Dealing with dried blood on scalp after FUE

4 minutes ago, kdlmaj said:

Honestly my only real complaint is that they let me go home with this much blood on me.  I haven't seen a single other picture of anyone else who had giant streaks of dried blood running down their scalps from the operation, days later.  But maybe it's more common than I realize, and I just haven't run into those pics yet.

There was actually a recent topic from about a week ago with post procedure blood here

Yeah I've seen plenty of pics looking like that- and it makes sense.  But if you look at the pics in my original post- I mean I have multiple streaks of blood running down my head.  And I had them when I was sent home.  

Credit where credit is due though- the rest of the scalp area looks pretty damn good.  I think that's part of what makes the giant blood rivers stand out as much as they do

3 minutes ago, kdlmaj said:

that's part of what makes the giant blood rivers stand out as much as they do

Giant blood rivers, corn rows, trying to sneak on a plane, business tripping international man of mystery ..there's the beginnings of a book or even a movie in all this. LMAO

good luck and take care

• Haha 1

Just now, ciaus said:

Giant blood rivers, corn rows, trying to sneak on a plane, business tripping international man of mystery ..there's the beginnings of a book or even a movie in all this. LMAO

good luck and take care

hahahahahahaha

Or just another thread from an anxious newbie who has way too much time to think. 

I like yours better though haha

5 hours ago, kdlmaj said:

Good call on the aloe.  I've been doing the wash cloth for an hour or so.  It's not really have any effect yet- the alternating is a good call.  Don't think I can get my partner to go back out and get me some oil until tomorrow though- he's already been doing so much for me the last few days and is starting to be a bit over it haha.

I also did buy some conditioner- wondering how long I can reasonably get away with having that on my head before rinsing.  

Unrelated note- how do we feel about the hair transplant pattern?  Should it look that row-like?

What does your donor look like?

Diep takes shortcuts, his technique is sloppy, his donor harvesting is very questionable, and the implanted rows may look unnatural when they grow out. There's another Diep patient that posted recently who's around the 6 month mark and his "rows" are very noticeable. Try searching the forum for recent Diep patients. A patient should never be sent home with streaks of blood running down their head. However, if that happened then it should have been taken care of immediately upon returning to their office for the wash. Do your left and right sides look similar in their implanting pattern? I know he has techs do alot of the work and they work on opposite sides which sometimes leads to highly noticeable differences in the grafting. It's hard to figure out how much the techs do because you're so snowed by the amount of valium he gives you. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

23 minutes ago, ruca2 said:

There's another Diep patient that posted recently who's around the 6 month mark and his "rows" are very noticeable.

Bruh, for us other more recent MHTA patients, ignorance is bliss! Don't even hint at this or we'll go and search out those threads and trip out even more. We'll just wait for the results.

• Like 1

Personal experiences, good and bad, are great to share, some of the primary reasons we all come here,  but can't say I agree with dropping yours in this thread at this point @ruca2

Only days after there's nothing he can do but wait regardless, which is hard enough.

Maybe you already started a thread somewhere back when you had your procedure/experience, if so great -that's the better way to get that information out. And if you are offering it in somebody else's thread it should be to warn them about not getting the work done with that doctor in the first place, or after they are actually start to see the bad results coming in.

--Just my opinion/2cents

• Like 1

happy to provide donor area pics.   These are end of day 4.  The donor areas clearly weren't harvested evenly- that's obvious from the get go.  Also added a pic of where the blood stains are at right now.  Hoping tomorrow I can make at least some headway on them.

IMG_20200801_204403.jpg

IMG_20200801_204349.jpg

IMG_20200801_204343.jpg

IMG_20200801_204526.jpg

Looks like it is getting fainter. I honestly think it is correct that they left that stain there. It is unfortunate. But I think you just started bleeding in the surgical position after they had already started applying grafts. At that point, they really can't remove the stain without risk of dislodging grafts. Again, just a relative thing that you had to travel a week later, otherwise it would be a non-issue.

Keep at it with the graftcyte lather drip, sponge rinse drip, air dry process brutha. Some of those blood stains should come off before your trip. You have two more applications to do it in. But don't damage those grafts. I wouldn't let anything touch the receipent site except graftcyte lather dripped from a sponge, water squeezed from a sponge, and air. Strictly follow the Dr.'s orders. I'd say if you need to cover it, wear the surgical cap MHTA gave you with your meds. Goes nicely with the face mask you have to wear everywhere these days. And take it off soon as you are in the air. Honestly though, I don't think this will keep you from passing through the gates. They are going to be looking for people with high body temps. Not birth marks on their scalps, which is obviously what you'll have to claim.

