UNEVEN Hairline. Possible Repair? Info Wanted

Just give it time. it looks great. would you prefer to have a straight frankenstien hairline too low acoss your forhead? Believe me I had that 20 years ago and spent ecades and $$$ to get it sparse and uneven.

believe me.. go natural.. not bulk. "nature abhors right angles". applies to the hair more than everything.

Balboa, at 4 months, you look great. don't sweat it. imagine what you will be in 6 more months.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just give it time. it looks great. would you prefer to have a straight frankenstien hairline too low acoss your forhead? Believe me I had that 20 years ago and spent ecades and $$$ to get it sparse and uneven.

believe me.. go natural.. not bulk. "nature abhors right angles". applies to the hair more than everything.

Balboa, at 4 months, you look great. don't sweat it. imagine what you will be in 6 more months.

no thats the thing i dont want it too low like franenstien i just wanted the lower side to be a bit higher to match the higher side as if you so me in person you would know what i meen, my friends so see what i meen with it aswell

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

another pic just taken in super bright light! you can see what i mean with pebblestoneing scaring and also the current growth is more apparent

IMG_1234.thumb.jpg.df0b29ab07ecc684bbcf3e7aea71b9fd.jpg

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

You could always check into laser removal. The problem here is most likely there would be more 2-3 hair grafts that far back. When it grows in, you could try to shave it some to even it more out and see if permanent removal is something you would want to consider. Maybe after that, some 1 hair grafts placed in w/ fue, if not soft enough.

that was my plan actualy almost exactly what you just sugested, i guess great minds think alike

whats your thoughts on the pebblestone scarring? what can be done with that

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I'd talk to a dematologist, it seems your forehead skin is overproducing oil somewhat making it emphasize your recipient area wounds. It could also just take longer for you to completly heal. But still, I'd check if this is not due to something that can be treated with an ointment. Not sure in this area.

i have always struggled with oily skin although this is also down to the fact of an anti dry spray i use on the scalp to stop it itching, oil is a good thing as far as scaring as the more oil the better the skin can cope, scaring aside what are your thoughts on the growth so far 3 months + 3 weeks, looking at the bright light photo

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Hi, Balboa. A few questions: 1. What made you decide to pursue F.U.E. instead of strip-harvesting? 2. Is the acne visible in your picture (supposedly) a result of your procedure? 3. It's been about five months now, is that correct?

To answer your concern, I think your hairline looks fine. Of course, we are talking about cosmetic surgery, and, mostly, it comes down to what you think. We "fix" these things because they bother us, not because they bug others. If you're very unhappy, I'm sure a few grafts could bring down your "high" end; else, you could consider having a bit of the other side extracted (or, just shave it slightly).

Balboa do you plan to keep your hair very short or let it grow? If grown long it might not be noticeable in 12 months. I do see what you are concerned about. What did your doctor say? Did he do that on purpose or was it a mistake?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Balboa,

My hairline is also assymetrical to a higher degree than I would have liked. Having grown in, it looks completely differnt combed left or combed right. One way tooks pretty good, the other way looks like a VERY unfortunate degree and pattern of recession, just unnatural.

I am not happy with it, but style around it, as you will learn to. It will be annoying, but as long as no one is staring at your hairline, you should be ok. Regarding getting it fixed, you might be able to get individual hairs lasered. In my case, thei hairline is so high, that the option is more grafts and to fill in the one side.

I think the drawn hairline is a "contract" that you agree upon wit your doctor. I should have unleashed my A-type personality and dictated better what I wanted (although I tried), but defered to the doc.

I was surprised to find that at my first break when I looked in mirror, only the front centimeter was planted and the original drawn line was completely gone, so apparently he just winged the remainder of the graft placement.

I see this "offset" pattern used by some docs and there may be wisdom in it's use, but I would like it explained to me.

An assymentrical hairline just doesnt look correct from ALL angles. You can style it to look good from the front, but from the profile or 45* (at least in my case), looks awkward.

