27 years old, NW 6-7, considering HT

Jayant

@Jayant... Hi there.. FYI I'll be uploading my 5 month update next week 24th May

I was a NW 6/7 and had my restoration over 3 days @Eugenix Hair Science which involved 5400 scalp 1400 beard grafts 

Everything is Donor dependant especially so with 6/7 s... My Donor was average at best and I asked for AMAP while in India yet I still will have to accept that crown will most probably be requiring camouflage of some sort be it fibres or grown out hair to cover... 

Frontal hairline  approx 40 FU sq cm 

Mid section approx 30 

Crown approx 20 /25 is best one can hope for if 6/7 NW.. Using aroung 4500, 5000 scalp.. 1,500, 2000 beard 

So if you're looking at 3500 grafts the crown will I suspect be left untouched. 

Certainly not the end of the world.. 

That's my tuppence worth 

Hope it all works out for you 

Z

Edited by Zoomster
Update

5 hours ago, Zoomster said:

@Jayant... Hi there.. FYI I'll be uploading my 5 month update next week 24th May

I was a NW 6/7 and had my restoration over 3 days @Eugenix Hair Science which involved 5400 scalp 1400 beard grafts 

Everything is Donor dependant especially so with 6/7 s... My Donor was average at best and I asked for AMAP while in India yet I still will have to accept that crown will most probably be requiring camouflage of some sort be it fibres or grown out hair to cover... 

Frontal hairline  approx 40 FU sq cm 

Mid section approx 30 

Crown approx 20 /25 is best one can hope for if 6/7 NW.. Using aroung 4500, 5000 scalp.. 1,500, 2000 beard 

So if you're looking at 3500 grafts the crown will I suspect be left untouched. 

Certainly not the end of the world.. 

That's my tuppence worth 

Hope it all works out for you 

Z

Thanks Zoomster, I realise that in my case, either I will require another procedure or will require to use other methods as you suggested.

I will wait it out for a 6-8 months after my first procedure before I make any other decision. 

I will also check out your posts in your thread in the meanwhile. 

13 hours ago, Jayant said:

3500 is the max that can be safely removed from 1 procedure. I can go for another HT in 6-8 months. 

Then you are good. Most of us require more than one procedure. 

On 5/14/2020 at 2:08 AM, Gatsby said:

Hi Jayant. Firstly would you consider shaving your head? It's not something that everyone thinks about or wants to do which I understand. You might be surprised by your look and could be able to really rock it! 

I don't know the particulars with the OP, but for Indians like him it doesn't appear that buzzing/shaving the head is a common cultural practice in that country.  It would stand out, which is what people with hair loss want to avoid.

• Administrators
On 5/15/2020 at 6:32 PM, Jayant said:

I understand that I won't have a full head of hair even after HT and the Doctor told me this thing the first time. She also told me she is banking on the medication she is suggesting me for better results. 

As for hair fibers, I am sorry but have never heard of them. But will check it out

Check out this tutorial I made on applying hair fibers

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, AB2000 said:

I don't know the particulars with the OP, but for Indians like him it doesn't appear that buzzing/shaving the head is a common cultural practice in that country.  It would stand out, which is what people with hair loss want to avoid.

You are right. Where I come from, if you are a Hindu and you have a shaved head, people automatically assume that someone close to you have died. Also, baldness is not yet accepted as openly as it is in western countries.

56 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Check out this tutorial I made on applying hair fibers

Thanks Melvin, really appreciate it. I will consider it once I am maybe 4-6 months into my HT