Stay up. Will check back in on you in a few days. I feel like we are HT Surgeon Eskimo brothers already :).

Edited by jimcraig152

I used h20ocean spray immediately after my transplant. I did not use recommended saline spray by doctor. I religiously sprayed every 30-45 minutes up to the 10 day Mark. That will help loosen that crust. I also credit it to my success. Also around the  2 week mark I used that apricot scrub for your face on my scalp. Good luck!!

4 hours ago, Guy73 said:

I used h20ocean spray immediately after my transplant. I did not use recommended saline spray by doctor. I religiously sprayed every 30-45 minutes up to the 10 day Mark. That will help loosen that crust. I also credit it to my success. Also around the  2 week mark I used that apricot scrub for your face on my scalp. Good luck!!

It's funny- I just checked my doc's post-op instructions, and it says not to use saline.  But several people here have recommended it.  Anyone know why that is?

5 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Looks like it is getting fainter. I honestly think it is correct that they left that stain there. It is unfortunate. But I think you just started bleeding in the surgical position after they had already started applying grafts. At that point, they really can't remove the stain without risk of dislodging grafts. Again, just a relative thing that you had to travel a week later, otherwise it would be a non-issue.

Keep at it with the graftcyte lather drip, sponge rinse drip, air dry process brutha. Some of those blood stains should come off before your trip. You have two more applications to do it in. But don't damage those grafts. I wouldn't let anything touch the receipent site except graftcyte lather dripped from a sponge, water squeezed from a sponge, and air. Strictly follow the Dr.'s orders. I'd say if you need to cover it, wear the surgical cap MHTA gave you with your meds. Goes nicely with the face mask you have to wear everywhere these days. And take it off soon as you are in the air. Honestly though, I don't think this will keep you from passing through the gates. They are going to be looking for people with high body temps. Not birth marks on their scalps, which is obviously what you'll have to claim.

Stay up. Will check back in on you in a few days. I feel like we are HT Surgeon Eskimo brothers already :).

Sadly I'm down to one surgical cap, but it should be enough to get me by.  I actually did find a hat I can use that won't touch my grafts- gonna line it with the surgical cap just in case.

Otherwise, today is going to be spent soaking the area and just praying I can get as much off as possible.  Wish me luck!

And thanks again to everyone in the thread for the help!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdlmaj said:

It's funny- I just checked my doc's post-op instructions, and it says not to use saline.  But several people here have recommended it.  Anyone know why that is?

It’s really all about not getting infections. Saline solution they use for contacts so serves the same purpose on scalp. I believe 🤔 h2ocean uses the natural salt from the ocean to do the same thing. 
I will say the h2ocean had me almost totally healed in 7 days. I just wish I used it on my first transplant. 

16 hours ago, ciaus said:

Personal experiences, good and bad, are great to share, some of the primary reasons we all come here,  but can't say I agree with dropping yours in this thread at this point @ruca2

Only days after there's nothing he can do but wait regardless, which is hard enough.

Maybe you already started a thread somewhere back when you had your procedure/experience, if so great -that's the better way to get that information out. And if you are offering it in somebody else's thread it should be to warn them about not getting the work done with that doctor in the first place, or after they are actually start to see the bad results coming in.

--Just my opinion/2cents

@ciaus

I appreciate your opinion/2cents. I agree that my input isn't helping the original poster very much at this moment. My apologies if my response came off harsh or unempathetic. I've been around the hair transplant industry for awhile now and just feel concern about how certain clinics are treating their patients. It just hits a nerve seeing all these more recent Diep cases where there are obvious shortcuts taken that leave the patients in less than optimal condition after their procedure. I am only trying to warn other potential patients that would be reading this thread that it isn't an isolated incident and is becoming more common with this particular clinic. So, obviously there isn't much that @kdlmajcan do at this point to change what has happened. My advice is to just keep spraying the grafts with whatever solution you have (saline is fine, Konior recommends it). Eventually that blood will dissipate and the scabs will soften allowing removal. Wear the hat in the airport and just remember you're the only one who cares about your hair transplant at this point. As much as it consumes you right now, nobody in the airport, including staff, will care about it at all. Good luck

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, jimcraig152 said:

So how did the flight go @kdlmaj? Did they airport security pull you aside and execute a full cavity search on you :)?

Hopefully it was better than what this guy had to deal with. But then at least he's not looking at his head! :D

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys, 

I know we like to joke around, but let’s try and maintain this site as a professional site, where you can legitimate unbiased information.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.