I have come to the realization that at least people do not appear to be looking at my hair when I am talking to them at least. No eyes shooting up, so maybe I should be 100% thankful!?

Good luck, you will probably be OK in the long run. It may take some lasering. You cna pluck individual hair out to thin that area and see how it looks once it is grown out.

Relax... you are only 4 months.. i know that sounds like an eternity when you are waiting for results... but the body takes a while to mend. NO scar thru the dermal layer will be gone in under 8 months. period. the cobblestoning will smooth out. it takes time. you do not have keloids.. that's what you would nedd to worry about (which you need not) people who form keloid scars .. well they never go away. the redness just means blood vessles are proliferating in the area which means healing is taking place. I know it's easy for me to say: but, relax, keep your cool and wait til the holidays. it will look GREAT. This talk of Lazer, shaving at this point is crazy

You may want to check , or reread your doc's consent, but i would wager it specifically states that definitive results will not be known for 12 months.. or something like that. all plastic surgeons state that.. or they should. lipo scars: 9 months. boob scars: 9 to 12 months. Peopls. the human body does not heal in a few weeks, we are not talking about a scratch that goes away with some cortaid cream after 4 weeks.

PLEASE.. hang in there.. don't go and do anything stupid.. it just makes it worse. let it all grow in, let the skin smooth out, facial symmytry has a way of correcting it's self WITH time!

I know Summers coming up.. it sucks.. but wait at least until thanksgiving.. if it still looks bad to you (which i bet it wont) THEN go and do something. Rome is not built in a day.

I do think that a lot of the docs gloss over the amount of time it takes to get the optimal results.. they know we live in a fast food society and we want it now!.. if they tell you the real story.. most folks (wrongly) will go find someone who will tell them what they want to hear. The docs don't want to lose th pt, so they gloss over.. but it's in the fine print.

I put the blame 50/50. most docs are.. umm. "nebulous" as to the exact time frame because they don't want to lose the patient.. but most pre op patients only listen to what they want to hear, and think they will be crusing in their convertible in a month looking like Fabio. you have to be realistic... it takes time!!!!

@ CuriousJungleGeorge

to answer these questions:

1. First of all 2 reason i chose fue, i have my back an sides shaved at a No2 often so its short, second reson Armani does not do strip and i chose armani after looking into the results but also i wasnt all that clued up as i am now about FUE before having the HT i didnt look into forums so much untill after i had the procedure, i know stupid thing but well its done now and growth seems good so far

2. about the Acne the ance is due to dry skin on the forhead from the Monixidol, most of the time my skin is fine if i moisterize etc, the bumps on the hairline are not acne its something else either scaring or whatnot.

3. Finaly i am at 3Months+3Weeks stage not 5 months, I have a Blog under my Avarter (Pic)

@ wantego

Hi yes i do have my hair quite short at times a No2 Shaved back and sides and cut quite short on top with my Fringe flicked up but i also swap about an sometimes bleech it blonde and have it longer with a more ''pretty look'' Style in the summer time but mainly its shortish yeah i know what u mean about the longer the hair the less noticeable as i just has my hair cut 2 weeks back and it was more noticeable than it is right now

The doctor siad to wait till 12 months and then said if i still had concerns to contact

@ dalew

thanks for the positivity and the info regarding the scaring, i do plan to wait till everything is healed and grown before considering any steps to sort this so you dont have to worry about me doing anything stupid, the only thing i did stupid so far was not say ''HANG ON 1 SEC LET ME LOOK AT THE HAIRLINE A LITTLE LONGER BEFORE YOU START MAKING HOLES''

i littraly no word of a lie got 2 mins to look at the hairline with a handheld mirror i never had the hairline drwan on before the procedure or at any consultations i got it drawn on me about 5 mins before the recipiant sites were made

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

the growth looks good so far Balboa.

if that hairline design is bothering you that much (which it shouldn't), then you can always shave 2-3mm the lower side to make you happy.

what i'm worried about after looking at your pics are those bumps. there is a guy called AceInhibitor that is around 10 months post up with the bumps like yours still clearly visible. i hope nothing like that happens to you, but just something to keep in mind when your 6 months milestone comes and you still have 'em. then i'd be really worried. when did you notice them for the first time????

all in all not bad so far and hang in there buddy.

