Fine straight hair

• Administrators

You have a good color contrast, pale skin with light hair, but yes you’ll need more grafts than say a Spaniard that has thick coarse hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I see I see. Hmmm. Its annoying when you need extra grafts. The thing that would bug me most is if I need to get two procedures for decent coverage/density. Like, I worry that 2,000 - 2,500 won't finish the job and that I'll need a second round to do things right.

2 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

The thing that would bug me most is if I need to get two procedures for decent coverage/density.

1st rule of Hair Club: Hair transplants are kinda like Lays potato chips or pistachios, you never have just one! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, ciaus said:

1st rule of Hair Club: Hair transplants are kinda like Lays potato chips or pistachios, you never have just one! :D

Lmao that’s sig worthy 😂 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Lol I know that, but I mean, I don't want to have to get another one in 6-12 months. I don't mind getting a top up in the crown, in say, 10 - 20 years if that's the standard protocol. But 2+ procedures in a year is annoying and if it could be avoided that would be cool.

41 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Lol I know that, but I mean, I don't want to have to get another one in 6-12 months. I don't mind getting a top up in the crown, in say, 10 - 20 years if that's the standard protocol. But 2+ procedures in a year is annoying and if it could be avoided that would be cool.

I mean - to be fair, nobody should get back to back procedures in that short time frame anyway, so you're good there. :) To be perfectly honest, there's really nothing you can do to change your hair type, and surgeons should be taking your hair type into account when coming up with your game plan, number of grafts you need, placement, etc. So I personally don't think this really changes much for you at all, except for perhaps needing larger procedures than someone with slightly coarser hair - but then again, we're always gonna be better off or worse off than someone else. As long as you have a surgeon who's taking all the necessary factors into consideration, I think you'll be good to go.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Totally! The thing is though one surgeon said I'll need a top-up within a year, but no other surgeon has said that off the bat, so this has left me wondering do most surgeons only tell you that you need back-to-back surgery halfway through the first procedure.

I have very fine hair and I do not use Fin or Minox, I got my transplant 1.5 years ago. I am pretty happy with my result, my frontal third was basically bald, only a small amount miniaturized hair left. Don't expect it to be super dense, because 50-60 grafts / cm² is the max to implant. The advantage ist, fine hair looks very natural, so the transplant ist hardly to detect. My surgeon said the same, for perfect density, you need a touch up. Touch ups a way less effort, because you only need a few grafts and no full shave.

I added a current picture of my hairline. The white dots are from a crappy hairspray I bought on vacation. Will never use that again 😬

20201023_121918.jpg

• Like 1

My surgery was split in 2 parts. I got 2.000 grafts for the hairline in April 2019 and last week I had my second surgery, 2.600 grafts for the middle part. The surgeon added a few grafts to the hairline. It was his idea, for me it wasn't necessary. I am 36 now and I hope, I am done with transplants for a longer time. My family history is more like a NW 4-5, early balding, but sides are pretty stable till 70 years.