What are you doing during quarantine

On 23 March 2020 at 6:36 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I usually go to the gym, so staying active is proving to be tough.

I've got an Oculus Quest VR headset and it's a surprisingly useful tool for exercising. Quite a few fitness games available for it - boxing, tennis etc. Unlike the rowing machine that sits unused in the corner of my lounge, exercising in VR is a genuinely enjoyable, fun experience that I actually look forward to each day.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators
Just now, Pete-from-Farjo said:

I've got an Oculus Quest VR headset and it's a surprisingly useful tool for exercising. Quite a few fitness games available for it - boxing, tennis etc. Unlike the rowing machine that sits unused in the corner of my lounge, exercising in VR is a genuinely enjoyable, fun experience that I actually look forward to each day.

Do you need any weights? Or is it just bodyweight exercises? I only have one kettlebell, which is another reason why working out is proving to be difficult. I was making great progress at a new gym I recently joined in February, and then boom COVID-19 said "not up in here" lol

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do you need any weights? Or is it just bodyweight exercises? I only have one kettlebell, which is another reason why working out is proving to be difficult. I was making great progress at a new gym I recently joined in February, and then boom COVID-19 said "not up in here" lol

Some people use wrist weights to up the intensity a bit but to be honest the games - particularly the boxing ones are absolutely exhausting and leave me a sweating mess after a few minutes:D

My 'go to' game though is 'Beat Saber' - hitting coloured blocks with virtual lightsabers that come towards you in time with pounding music tracks. Hugely addictive, exhausting on more intense levels and just plain fun. Time flies when you're playing as well and before you know it you've done 45 mins and burnt hundreds af calories.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

At the moment, my typical day consists of

cleaning the house when I get up then quick clean of the car, then to the gym for 10 2 minute rounds on the bag followed by abs and battle ropes.

after that I have breakfast out on the decking and listen to some music

in the evening I then do weights (split my days into 5 body parts) 

then I’ll chill and watch a movie... gotta be Honest I’m not hating it😂

Edited by Aftermath

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Aftermath said:

At the moment, my typical day consists of

cleaning the house when I get up then quick clean of the car, then to the gym for 10 2 minute rounds on the bag followed by abs and battle ropes.

after that I have breakfast out on the decking and listen to some music

in the evening I then do weights (split my days into 5 body parts) 

then I’ll chill and watch a movie... gotta be Honest I’m not hating it😂

Your gym is open? I've been cleaning, cooking, the problem is I've been eating a lot more too hahaha.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

the problem is I've been eating a lot more too hahaha

I actually been doing good with the eating and lost two or three pounds so far. It's not because I'm eating less. When I'm at work everyone brings in cookies, chocolate, cake, donuts, etc. and I drink a lot of soda there too. At home I hardly have any junk food, so my junk food intake is way down. That's definitely a plus for me.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I actually been doing good with the eating and lost two or three pounds so far. It's not because I'm eating less. When I'm at work everyone brings in cookies, chocolate, cake, donuts, etc. and I drink a lot of soda there too. At home I hardly have any junk food, so my junk food intake is way down. That's definitely a plus for me.

That makes sense, at my work they would bring crap all the time too, but I would always say no cause I would go out and eat, or i'd go on a walk. Hopefully this quarantine doesn't last much longer.

View my thread