Shapiro Recommendation?

hybonix

Hello everyone!

I have scheduled an FUT with H&W, but curious what the forums think of Dr. Shapiro? I am not seeing any recent results on these forums and I curious about his work. Can anyone recommend Shapiro? Does he do good work? Thoughts/comments/concerns?

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

You are referencing Dr. Ron Shapiro, founder of Shapiro Medical Group in Minneapolis, correct? A pioneer, one of the best in the biz.  

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

43 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

You are referencing Dr. Ron Shapiro, founder of Shapiro Medical Group in Minneapolis, correct? A pioneer, one of the best in the biz.  

Yes, that is the one! He has availability sooner than H&W and was curious if Dr. Ron Shapiro is a good alternative or better than H&W. I appreciate your feedback.

• Administrators

Excellent doctor, he was our publishers doctor @Pat - Community Publisher

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

56 minutes ago, hybonix said:

Yes, that is the one! He has availability sooner than H&W and was curious if Dr. Ron Shapiro is a good alternative or better than H&W. I appreciate your feedback.

I mean, deciding between H&W and Ron Shapiro is like trying to choose between a Porsche or B&W.  😎  You can't go wrong either way.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

2 hours ago, hybonix said:

Here's a link to Dr Shapiro's gallery result page:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Share-info/gallery-by-doctor-ver2.asp?DrID=16

And here's to H&W docs

Hasson:
https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Share-info/gallery-by-doctor-ver2.asp?DrID=9

Wong:
https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Share-info/gallery-by-doctor-ver2.asp?DrID=632

Edited by ciaus

On 8/19/2020 at 4:03 PM, ciaus said:

Thank you for all the help. H&W is my first choice, but I believe the Canadian border won’t open back up until Spring of 2021 at this point. American cases need to dramatically decline for Canada to even consider Re-opening. So, I will opt for Dr. Ron Shapiro. Cooley and Gabel were on my list as well, but Shapiro is legendary on these forums and has many many years of experience, so I feel comfortable going to him now. I also like his work, but I’ll start a new thread once I make the final choice. I cannot wait until I share my results as they are going to be dramatic.

• Like 1