What are you doing during quarantine

• Administrators

So we’ve been quarantined, I’m usually out and about going to the gym, out to eat, etc. I’m definitely not a Netflix and do nothing type of guy. What are you guys doing to stay sane? Haha besides come on here lol

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Melvin,

I've been busy digging a moat around my house, barricading all entrances, designing and building a home made water cannon and a flame thrower.

Armoring my vehicles, the old A Team series provides many DIY lessons for this.

Teaching the wife and kids killer martial arts moves.

Watching Charlton Heston in the Omega Man, Will Smith in I am Legend, Contagion and World War Z on repeat.

Digging up the lawn and cultivating the garden with various seeds.

Apart from that, just chilling.

Joking aside, hope you guys all stay safe!!

Edited by Shera
  • Haha 3

Catching up on some much needed sleep. Going out for runs since the gyms are all closed. Studying as usual and watching TV. Hanging out with my dog. 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Shera said:

Hi Melvin,

I've been busy digging a moat around my house, barricading all entrances, designing and building a home made water cannon and a flame thrower.

Watching Charlton Heston in the Omega Man, Will Smith in I am Legend, Contagion and World War Z on repeat.

LMFAO you win the prize hahaha

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I fortunately timed my  HT perfectly (by pure dumb luck I had it on March 9).  I have a shaved head and look pretty weird right now but since I'm working at home, its the perfect time to be isolated.  Miss being out in society with friends though.  This is tough for extroverts.  But I know how fortunate and privileged I am as the suffering that is rippling through the world will be (and is right now) tragic and unbearable.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Shera said:

That's one day down. How about tomorrow? 😃

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Tao said:

I fortunately timed my  HT perfectly (by pure dumb luck I had it on March 9).  I have a shaved head and look pretty weird right now but since I'm working at home, its the perfect time to be isolated.  Miss being out in society with friends though.  This is tough for extroverts.  But I know how fortunate and privileged I am as the suffering that is rippling through the world will be (and is right now) tragic and unbearable.

Talk about perfect timing. Where’d you go?

View my thread

• Moderators

My company closed for at least two weeks and I'm getting paid for the time off. I been getting things done around the house that I been wanting to do for a long time. Did some yard work, put up a shelf in my laundry room, and cleaning out all my closets and drawers throwing out a lot of junk and trash.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

20 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Talk about perfect timing. Where’d you go?

Konior.  First FUE after two previous FUTs.  FUE was much much easier recovery (no pain and no meds whatsoever needed after surgery).  That's the good.  The bad is the need for having my head to be shaved.  When Dr. Konior did my first two FUT surgeries, the recovery and pain was longer and I had metal staples in my head for awhile.  However, they were all covered up with existing hair and after a week, no one could ever tell I ever had anything done.  Not really the case now.  But the timing is good for sure and I'm definitely not complaining.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Tao said:

Konior.  First FUE after two previous FUTs.  FUE was much much easier recovery (no pain and no meds whatsoever needed after surgery).  That's the good.  The bad is the need for having my head to be shaved.  When Dr. Konior did my first two FUT surgeries, the recovery and pain was longer and I had metal staples in my head for awhile.  However, they were all covered up with existing hair and after a week, no one could ever tell I ever had anything done.  Not really the case now.  But the timing is good for sure and I'm definitely not complaining.

Awesome man, Konior is one of the very best. Do you have a thread?

View my thread

• Administrators

Oh yea I commented on it, would love to see some pics man. You are definitely an OG member haha.

View my thread

7 hours ago, Shera said:

Hi Melvin,

Don’t forget watching Soylent Green and reading some good bedtime stories to the kids (if you have any) such as Brave New World & 1984! 🤣

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Day 6 of quarantine, and I’ve watched the entire season of 90 day fiancée. You can always count on TLC for having mind-numbing content lol

View my thread

I'm quite looking forward to it in the short term, but can imagine going stir crazy after a couple of weeks. Plenty of unwatched Netflix stuff, a bit of DIY I've no excuse to put off now, and hopefully force myself into a bit of exercise now and then. 

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

I'm quite looking forward to it in the short term, but can imagine going stir crazy after a couple of weeks. Plenty of unwatched Netflix stuff, a bit of DIY I've no excuse to put off now, and hopefully force myself into a bit of exercise now and then. 

I usually go to the gym, so staying active is proving to be tough.

View my thread

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I usually go to the gym, so staying active is proving to be tough.

Do a home workout. Pushups with varying arm spacing (arms in close to your body and then a set with arms far apart), sit ups, running in place with high leg lifts, jumping squats, etc. It's good to do something different for a while than you usually do at the gym anyway. It's something your body isn't used to and you use muscles a bit differently.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Administrators
9 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Do a home workout. Pushups with varying arm spacing (arms in close to your body and then a set with arms far apart), sit ups, running in place with high leg lifts, jumping squats, etc. It's good to do something different for a while than you usually do at the gym anyway. It's something your body isn't used to and you use muscles a bit differently.

Yea I’m trying, it’s just not as fun. But I really have too, it seems that the only thing keeping people entertained is booze lol. My local liquor store always have customers.

View my thread

I've created my own little home gym using some dumbbells and am having to really be disciplined to make myself use them. Going to the gym was so much easier, so this is an opportunity to create new habits. I'm also using the time to do a lot of things I used to put off because of "lack of time" - and given that I now have a surplus of it, I don't have anymore excuses! Making the most out of it and choosing to let this forward me. :) 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators
2 hours ago, pkipling said:

I've created my own little home gym using some dumbbells and am having to really be disciplined to make myself use them. Going to the gym was so much easier, so this is an opportunity to create new habits. I'm also using the time to do a lot of things I used to put off because of "lack of time" - and given that I now have a surplus of it, I don't have anymore excuses! Making the most out of it and choosing to let this forward me. :) 

They've closed beaches and hiking trails in LA. 

View my thread

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

I wonder whether HT surgeons will offer post-virus specials to try to make up for lost surgeries during crisis? They could build some awesome goodwill.

I think they are going to be too backed up due to a lot of postponements that they will need to fit in, but who knows really.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)