Anybody been to Dr. Wolf ?

My ex gf's dad went to him for some FUE and there was no sign of scarring even when he shaved his head completely bald for a fund raiser. The hairline looked good, but Dr. Wolf has some photos on his website of hairlines that I would not be pleased with. I know little of his work, but if there is even one showcase patient that I am dissatisfied with, I cross that doctor off of my list. I also think that it is misleading to say that he does not promote himself on forums because he is very active on one of the other ones, rather he has chosen not to involve himself with this forum. I question why he has chosen to refuse invitations to post his work on this particular site. Although I may be connecting dots that do not exist, in my opinion there must be a reason for why a doctor would refuse such great exposure. Either he does not need it (which is very possible), or his work may pale in comparison to other doctors from this site. I wish Dr. Wolf would post his work here for review because I live only 2 hours from him and would prefer to travel a short distance for a great surgery.

TC17 i really think it all comes down to Dr. Wolf doing great work and already has enough business so why bother for all the trouble and drama these forums can sometimes cause? Think about it.

Also your "I also think that it is misleading to say that he does not promote himself on forums because he is very active on one of the other ones, rather he has chosen not to involve himself with this forum"

Really what forum is he active on? I see his ads on hairlosshelp and hairsite but he and his office are not active on these at all. Very little posts and their all from like 2004-2007.

I really think its just a case of he does great work and business is great so why knock yourself out for more? He has been doing nothing buy HT's for 19 years now!

PGP i remember Farrell's Fue by Wolf and i really wouldnt consider it bad. Farrell just had too small a session for the area he wanted covered. Even curly locks like his can't help when you dont get enough grafts.

PGP i remember Farrell's Fue by Wolf and i really wouldnt consider it bad. Farrell just had too small a session for the area he wanted covered. Even curly locks like his can't help when you dont get enough grafts.

I recall hearing the same thing. The work was just fine, he just had a very small session and wished he's gotten more grafts.

I honestly have never heard a bad word about Dr. Wolf anywhere. In fact, I might be able think of two non-coalition doctors who I'd trust to perform surgery on me, and he is one of them. If you don't like his work aesthetically, that is a different story -- and certainly your right. But he is considered to be an excellent doctor.

To comment on Vince's "He has been doing nothing buy HT's for 19 years now!"

I've never heard of Dr. Wolf and do not discredit his work. But speaking from experience, the doctor who performed my first HT also had done nothing but HTs for years. But in hindsight, his work on me was lacking -- almost like he never learned any of the more current techniques.

I recall hearing the same thing. The work was just fine, he just had a very small session and wished he's gotten more grafts.

Ceasar08 I remember this case also. He was a n/w 5A the work is just fine and he is happy with it.

Originally posted by vincehair:

Heres a link for everybody. The pics on the first page are at only 6 months,we all know FUE is slow to grow.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo..._FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

id like you all to have a look at farrels results in the link posted by 'vincehair'.... then have a look at THIS GUYS results...

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=158109192#158109192

hes more bald and does not have the curl that

farrel has.... AND this guy apparently recieved FULL COVERAGE and solid density with a only like 3800 grafts..thats not a whole lot more than farrel recieved.

i hate the inconsistancy of this industry.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Also,the other guy had STRIP done so i bet his yield was better. Who knows...

yeah, id say soicon_wink.gifcompare the two overhead after shots.. it looks like 4 times the density, and 4 times the coverage to me

Originally posted by lost my swagger:

Heres a link for everybody. The pics on the first page are at only 6 months,we all know FUE is slow to grow.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo..._FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

id like you all to have a look at farrels results in the link posted by 'vincehair'.... then have a look at THIS GUYS results...

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=158109192#158109192

hes more bald and does not have the curl that

farrel has.... AND this guy apparently recieved FULL COVERAGE and solid density with a only like 3800 grafts..thats not a whole lot more than farrel recieved.

i hate the inconsistancy of this industry ..

The only thing inconsistent are your examples .

I'd like you all to have a look at what Farrel said about his procedure---"Ok here are my 6 1/2 month pics finally. To recap I had 1,800 scalp FUE grafts placed in the front of my head, and 212 BHT from my thighs that were put in the mid scalp section."

So, now your comparing a 6 1/2 month 1,800 FUE procedure w/212 BODY HAIRS TAKEN FROM ***THIGHS*** to a 3,800 graft case that the dr said had excellent donor ? The guy you posted had OVER DOUBLE the amount of grafts placed. If you want some consistency, you could begin by using sound logic and by looking at comparable cases. If not, then I assume we can expect the same radical conspiratorial conclusions regarding an ENTIRE FIELD w/out qualifying not only the dr.'s at hand, but the type of procedure, graft total, hair caliber, or NW level.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

ron, .. first of all

i brought over this example because i think the guys result was almost unbelievable..

