Quarantine Self-Fade *Tutorial

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Melvin, great effort.  Your hair looks thick.  
donor doesn't seem to be impacted from that video.  
some of us with wreckless donor shock losses can no longer pull off fades.  i can try to give this a shot to see—need some confidence to do this lol

• Administrators

Thanks Sean my hair definitely has some weaknesses, I was going to post about it today. Try it out, remember you can always use a larger guard. Try going a #2 closed, to #3 open 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks Melvin.  Question regarding the clippers.  Theres a slider on the side that brings Blades closer.  Do i pull it up then use the attachment or leave it down?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Sean said:

Thanks Melvin.  Question regarding the clippers.  Theres a slider on the side that brings Blades closer.  Do i pull it up then use the attachment or leave it down?

So the lever on the side of the clippers is important, when the lever is pulled all the way back the guard moves up, this means the guard is open. When the lever is pulled forward the guard moves down-this means it’s closed. Ideally, you wanna start with the guard closed, and then move the like slightly up with the guard open, and then move up to a higher guard. 

For you I’d follow this: 

#1. #2 guard closed, start the line at the top of your ear. 
#2. #2 guard open, move the line up slightly.
#3. #3 guard closed, move up  slightly more.

#4. #3 guard open and this will start to blend everything. 

View my thread

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

👍Very well put together, I'll be showing this video to my wife 😁

Thank you paddy, 

Hope you're doing well in this quarantine.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Great video Melvin, you pull it off really well

ive developed an eye for donor fue scars that 99% of the normal public can’t recognize. I believe you had .9 and 1.0mm punches right? Has anyone ever noted the scarring including barbers? You ever try to buzz your whole head to see how it would look with the donor?

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Great video Melvin, you pull it off really well

ive developed an eye for donor fue scars that 99% of the normal public can’t recognize. I believe you had .9 and 1.0mm punches right? Has anyone ever noted the scarring including barbers? You ever try to buzz your whole head to see how it would look with the donor?

No one’s ever said anything to me, including barbers. I would never buzz my head again. That’s why I got the transplants, to avoid buzzing. 

• Like 1

View my thread

37 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

No one’s ever said anything to me, including barbers. I would never buzz my head again. That’s why I got the transplants, to avoid buzzing. 

I mean part of the reason to get FUE is to have the option to wear your hair short when/if needed no?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

I mean part of the reason to get FUE is to have the option to wear your hair short when/if needed no?

Short on the sides yes, but why would you bother having surgery if you plan to buzz the top? 

View my thread

• Administrators
8 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Buzz cut looks good sometimes? Its nice to have the option especially during the summer

Nah not for me, I shaved my head for a year before having surgery. Never again. I don’t see the point in having a hair transplant if you’re gonna buzz your head. Might as well just buzz it and safe your self the time and money.

View my thread

• Administrators

Looks good mate, your scarring is incredible seriously. Next time I’d start the fade slightly lower, so you have room to fade upwards. But the fade itself looks good.

View my thread

Cheers Melvin, I forgot to take a photo of the donor grown out slightly prior to show it with the hair slightly longer then usual. I’ll try and get one next time. 
Ok thanks, I’ll go in lower and maybe use a 4 guard depending how long the lockdown continues in the UK.