Percentage of beard/chest hair for a NW Va/VI ?

If someone is a Norwood Va or VI, what would be the maximum percentage they could have input using FUE or DHI using beard and/or chest donor before it would look unusual?

Obviously, the hair would have to be kept relatively short if there's a lot of beard or chest hair donor, but above a certain percentage would it be obvious that it wasn't normal head hair?

Thanks.

Edited by Mike_2020

• Administrators

@Portugal25 he’s had a significant amount of beard hair, maybe he can answer you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Mike_2020 I had bald midscalp and crown that has been filled with 1888 beard grafts + 2007 scalp grafts (50/50) and I can’t tell you that it’s impossible to notice the difference between scalp and beard grafts.

9E91218A-674B-4D16-BF6D-0384EF5CC8E6.jpeg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The lower back part of my crown is 100% beard and chest hair. I was completely bald there before. It doesn't look any different than other hair and it grows several inches long if I let it. There are no issues with length or appearance. For the first two years there is a difference in how it feels if I run my hands through it. It feels a bit more coarse, but that slowly goes away over a few years. I can't tell the difference anymore in the oldest ones that were transplanted.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Can you guys share pics?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

I'll try to get a picture up here tomorrow

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

10 hours ago, Mike_2020 said:

If someone is a Norwood Va or VI, what would be the maximum percentage they could have input using FUE or DHI using beard and/or chest donor before it would look unusual?

Obviously, the hair would have to be kept relatively short if there's a lot of beard or chest hair donor, but above a certain percentage would it be obvious that it wasn't normal head hair?

Thanks.

The candidacy of the donor hair and their percentage of use depend on so many factors:

Donor availability

Hair calibre

Beard density

And so on. It would be wrong to generalise that "this specific" amount or percentage would be apt for the body or scalp hair donors to be used as a general average for everyone. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Moderators

Potugal,

Wow. That's a big change. Looks great and at only 6 months it should still get better.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)