Am I experiencing shock loss?

TorontoMan

Hey guys, 

I'm a day shy of 3 weeks post-op of 2,400 FUE. I got a lot of scabs form starting from day 4 and noticed a few hairs shed around day 10. Is starting the shedding phase earlier (day 10) or is it preferable to have them all shed collectively at a later time? I've attached some photos (and i will be sharing my progress as soon as I get consent from the clinic), and now that I'm approaching the high shedding phase and ultimately the ugly duckling phase, I do have a small concerns about the hair right outside the recipient area. It looks thinner now than it did immediately post op. Does shock loss to native hair happen through the course of a few weeks, or have I experienced it already?

Day 2

IMG_3940.thumb.JPG.381fb638e7729fdd3c9bd4bd8a351cef.JPG

Immediate Post-op 

IMG_8443.JPG.c9bebb859a501cdb46cb0169d6119506.JPG

Day 10

IMG_4267.thumb.JPG.ee104264d988a21a126441788fc4e816.JPG

Day 17 

IMG_4517.thumb.JPG.4a79c0dbd94fbbd87fef99a519de0950.JPG

• Administrators

It's hard to say at this point, it could be shock loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yea can't say for sure, but hairs that are already thinning/miniaturizing are more vulnerable to shockloss, your day of pic here shows those areas were thinning a bit already. Hopefully its just the temporary kind and its back in a few months. Have you been taking finasteride and/or minoxidil for a while before the transplant? those help strengthen your vulnerable hairs and reduce the chances of shockloss.

image.png.bb74eaa12d80074a5e80f94a75d5c289.png

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

Yea can't say for sure, but hairs that are already thinning/miniaturizing are more vulnerable to shockloss, your day of pic here shows those areas were thinning a bit already. Hopefully its just the temporary kind and its back in a few months. Have you been taking finasteride and/or minoxidil for a while before the transplant? those help strengthen your vulnerable hairs and reduce the chances of shockloss.

image.png.bb74eaa12d80074a5e80f94a75d5c289.png

I’ve been on both for close to a year, it is likely that they were slightly miniaturized hairs. I’m hoping it’s temporary because there will be spots between hair line and the remaining hair. He also said they shaved down with a razor the outline above the hairline, so I’m wondering if I small stubble hairs could still be growing in and just can’t get picked up on the photo.. one can hope thats the case anyway

Probably some shock loss.  I'm sure you will be pleased in 3-4 months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 years later...