Need help!

Bigjab

Easy chaps I’m nearly 6 weeks post op and I’ve been using aloe Vera on my recipient and donor area from week one I’ve realised that my scalp have felt dry and looked in the ingredients of the aloe Vera brand I’ve bought and it contains alcohol I believe this is the culprit for drying my scalp. What I want to ask is do you think I could have done any damage? Many thanks in advance. 

• Administrators

Nah I highly doubt you did any damage, I would lay off the aloe vera and just put it on your donor from now on.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Nah I highly doubt you did any damage, I would lay off the aloe vera and just put it on your donor from now on.

Thanks for the reply Melvin I’ve ordered an organic aloe Vera with the only ingredients being Aloe barbadensis  Leaf Juice & Sodium benzoate & Potassium sorbate)

23 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Unless you roughly rubbed the aloe on your recipient area daily the first few weeks, then I might be concerned but otherwise you should be fine and as @Melvin-Moderator said, just apply it to your donor if needed.

Thank you for your reply I’ve been looking into this and I think I will be fine as minoxidil is often in a alcohol solution and Is notorious for drying out your scalp but that is recommended post hair transplant so I think I should be fine.

If you can get some good quality green tea and make a spray for your scalp with it. I’m not one that believes in odd recommended treatments but the trust me the green tea soak will get rid of the dryness and improve the condition of your scalp.

1 hour ago, Sam818 said:

If you can get some good quality green tea and make a spray for your scalp with it. I’m not one that believes in odd recommended treatments but the trust me the green tea soak will get rid of the dryness and improve the condition of your scalp.

I’ve got some green tea I will try this currently using organic jojoba oil to moisturise the scalp I’ve been in contact with my hair transplant surgeon and was told the same that it will not have damaged anything since minoxidil is always in a alcohol solution and is recommended post surgery. 

• Administrators

Great post Paddy 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.