2 if you open your eyes instead of lookin for ever chance to talk shit youd see im not trying to compare the two cases as if they were mirror images of eachother. i noted the graft count is more. even still the coverage and appearance of density in the amazing result looks WAY MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT OF farrel... all i did was let people have a look, im not saying one way or the other

'vincehair' already pointed out that its double what farrel had, strange tho, he didnt do it like a complete ASS HOLE like you did... im tired of trying to be civil with you. your a scum bag and i swear on my mother id beat the jesus out of you if we were in the same room....i just LOVE your new signature. its so cute ron... thats right ron i LOVE how you try to be my 'lex luther' its cute.. your the anti swagger.. haha.. look at you.

ron,how bout you shut your mouth and GET IN THE CHAIR ALREADY... you know EXACTLY what to expect right?? your gonna choose one of the drs that your dumb enough to belive NEVER MESS UP right??... so do it.... your ready... your HT will go off without a hitch.. it will be TOTALLY NATURAL ron... you will have SO MANY STYLING OPTIONS TOO!!!

so ron.. what are you waiting for??stop talking and get your transplant already..perfection awaits you ron.

ps-- congrats, your constant assault on me finally put me ov er the edge, after truly trying to be civil... hope the mod takes a look at whos really been stalking who here before he suspends meicon_smile.gif

Originally posted by lost my swagger:

if you open your eyes instead of lookin for ever chance to talk shit youd see im not trying to compare the two cases as if they were mirror images of eachother... im not saying one way or the other.... thats not a whole lot more than farrel recieved... i hate the inconsistancy of this industry

You contrasted two disanalogous cases, then in typical Lost fashion, made a general conclusion about the entire ht industry. I'm merely pointing out the radical flaw in your reasoning, which retards your perception, and as a result - of this perpetual cycle of folly - invariably brings you to the same malformed conclusions .

Whenever someone questions your positions you do the following:

- modify your position.

- victimize yourself by claiming the other person is personally attacking you, rather than realize the person is attacking your position .

-then proceed to personally attack those who question you. Now you would like to have a physical altercation w/me?

This forum serves to educate people on both the benefits & risks of ht surgery; & how the risks can be greatly minimized by choosing an excellent surgeon. If I question your radical views it's only because I would hate to see anyone whose just begun their research be dissuaded from reaching a viable solution to something that deeply bothers them as a result of your fallacious reasoning .

This forum is much like a sexual education class, and rather than allow the loudest child in the class (who incidentally was violated by an untrustworthy man in a hasty youthful decision) to tout his extreme views carte blanche, I'm asking that you support your positions w/evidence. But based on your obvious inability to provide examples from excellent surgeons you deem to be poor, it's clear your allowing your decision of indiscretion to molest your judgement. I wish you didn't so you could be repaired of your alleged disfigurement; but nonetheless I don't want others to live in misery believing there are no sensible solutions. After all, I've seen men who go to excellent surgeons use the same description time and time again---

" it was the best decision I've made in my life ".

PS for your personal enlightenment:

-pointing out flawed reasoning is NEITHER personally attacking someone, nor is it " uncivil ".

-I'm almost two months post op surgery by an excellent surgeon who is recommended on this forum & am VERY happy w/my decision thus far.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

TC, do you truly think those two cases are similar? What's getting old is using every thread to make general conclusions about an entire field w/out supporting evidence IMO.

.." your a scum bag and i swear on my mother id beat the jesus out of you if we were in the same room " Lost My Swagger .

yes, yes *I* feel so out of line. icon_confused.gif

FWIW I've only seen a couple results from Dr. Wolf & can't attest to his abilities. For FUE- Feller hands down.

The one thing that has always been different about this forum is that people are usualy civil towards each other. Let's not make this look like Hairlosshelp where guys just curse at each other icon_biggrin.gif

The consistency of HTs (re: yield?) is an interesting topic and discussion and there's a lot to it. But, Swagger looks to have gone on some wicked tilt by Ron's "thunder" this time; he is like a pitbull of truth when he feels he's right, but calling him a scumbag and *personally*, *physically* threatening him won't unclench his jaws nor negate his points.

I fully understand why LMS would feel attacked, though it's ridiculous and disingenuous to *single out* Ron for creating some melee-brawl when, even when disagreeing with him, his debate-posts are built like well-oiled V8's to support and defend his positions at hand.

IMO, a lively debate is healthy; if you're going to be vicious, just be vicious in the defense of your position, vs. the pure ad hominem attacks cast at Ron.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!