Dr Levent Acar / GMH

Hi all

I’ve been following GMH on social media and they are really pushing their services- prices look very good and some of the results also seem to be good.

Dr Levent Acar is the surgen they use- I understand he has previously worked elsewhere in Turkey.

can anyone advise if Dr Levent Acar is a good choice? Can’t find too much on him.

many thanks 

Edited by Classygentleman
Spelling

Hi @Classygentleman , Dr. Levent Acar was a business partner with Dr. Cinik a few years ago, their “company”  was called Cosmedica and was in Istanbul, so Dr. Emrah Cinik went to work alone.  I can tell you that I have read and seen discussions of patients who have operated on Cosmedica and they have complained that have not even seen the doctor Acar, it is still a low-cost clinic, where most of the procedure is performed by technicians, therefore, look  carefully.  Do not trust the reviews or advertising they make on their sites or on Facebook or Instagram, but look for real reviews on the forums, the ethical ones, however in Europe there are few.

Edited by Egy
  • Like 1

Hi man,

I thought I’d chime in as I have a friend whom recently told me he went to Dr Acar for his HT last summer, his results actually surprised me as they look very good and he is happy. That said, I’m not endorsing the clinic nor would give you advice on the Dr, as he does run a “hair mill” and from what my friend told me he paid..it wasn’t cheap. So definitely do your research and don’t feel pressured into going with any one Dr or clinic based on their marketing. Good Luck.

Edited by CosmoKramer

• Administrators

I’ve seen some questionable reviews, just use our advanced search page and see for yourself.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/5/2020 at 5:50 PM, Egy said:

Hi @Classygentleman , Dr. Levent Acar was a business partner with Dr. Cinik a few years ago, their “company”  was called Cosmedica and was in Istanbul, so Dr. Emrah Cinik went to work alone.  I can tell you that I have read and seen discussions of patients who have operated on Cosmedica and they have complained that have not even seen the doctor Acar, it is still a low-cost clinic, where most of the procedure is performed by technicians, therefore, look  carefully.  Do not trust the reviews or advertising they make on their sites or on Facebook or Instagram, but look for real reviews on the forums, the ethical ones, however in Europe there are few.

Thanks. I did not know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well this is my first post here and one that i feel should be relevant here.. my first operation was with GMH last year... and now i wish i had gone to Mr Cinik after just coming back from Mr ciniks there is a big difference is how they both run..

i would really not advise to go with Cosmedica mate.. as they seem under staffed rushed cant do the anesthetic  right at all ie the technicians was very painful unlike Cinik's who were attentive to the end no pain at all and took their time

and the grafts Cosmedica  say you get i am now thinking  they dont give you that amount at all.. dont see Acaar at all... very very rushed...

• 2 weeks later...

Good examples (posts above), of why this hair restoration network website is so valuable and relevant. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.