Why Young (and not so young) People Should Do their Homework!

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor

I have posted this podcast I did with Harry earlier in the year from his YouTube channel 'Bald Cafe.' I was getting pretty down on myself (due to the lock down at the time really) but I am fine now. The reason I am posting it is because I just want to share with some of the more recent and very young members who are requesting to have very low hairlines and unnecessary procedures as young as 20. I made this mistake at '18' and although I have come out of it on the other side many, many years later, I wouldn't wish what I had to go through on anyone to get there.

I hope it's ok Melvin to put this post up and feel free to delete if it's breaking any rules, etc. My aim is to hopefully prevent others from making the same mistake/s I did. It's so sad that today many, MANY years after what happened to me, this is now still happening on an almost pandemic level! There are so many young men who we never even hear from that live a lonely life of quiet desperation from the result of a bad hair transplant. It's a long video so feel free to only some of it if you choose to. Take care everyone!

• Like 4

• Administrators

I don’t mind it, bald cafe has a very anti-hair transplant stance. What made you change your mind on hair transplants?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t mind it, bald cafe has a very anti-hair transplant stance. What made you change your mind on hair transplants?

Hey Melvin. Like zoomster I was told Previously that I was not a candidate for a hair transplant. It wasn’t until I got in touch with Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika that I was informed by them at Eugenix that I would be a suitable candidate. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Hey Melvin. Like zoomster I was told Previously that I was not a candidate for a hair transplant. It wasn’t until I got in touch with Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika that I was informed by them at Eugenix that I would be a suitable candidate. 

Thankfully, you were turned away, cause I’m sure the surgeons who refused you were not capable of helping you. It really takes a different skill restoring Norwood 6/7s. Dr. Sethi and Bansal have it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

I had given up on hair transplants after I had several procedures to remove the punch grafts in my early 20’s. I began researching hair transplants again only four years ago when I was rejected by Dr Bhatti who I saw in person. Other hair transplant surgeons said they could go ahead but give me a limited head of hair (framing the face, filling in the forelock, etc). I declined until I spoke with Eugenix very early in the year. 

It is so important for young people to understand that transplant requires a lot of patience and has a particular candidacy. I have too, witnessed massacres in young people who have been blindly transplanted. To have a bad transplant at an age where one is just stepping into young adulthood is horrifying. Plus usually they don't even require it. Unrealistic hairline choices are the worst. It is so difficult to reason with young adults and adolescents. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

It is so important for young people to understand that transplant requires a lot of patience and has a particular candidacy. I have too, witnessed massacres in young people who have been blindly transplanted. To have a bad transplant at an age where one is just stepping into young adulthood is horrifying. Plus usually they don't even require it. Unrealistic hairline choices are the worst. It is so difficult to reason with young adults and adolescents. 

I agree with everything you have stated Gabrielle. Sadly from personal experience and I hope that anyone who is in my postion when I was 18 reads your words and watch the video so they can learn from my mistakes and not their own. It's a lot cheaper and stress free if they do.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 11:52 PM, Gatsby said:

I had given up on hair transplants after I had several procedures to remove the punch grafts in my early 20’s. I began researching hair transplants again only four years ago when I was rejected by Dr Bhatti who I saw in person. Other hair transplant surgeons said they could go ahead but give me a limited head of hair (framing the face, filling in the forelock, etc). I declined until I spoke with Eugenix very early in the year. 

Curious, why did Dr. Bhatti reject you? Did he discuss using alternate sources, like body hair, for your restoration? I was rejected myself for any repair work, because my donor was tapped and there was nothing to work with, and then in 2014 I found Dr. Umar, and he changed my life when no one else could. Perhaps there are others out there who can do the same now, but in the U.S., there was only Dr. Umar 6 years ago. 

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, wylie said:

Curious, why did Dr. Bhatti reject you? Did he discuss using alternate sources, like body hair, for your restoration? I was rejected myself for any repair work, because my donor was tapped and there was nothing to work with, and then in 2014 I found Dr. Umar, and he changed my life when no one else could. Perhaps there are others out there who can do the same now, but in the U.S., there was only Dr. Umar 6 years ago. 

I saw Dr Bhatti when he came to Australia for consultations. After quickly examining my hair, etc, he simply said that I am not a candidate for a hair transplant. I mentioned body hair and he told me that the results wouldn't look good. Even with added beard hair he said that the results wouldn't look good. I respect his decision and if that's what he believes then I admire him for his honesty. At Eugenix they have been able to use up to 2,000 plus beard grafts with the right candidate. I know Dr Bhatti uses only up to around 600-800 max from his website/YouTube videos, etc.