How hair transplant has affected your confidence?

How has ht affected your confidence? Do you feel as good with it as you use to once about your looks or is it just better than having no hair? I am just trying to figure out how good do people in general feel about transplants. Just wanted to know how much mental happiness can it provide and is it it even worth.if you feel 10/10 earlier ,how you feel now about Ur looks after a ht?

Edited by NAVI

Personally, I feel very happy having gone through this process, my self confidence is way up all due to having stopped dwelling daily on my hair or lack there of, and the dread I felt of having to be sure to wear a baseball hat every time I stepped out in public and all the anxiety that came with being in social situations. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I think this is a good thread topic. I'm interested in hearing from forum members if their HT boosted their confidence. When I did SMP over 5 years ago, I was certain that it would turn a corner for my confidence but it didn't. It looked unnatural and made me hide my scalp more than before. 

43 minutes ago, kirkland said:

I think this is a good thread topic. I'm interested in hearing from forum members if their HT boosted their confidence. When I did SMP over 5 years ago, I was certain that it would turn a corner for my confidence but it didn't. It looked unnatural and made me hide my scalp more than before. 

Smp is just an indication that you have hair on top,that's it. It is only slightly better than bald but no way near having hair. Little wonder it is disappointing.

My HTs definitely made me feel more confident which helped my dating life and for sure helped me professionally.  More importantly, I like what I see staring back now when I look in the mirror.   In a way though, I feel like I took the easy way out as looks are definitely not anywhere near as important as personality.  I have bald friends who are amazingly confident and ass kickers in life. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tao said:

My HTs definitely made me feel more confident which helped my dating life and for sure helped me professionally.  More importantly, I like what I see staring back now when I look in the mirror.   In a way though, I feel like I took the easy way out as looks are definitely not anywhere near as important as personality.  I have bald friends who are amazingly confident and ass kickers in life. 

I still find it difficult to believe anyone with a bald disfigure face can feel confident and that would show up in their personalities too

10 hours ago, NAVI said:

I still find it difficult to believe anyone with a bald disfigure face can feel confident and that would show up in their personalities too

Speaking for myself, looking back on my life I think I've generally spent way too much time trying to change the way I look to please or attract others instead of working on my personality and focusing on being a genuinely nice person that attracts others for that reason.  The bald or balding men that I know mostly do the latter and are extremely popular and successful. 

I'm of two minds about this... 

The short answer is that yes, my hair transplant 100% helped me in the confidence department - but only in regards to my hairline. I no longer have to carry the added weight into my day stressed out about my hairline, feeling insecure about it, etc. 

On the other hand, as someone who has dealt with chronic insecurities my entire life, I also know that insecurity about hair loss is just a symptom of something bigger - and that unless we're willing to deal with the underlying issues, the insecurities are like a moving target, and as soon as we address one thing, our minds will find something else to latch onto and feel insecure about. No matter what people will tell you, confidence is a skill and something that takes practice. Depending on one's life experiences, confidence can be something that either comes really naturally to you (no matter how much hair you have, how smart you are, how attractive you are, etc... Some people just "have it" because they were raised/taught/conditioned to have it) or it can be something that takes a lot of work. I fall into the "lot of work" category. 

I wasn't raised as a kid to have a confident mindset, and for that reason, even though my hairline is fixed, if I'm not consistently doing the work on myself to see my value and my worth, then my insecurities will latch onto something else entirely. Whether it's my nose or my weight or my physique or any other thing that my mind wants to fixate on, it takes effort to rewire my brain and choose to see myself differently. 

And it seems a lot of times, the idea that anyone has the ability to be confident regardless of their physical appearance gets shot down in this community... But living in LA, I know from personal experience that some of the most confident people I know are the ones that don't fit society's views of what's considered "attractive" - and all the actors and models who do fit the aesthetic definition of beauty are often the ones with the most insecurities. 

So yes - I think it's valuable to address hair loss or any other physical component that contributes to someone's insecurities, but unless we do the inner work, it typically won't last. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

44 minutes ago, pkipling said:

I'm of two minds about this... 

The short answer is that yes, my hair transplant 100% helped me in the confidence department - but only in regards to my hairline. I no longer have to carry the added weight into my day stressed out about my hairline, feeling insecure about it, etc. 

On the other hand, as someone who has dealt with chronic insecurities my entire life, I also know that insecurity about hair loss is just a symptom of something bigger - and that unless we're willing to deal with the underlying issues, the insecurities are like a moving target, and as soon as we address one thing, our minds will find something else to latch onto and feel insecure about. No matter what people will tell you, confidence is a skill and something that takes practice. Depending on one's life experiences, confidence can be something that either comes really naturally to you (no matter how much hair you have, how smart you are, how attractive you are, etc... Some people just "have it" because they were raised/taught/conditioned to have it) or it can be something that takes a lot of work. I fall into the "lot of work" category. 

I wasn't raised as a kid to have a confident mindset, and for that reason, even though my hairline is fixed, if I'm not consistently doing the work on myself to see my value and my worth, then my insecurities will latch onto something else entirely. Whether it's my nose or my weight or my physique or any other thing that my mind wants to fixate on, it takes effort to rewire my brain and choose to see myself differently. 

And it seems a lot of times, the idea that anyone has the ability to be confident regardless of their physical appearance gets shot down in this community... But living in LA, I know from personal experience that some of the most confident people I know are the ones that don't fit society's views of what's considered "attractive" - and all the actors and models who do fit the aesthetic definition of beauty are often the ones with the most insecurities. 

So yes - I think it's valuable to address hair loss or any other physical component that contributes to someone's insecurities, but unless we do the inner work, it typically won't last. 

Great post. Spoken by someone who is really well informed with mental health id assume.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 12:04 AM, Tao said:

It's funny that there are people who would say I won't mind losing hair , they trim their hair go on like that. and finally when they get to Norwood 6 category, they start to feel bad about their looks and start wearing hats and probably take antidepressants. On the other side , some will say looks don't matter for their partner,they see the nature and  character in relationship and these are the very people who reject ugly girls.

Please admit looks matter for human beings and there is no shame in that .that's how we are wired. Hair is a big feature of a face and it does matter and you know why because nothing ages you more than a bald head. And don't give examples of jasom stathom and Bruce Willis. It's money which helps them not their hair.

I know people will bash me here for this but imo what I am saying is truth to some extent atleast.no offence to anyone.

Edited by NAVI

We live in an era of transition.  From the bad to the better.  How you feel is dependent on a few things. First you. Are you generally confident? If so, less is hair of an issue and it's just right up there with any other chronic conditioning you may be experiencing.  Take for example skin conditions.  

Second is the work itself.  If it's bad, I'm sure you would care when either people stare or when they keep asking questions.  

If the work is good, it just becomes you.  

My story, as I've shared many times, is different than most.  My grandfather was bald.  Completely gone.  I wanted to be just like him.  I didn't care.  It was not until I joined the industry I became aware of it.  And I was told, how can you discuss transplants when you have no hair.  So, I am thrilled I had it done.  It's served me well.  And the work was good.