What's Worse A Failed Hair Transplant Or Going Completely Bald?

• Administrators

I want you guys to really think of this question, what would you consider worse, would it be worse to go fully bald Norwood 6- slap head, or would it be worse to have a failed hair transplant? I want to hear your guys thoughts. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Great points, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going bald. Failure is subjective, i've seen some pretty good results that are deemed a failure by the person, and some horrendous results that the patients are happy with, so it really comes down to the patients perspective, it's their hair and head at the end of the day.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

There’s a lot of young guys who think: “who cares what I look like when I’m 40” well I’ll tell you I’m 5 years away, and I will definitely care what I look like at 40. 

View my thread

• Administrators
8 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

I somewhat agree.

Failure can indeed be subjective in terms of a patient's expectations, but there are areas where a HT can be assessed objectively as a failure; like when a specific clinic has failed to do what is promised in their consent forms or consultation sheets etc. Anything appearing unnatural would objectively be seen as a failure. 

Something like growth or scarring cant reasonably be guaranteed by a clinic, yet instances of poor growth and bad scarring are certainly viewed as failures. So I dont believe its completely subjective. The subjective part really comes down what a patient is willing to accept as a result (or not understand what is considered acceptable)

You are absolutely right. Well said. 

View my thread

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There’s a lot of young guys who think: “who cares what I look like when I’m 40” well I’ll tell you I’m 5 years away, and I will definitely care what I look like at 40. 

You're as likely to care about your appearance at 40, 50, even 60 in this looks- obsessed culture. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, kirkland said:

You're as likely to care about your appearance at 40, 50, even 60 in this looks- obsessed culture. 

I’m sure I will care about my looks as long as I live. I don’t think we ever “give up.” 

View my thread

41 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m sure I will care about my looks as long as I live. I don’t think we ever “give up.” 

No we do not.

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, voxman said:

No we do not.

You and @Dazed are proof of that haha

View my thread

19 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I want you guys to really think of this question, what would you consider worse, would it be worse to go fully bald Norwood 6- slap head, or would it be worse to have a failed hair transplant? I want to hear your guys thoughts. 

Having a failed hair transplantation procedure is the worst. At least the donor is safe even if you go naturally bald even to grade VII with retrograde thinning. With failed hair transplants, the graft loss is permanent and can never be got back. The fact that the donor area is a finite resource is the biggest drawback.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Having a failed hair transplantation procedure is the worst. At least the donor is safe even if you go naturally bald even to grade VII with retrograde thinning. With failed hair transplants, the graft loss is permanent and can never be got back. The fact that the donor area is a finite resource is the biggest drawback.

Good point, I agree failed hair transplant is definitely worse.

• Like 1

View my thread