bald area of the crown a much smaller balding circle, but still have enough grafts to fill in the hairline and mid scalp with enough thickness. If you get 2000 grafts from your scalp donor then use about 1000 of those grafts in the hairline zone and mix the other 1000 around the perimeter of the crown (the area I mentioned first) to blend it in with your natural hair on the back and sides. Basically you want to go from native hair on the back and sides to a blend of native scalp hair grafts with body grafts and then the mid scalp with all body grafts. This allows it all to blend better, so you don't have an abrupt change of hair type. It also puts most of the body hair on the top mid scalp where it isn't seen as easily, so any difference in hair characteristics isn't as noticeable there.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, plus said:

@Melvin-Moderatorwow dude that is some amazing work. Are there any videos of them showing how dense his hair is?

Nevertheless it's much better that island of hair he had. I wish I could follow up and see how his hair looks over the years.

Thanks @JohnBob that looks pretty good. But then every norwood level is exponentially more difficult. You have to cover more with lesser and worse donor hair. 😅 

Any more examples people? 

I was given these photos by him, when I wrote the article. Given the fact he already had three hair transplants, so his donor was limited, his results are beyond amazing, probably the best repair I’ve seen.

93BF307B-5BA0-4A2A-9906-4AD6D2453249.jpeg

F579FCA9-3399-4326-BED3-25FCE47A4CC5.jpeg

E910A5C5-ADB9-4FCB-8D5F-B782E0EB5AE1.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, plus said:

@JohnBobwhere did the 12000 grafts come from? Is there a thread for that case?

Obviously this would have involved BH donor but we do not know the exact source.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY