Accidentally Scratched Grafts Day 6

Hi all,

Had a 2000 graft FUE from Dr. Jim Harris in Denver 6 days ago. Surgery went amazing and I really like the graft placement. 

I've been super careful so far with avoiding touching the recipient area. Tonight I sat down on the couch and for a quick second scratched my hairline and some grafts. I immediately stopped a second later when my brain registered what I had done.

There is no blood, and I haven't seen and grafts or scabs fall out (that I know of).

Just looking for reassurance I guess that scratching the grafts for a brief second on Day 6 most likely didn't do anything? This hair transplant is literally the most important thing to me in my life right now (sorry if that sounds vain - but its the truth), so I am beating myself up over this. 

I read that - for the most part - it is obvious when a graft is dislodged. There is significant blood and some pain. But I have heard some people say some grafts can become dislodged without the blood and pain. 

Please help and/or offer wisdom. 

@Melvin-Moderator your input is always great. 

Thanks!

Edit: Photos Attached, taken Day 7 morning (morning after scratching). I think I scratched right in then middle center but not sure. I think some of the scabs in that area are somewhat loose now...but being its Day 7 I think/hope its normal for the scabs to start loosening up. 

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

Edited by DenverBuff1989
Added Images

From a study done on graft security, I believe on Bernstein’s webesite but I found it through google nonetheless, your grafts are most sensitive within the first 5 days, and gradually it becomes harder to pluck them out. By the 7th-9th day they are completely secure and they even indicated that it would likely take surgical intervention to take them back Out at that point. So I would say you’re fine based on that, if all you did was scratch for a moment. You would also see the repercussions of it I’m sure. 

• Administrators

I made a video a month or two ago, did you bleed? Can you post pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderator Hi Melvin, sure thing I added 2 pics to my original post.  Takentoday/ Day 7 morning (morning after scratching). I think I scratched right in then middle center but not sure. I think some of the scabs in that area are somewhat loose now...but being its Day 7 I think/hope its normal for the scabs to start loosening up. There was no blood at all. 

Thoughts? Also if you can can you link the video you made regarding this? I'd be happy to search myself, but given you have so much content it may take me awhile lol.

Thanks!

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.