How many grafts is this?

Hi all!

As some of you know, I had an FUT with Hattingen about 18 months ago

I am now looking at number two to add density. I was supposed to be going out there last month for the final result pics and also for the discussion about number 2 but COVID-19 put an end to that. I am 50-50 about whether to lower my hairline a bit or not. I do not take medication. How many grafts do we think are in this space here in the blue line? I don't really want to use more than 3,000 in total for number 2 so I am just working it out now. Thanks in advance.

image.png.89ee0eba362b38d036b9f976244b8aab.png

1 minute ago, hairlossPA said:

no i think 800ish per side would be it. i could be totally off tho lol

Hahah no problem - I don't know either. I am just trying to estimate if I will need more than 3000 or not. I actually wouldn't mind this either as it (hopefully) wouldn't need that many and it would make it a bit rounder meaning I could use the other grafts for density. What do you think?

image.png.3d6061eb42f034bfeda2d6f8d05aa5a5.png

2 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

All guess here but if it’s equal on both sides and roughly 30cm area transplanted at 50 grafts/cm I’d say about 1500

Nice! Thanks for this - well worked out and it means @hairlossPA was right too ;) I think 1500 is probably too many as I want density on the rest of the my head too. What do you think about this second attempt I have just posted?

2 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Nice! Thanks for this - well worked out and it means @hairlossPA was right too ;) I think 1500 is probably too many as I want density on the rest of the my head too. What do you think about this second attempt I have just posted?

Again I’m no expert and it’s all guess maybe 850-1000? But now the question is will it make enough of a cosmetic difference to make you happy?

16 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Again I’m no expert and it’s all guess maybe 850-1000? But now the question is will it make enough of a cosmetic difference to make you happy?

Thanks again! Yeah actually it probably would, although I am bad at imagining how these would look when grown out and this was an issue when I was doing consultations and the doctors were drawing the hairline. I posted the first pic above and then later I was looking at pictures of me in my early 20s and another when I was 16/17 and I would say my natural hairline, which has never been a straight line even as a child, is probably about half way between these two efforts I have done. Plus it will drop a little too when the hair grows out is longer.

Edited by TrixGlendevon

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Thanks again! Yeah actually it probably would, although I am bad at imagining how these would look when grown out and this was an issue when I was doing consultations and the doctors were drawing the hairline. I posted the first pic above and then later I was looking at pictures of me in my early 20s and another when I was 16/17 and I would say my natural hairline, which has never been a straight line even as a child, is probably about half way between these two efforts I have done. Plus it will drop a little too when the hair grows out is longer.

Your results from your thread look great. What does ur hairline exposed look like now however?

If your Hair Loss was Stable I would Say 800-1000 Grafts for a natural Receding Hairline. But Your in your mid 30s and not currently taking meds. Your Likely to lose more Hair in the years to come, I don't think its a Good Idea Imo to go through all the trouble for small touch up procedure to lower your hairline Right Now.  If/When you Lose more Native Hair in the Future you could address that issue Then, but also Lower your Hairline As well, if you Have The Grafts to do So . Spend your Grafts wisely !

59 minutes ago, Niko1 said:

If your Hair Loss was Stable I would Say 800-1000 Grafts for a natural Receding Hairline. But Your in your mid 30s and not currently taking meds. Your Likely to lose more Hair in the years to come, I don't think its a Good Idea Imo to go through all the trouble for small touch up procedure to lower your hairline Right Now.  If/When you Lose more Native Hair in the Future you could address that issue Then, but also Lower your Hairline As well, if you Have The Grafts to do So . Spend your Grafts wisely !

Hey! Thanks for the comment. If you look at my story in the link above, you'll see that all that hair in the pictures on this thread is transplanted hair and so won't be going anywhere. It is therefore perfectly stable. A couple of questions on your graft estimates: i) is that for the first picture or the second picture and ii) 800-1000 altogether or 800-1000 on each side? Thanks again!

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Hey! Thanks for the comment. If you look at my story in the link above, you'll see that all that hair in the pictures on this thread is transplanted hair and so won't be going anywhere. It is therefore perfectly stable. A couple of questions on your graft estimates: i) is that for the first picture or the second picture and ii) 800-1000 altogether or 800-1000 on each side? Thanks again!

I know your hairline hair is all Transplanted and Solid. The native hair in the mid-scalp is Not, and could Fall off, your Lateral Humps could Miniaturise, your Crown could Shrink. Its Important Imo to have some hair in the bank for Hair Loss in the Unforeseeable Future.  The first Pic shows About 25cm to cover. With 35-40 gratfts per cm you will Require, around 850-1000 grafts in total. Although its just a rough Guess, Best to get a Professional Opinion from a Physician. All the Best 

58 minutes ago, Niko1 said:

I know your hairline hair is all Transplanted and Solid. The native hair in the mid-scalp is Not, and could Fall off, your Lateral Humps could Miniaturise, your Crown could Shrink. Its Important Imo to have some hair in the bank for Hair Loss in the Unforeseeable Future.  The first Pic shows About 25cm to cover. With 35-40 gratfts per cm you will Require, around 850-1000 grafts in total. Although its just a rough Guess, Best to get a Professional Opinion from a Physician. All the Best 

Yes you are right but I think that hair will have gone by now anyway to be honest, and there wasn't that much to begin with. I can see from my dad the pattern I will have - it is exactly the same. Of course you couldn't have known that as you commented and so with the information you had, your advice is 100% correct. Yeah I of course will ask him when/if I go for an appointment with him (travel restrictions dependent) for his opinion. Thanks again

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

I think you could do the second drawn blue line with 300-400 grafts on each side totalling 800. Obviously the major difference between the 2 blue lines are where they connect at the temple which is a big area

Yeah that was approx. what I thought but I had no basis to estimate it on. Thanks!

About 750 each side for the first option and 500 for the second.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1 minute ago, 1978matt said:

About 750 each side for the first option and 500 for the second.

Thanks for your comment. 1500 is too much I think. 800-1000 might be ok if the clinic thinks they can still get a good result with the density. As the others have said, I need to discuss it with my doctors but I want to have an informed chat with them which is why I am collecting opinions now. Appreciate your comment!