P.S.

are you an amateur boxer? or a professional boxer? i see that you have that boxer's nose. the flat one, like you removed the bone from it, like pros are doing.

Dr. Armani doesn't "do" strip? That's stunning to me, as most surgeons in this field with whom I've consulted have advised the benefits of strip still make it (for most people) the best option available. F.U.E. tends to cost twice as much, and offer a lower yield of follicles from the donor region.

Anyway, as you say, what's done is done, and there's nothing to feel bad about if everything is working out all right. Again, to me, your hairline looks good, but (also again), how you feel is more important than how anyone else does. Could you post a shot of yourself pre-op., so we can form an idea as to what's really going on with the results?

At short of four months, I think you really need to wait that much longer before you settle on how you feel about anything. It's possible some units are just taking longer to start growing than are others. I understand the trepidation (many in this forum will): just try -- with all your might -- to go on living without checking your head four times a day with three mirrors -- icon_smile.gif.

*What per-unit rate did Doctor Armani charge (if you don't mind my asking)?

I contacted my rep from the clinic about those bumps this is what he said:

Don`t worry, the bumps are minor and will fade after time. If you have some Fucidin H cream left apply some to the area after you have applied the Minoxidil (allow the Minoxidil 20 minutes to dry). Do this twice a day for 2 weeks and it may help improve.

The pimples will fade after a while, I had them also. Sometimes its a slight reaction to the Minoxidil itself I found, so make sure the solution doesn't go on the forehead/face ??“ just the grafted area

This is what Dr Bisanga said as i contacted another doctor for his own opionion on the Uneven area and the BUMPS

The changes to your scalp do not look normal to be honest, looks like either the slit making or placement was not done correctly, is this localised to that area or is it generally across the entire area that was transplanted? Yes it could make a difference to the placement of the new grafts, hopefully it will relax a little over the months and sometimes if in areas we would remove hair when the hair is removed the "holes" go over time as the skin returns to normal

@Mr GU i noticed the bumps after the scabs were gone and i could see my scalp, im not 100% sure on when i noticed the bumps to be honest but it wasnt too much longer after the scalp was visable i will look back at some of my 1M pics to check, but the bumps tend to be more at the lower side than the other, also i dont have a boxers nose lol i think its just the pics i do have a wider nose rather than pointy but its never been broken as of yet lol. i do a little amature fighting now and again at a local club nothing major

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Hi CuriousJungleGeorge

I Proply would of gone for strip if i had known the benifits before hand, also if you click on my BlOG witch is above my pic of Balboa then you will see at the bottom the pic of me before

also i cant say how much i piad as a contract was made about that. about the grwoth yes im sure alot more hairs are to show up as im not even 4months yet and everyday i can see it improving, my 2 main concerns are the DESIGN and the BUMPS, im sure armani will offer strip again at some point in the future if all the negatives keep putting people off going there for FUE

Also i will add this: this is a reply from Dr Bisanga about the hairline and options

Dr. Bisanga has had a chance to look at your case, the first comment he made is that although he appreciates and understands your concerns it is too early at present to really give you a realistic idea what can be done specifically. That said, we can discuss the possibilities, Dr. B wants to know your age also please. You do not want to lower your hair line further, that is a good thing and you discuss maybe removing some of the grafts to even up the design and this may be a possibility; FUE extraction tool can remove the grafts and not leave any scarring, the problem is sometimes this will not remove all the grafts in one procedure, this is because some will be in a "sleeping" stage and just not visible. Also to do this you will have to wait for certainly another 4 months maybe longer with the growth rates Armani has shown and I have seen. These grafts when removed can then be reused elsewhere to balance the hair line. Another problem is having to recreate the hair line because when we remove the frontal hair line we will be removing probably mostly singles hair grafts and this will expose the larger multiple hair FU and then the hair line will look pluggy, so we will have to go into the area further, remove some of the larger groups and then totally redesign the area; this can create the problem when we remove the FU it will obviously create a punch hole that has to heal and this will hinder placing new hair close to the area, so again it may not be possible to achieve the "total" result in one procedure.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

thanks for that extra info B!

