dr Rahal-3225 grafts-5.5 months

i've updated my blog below with 5.5 month pics... all comments/suggestions appreciated!

two major concerns:

1. even in the best pics there are clear gaps behind the hairline in the corners, especially on the right side; pics taken in harsh lighting are particularly revealing (and unpleasant to look at);

2. i don't see any new little hairs sprouting up in these areas;

other than that, i am pleased with the direction and naturalness...

thanks for reading!

Thanks for the update, Hrvoje, and for providing such high quality pics under various lighting conditions.

Your pics really illustrate how much lighting can affect our perceptions of any given HT result. (It makes me wonder what percentage of "home run" results still would be worthy of the label if we could evaluate them under strong lights with HD video.)

Based on your photos, I can certainly understand the concern about weakness behind the hairline, especially on the right side, but surely it will continue to thicken up in those areas as the follicles mature through month 10 or so.

Good luck, and grow well.

Im in agreeance. Your results look good considering that you are only 5.5 months out. Your hair is looking very wiry and this for me indicates that your hair still has much maturation over the next few months. Im sure by the 12 month mark, all of this issues will have dissapeared along with your thinner areas!

Good luck!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

thanks guys!

hmm... having to use concealers after a ht with on AVERAGE 65 fu/cm2... hmm...

i am still hopeful though - no doubt the hairs are still wirey and not mature... so, who knows - maybe i'll turn out to be one of those slow growers who end up with a good result after all...

Sparse, i'm glad we're on the same page... sure, i could post pics in which i look like i have a full head of hair (taken either with the light source slightly behind me or far away etc) but what would be the point of that? (i'm saving such ruses for real life, hehe...! here on the forum, i'm trying to be frank and present things as they are)

hrvoje14, I applaud you for showing us good pics. It boggles my mind how many guys try to make their results look better than they actually are. Like you said, I understand trying to fool the rest of the world, but this forum is supposed to be to receive true feedback. I digress.

I think your growth looks fantastic for only 5.5 months. You have A LOT of hair where there was nothing before! I understand your concern about the gaps and quite honestly I'd have the same concern I'm sure. But, I agree with some of the other members that said it's still to early to make any conclusions. Perhaps the density in those areas will be less than other area. But, that's not to say that it still won't look great.

Best of luck man.

thanks, Megatron, appreciate your comments and best wishes...

i'll be following your case closely - similar number of grafts, slightly smaller area than mine (i think) - should be good!

as for those acne - hang in there, pal! ah, the things we do for beauty, huh? icon_smile.gif

hrvoje,

I think you will always have problems with those gaps. The gaps are because the hair behind the gaps is not as thick. The hair layers forward to cover the area in front of it.

Perhaps Rahal could have planted back a bit further, or perhaps you receded some more. There will be some improvements in coming months, and you will learn to style around the issues, but I feel you will always be wanting in that area, especially as you recede more.

What you have is a big improvement.

hrvjoe,

I think it's looking pretty good for 5.5 months. I'm almost at 8 months and I still see new hairs popping up, so you got more to come.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Like others have said I don't think your hair looks at all bad for 5.5 months, and you are likely to see further improvement over the next month or so.

IMHO, the amount of improvement that you'll see after 7 months is almost insignificant, but you never know.

The harsh lighting pics obviously show the areas that are weaker , but I am pretty sure a large % of HTs would look similar in these conditions (especially for people with straight hair).

I personally feel that it is possible to identify weak areas quite early in the growing process. In my own case I was aware of weak areas from around 10 weeks post op, and although hair did grow, it has never been as dense as the stronger parts. Like the emperor says, you can learn to work with what you have and its a lot better than having no hair at all.

thank you guys for your comments!

TheEmperor, i see what you mean about the hair behind the gaps, but while those factors may affect the APPEARANCE of the gappy problematic areas (i.e. expose or, ideally, cover up their thinness), they don't change the fact that there is just very little hair there - i'd say maybe 10-20 fu/cm2, which, if things remain as they are, would constitute very poor yield...

Hrvoje - I agree with Aaron. Today is my 5.5 months and I've seen a lot of growth, butI've no doubht that like me, you'll continue to see growth over the next few months. Hang in there, and try not to worry. I'm sure it'll continue to kick in.

And like the other's said, at 5.5 months, I think it's looking pretty good/ccvered! icon_smile.gif