Dr. Pekiner 2012 grafts, 18 August 2020

kiokbs

9 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Beautiful hairline design.

Subtle A-Symmetry and the angular closings are nothing short of perfect. 

Look after yourself and your new grafts during the next 8-12 months and you will both look and feel like a new man. 

Congratulations. 

thanks mate.

1 hour ago, ShadowMoon said:

Why is it that I can immediately identify Dr. Dieps work based on that "questionable" placement of grafts?

:)

I'd be impressed if you can do the same by just from showing you the donor area.

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Beautiful hairline design.

Subtle A-Symmetry and the angular closings are nothing short of perfect. 

Look after yourself and your new grafts during the next 8-12 months and you will both look and feel like a new man. 

Congratulations. 

It is always about results, so we'll see in 8-12 months. But still, the techniques used contribute to that result in the end. I can't help but to admire a fellow brother's HT and be happy for him.

1 hour ago, jimcraig152 said:

:)

I'd be impressed if you can do the same by just from showing you the donor area.

It is always about results, so we'll see in 8-12 months. But still, the techniques used contribute to that result in the end. I can't help but to admire a fellow brother's HT and be happy for him.

His ht does look amazing so far.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:03 AM, kiokbs said:

thanks bud, he used to be, now he works by his own clinic.

I see that he reflects the hairline design of HLC.

It is very early to say anything but procedure seems very clean. Happy growing bud

• Like 1

hey guys it’s day 7 and most of the scabs are gone, i dont know if i made it too early cuss since first washing with shampoo(yesterday) i couldnt keep myself to rub the recipient area(gently for sure). i hope i didnt damage the grafts, now it looks like this any comments advices are appreciated.

EF75FFC9-B3BF-4794-A8E1-015AB2465124.jpeg

Edited by kiokbs

5 hours ago, kiokbs said:

hey guys it’s day 7 and most of the scabs are gone, i dont know if i made it too early cuss since first washing with shampoo(yesterday) i couldnt keep myself to rub the recipient area(gently for sure). i hope i didnt damage the grafts, now it looks like this any comments advices are appreciated.

EF75FFC9-B3BF-4794-A8E1-015AB2465124.jpeg

They're glued in there by 7 days, as long as you didn't use your finger nails you're good to go.

37 minutes ago, ShadowMoon said:

They're glued in there by 7 days, as long as you didn't use your finger nails you're good to go.

ohh i was afraid, as you said hope it will be okay thanks budd.

Yeap. You are good to go. That work looks spectacular! From the early results, you'll be able to sport a zero, half, or one-guard buzz cut when this is all over and no one will be the wiser. Be sure to capture the donor at this point as well.

BTW, how are you feeling at this point, particularly in the donor area with the machine harvesting? I know my 2nd week was the roughest with discomfort in that area.

2 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Yeap. You are good to go. That work looks spectacular! From the early results, you'll be able to sport a zero, half, or one-guard buzz cut when this is all over and no one will be the wiser. Be sure to capture the donor at this point as well.

BTW, how are you feeling at this point, particularly in the donor area with the machine harvesting? I know my 2nd week was the roughest with discomfort in that area.

thanks dude. honestly i feel less pain than i expected, as long as i dont touch or wash it dont feel any pain on the donor site for now. 

@kiokbscongratulations on chosing Dr. Pekiner.

Your donor area recovered very well and the recipient area looks really remarkably natural with the singles properly placed in the front and with perfect angles to provide a natural look and flow of the hairs.

Pretty sure this is going to be a home run for Pekiner.

I highly recomend you to stay on Finasteride because I stopped taking it in 2009 and lost all my hair in the midscalp and crown (even lost several of the transplanted hairs I got in 2008 by Dr. Rahal).

@giegnosiganoe the reason why Pekiner does just a little over 1000 grafts per day is because of his highly skilled technique called stick&place and the fact that he`s performing the whole surgery without delegating any steps to technicians.

Stick&Place is very demanding on the Doctor because the Doctor has to manually make the punch/hole in which he determines the location of the graft and then he imediatly implant the graft with the perfect angle (he`s doing this 1000x plus times per day). 

Ofcourse with such a precise and skilled technique done by just 1 person with nurses only there for assisting him makes it impossible for Dr. Pekiner to implant more than 1500 grafts in 1 day.

Pekiner is truly one of the best Doctors in Turkey.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@giegnosiganoe the reason why Pekiner does just a little over 1000 grafts per day is because of his highly skilled technique called stick&place and the fact that he`s performing the whole surgery without delegating any steps to technicians.

Stick&Place is very demanding on the Doctor because the Doctor has to manually make the punch/hole in which he determines the location of the graft and then he imediatly implant the graft with the perfect angle (he`s doing this 1000x plus times per day). 

Ofcourse with such a precise and skilled technique done by just 1 person with nurses only there for assisting him makes it impossible for Dr. Pekiner to implant more than 1500 grafts in 1 day.

Pekiner is truly one of the best Doctors in Turkey.

Thanks for the info. Could you explain what is the benefit of stick and place here?

With Stick&Place the punch used to make the slits can have a diameter as low as 0,6mm because the graft is implanted immediately after the hole is punched so the hole/slit has no time to close. This is related to a quicker recovery with zero swelling along with a higher graft survival rate. 

Doctors doing pre-made slits are basically punching thousands holes (that immediately start to close once they are opened so they must be wider) that will stay open for quite some time before the technicians finish implanting thousands of grafts in the pre-made slits (where the Doctor marked the X). This is a older technique.

Recentely Stick&Place has evolved to DHI in which the doctors uses several implantor pens that are charged with the grafts. These pens punch the hole/slit and implant the graft at the same time so there’s less handling of the graft thus less trauma to the graft. 

Some Doctors like Pekiner still prefer Stick&Place because it’s more manual handling thus allowing them to have a better feel of the depth of the punch they are making and a better control the angle of the graft they are implanting. 

For me these are the best techniques in FUE and actually Dr. Konior (15USD/graft) one of the best FUE Doctors in the world is doing Stick&Place.

I do believe many Doctors will upgrade to DHI solely because it allows then to implant more grafts per day due to the fact of the implantor pen being much quicker doing the 2 steps of implanting rather than manually punching and then implanting each graft one at a time. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

Edited by kiokbs
it's been 2 months from the surgery now; thank god donor zone recovered quickly and for the front line i need to wait, large number of transplanted hairs are maintaining after the shock loss tho which is good for sure.