you do whatever they say. that way they can't blame you for not doing the "right thing".

just to add my 2 cents about that cream. you know that that cream is anti-bacterial/anti-inflammatory cream. i used it once (the same cream) when I cut my hand badly. so i don't know if it's smart to use that cream for too long on your recipient area. it might have some adverse effect on grafts' survival, but again what do i know, i'm not a doctor but i'd love to hear one in regard to prolong exposure to that particular cream with respect to grafts' affect. i know that chances are 0.1% that some other doc will chime in on it but it's worth a try to ask. it's hard for one doc to try and correct the other, especially on public forums like this one. i know "the code".

hi yes i also contacted miguel about that cream before he left the armani clinc and he told me not to use it just yet leave it a while and if you still have redness then let us know, aslo 1 of the other reps told me that the cream is ok in moderation and did tell me on its affects of the grafts as it can hinder growth if you dont get the right balance, my first question was does this cream affect growth i can post part of the email infact:

The use of Fucidin H will assist the removal of the redness as it reduces any inflamation and promotes skin renewal. The thinning of the skin is actually a detrimental point as corticosteroids can take away the plumpness of the skin and will remove layers which does not help graft growth and may delay some of the growth. It is about finding the right balance.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shyt. Balboa, RELAX. I'm glad you posted what BHR SAID about your BUMPS, because within a few months they're going to make themselves look really STUPID.

If you want, I will post my friend's pimples/bumps post-op which were much more severe, but have gradually dissapeared.

Those bumps are NORMAL and will dissapear, that's an absolute guarantee. And your hairline is FINE. Can you WAIT 10-12 months?!?!? You sound like a PARANOID child. Listen to these guys here WAIT!!! The first rule of thumb post transplant is to BE PATIENT! Go Out, enjoy your life, you'll be fine buddy!

Originally posted by Balboa:

hi yes i also contacted miguel about that cream before he left the armani clinc and he told me not to use it just yet leave it a while and if you still have redness then let us know, aslo 1 of the other reps told me that the cream is ok in moderation and did tell me on its affects of the grafts as it can hinder growth if you dont get the right balance, my first question was does this cream affect growth i can post part of the email infact:

The use of Fucidin H will assist the removal of the redness as it reduces any inflamation and promotes skin renewal. The thinning of the skin is actually a detrimental point as corticosteroids can take away the plumpness of the skin and will remove layers which does not help graft growth and may delay some of the growth. It is about finding the right balance.

I wouldn't label Balboa a "PARANOID child". He underwent a major operations with major expectations and to a clinic with major controversy. As for the "bumps" -- whether or not BHR will be correct or not in their assessment, and we all hope they won't be, he was told troubling news from a reputable clinic.

He obviously will wait "10-12 months" but with the aforesaid being true on top of the fact that the hairline he received clearly has shown signs of at the very least being of a preference he does not deem ideal he would have to be oblivious or uncaring not to be a bit frantic, emote, and seek some honest words on his potential options.

I agree that he should relax, chill, and give it the necessary time -- but his reaction isn't crazy or absurd.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Balboa,

I have read your concerns and can feel your anxiety. I do hope you will allow the result time to grow out and let the full result come in before making a final judgement. There is a great chance you will like the hairline design once everything grows in.

I have sent you a PM with my contact information. I would be happy to speak with you over the phone to address any concerns you have.

Pats205

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani