Support by choosing a HT surgeon /Dr. Michalis Georgiou/Dr. Bruno Ferreira

electronjets

Hi there

I hope you are all fine. It would be great if you guys could help me finding a competent surgeon for my 3rd HT. Some facts about me: 40 y.o., greek living in Switzerland, undergone allready 2 HT. 1st: 2009 in Freiburg, Germany by Dr. Sobczak ( FUT: 2227 grafts), 2nd: DHI Athens, Greece (FUE: 2060 grafts, 2 days session). The past 10 years I use Minoxidil 5% 2x/d and since 1,5 month Finasteride 1mg. Till now no side effects. My main problem is the crown and the thinning hairline, where I would like to become a nice density. After a long search and arranging many live consultations, here are the main results:

Greece:

1. Dr. Ioannis Papaggelopoulos: Micro-Strip with FUE for more than 1.500 grafts                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2.Dr. Konstantinos Anastasakis: FUT and maybe with FUE for 2.200-2.500  grafts. 

Switzerland:

1. Svenson: 1500 grafts with FUE. No more grafts possible,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              2.. Gentlemens Clinic: 2000 grafts, unexperienced doctor and technitians                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    3. Dr. Domeisen: unprofessional, 80% as laryngologist and 20% as a HT-surgeon, he pressed me a lot to make immediately an appointment for the HT.                                                                                              4. Dr. von Albertini: 1800-2000 max. very expensive.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            5. Dr. Hattinger: never answered my emails, calling him doesnt work.

Portugal:

1. MediCapilar Clinic: unexperienced young surgeon, while consulting me hat to call ta young nurse to examine my hair and asked her if I am a good candidate and how many grafts could they extract. She said till 3000...I felt unsafe.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              2. cm2c: a bored woman, I suppose she was a consultant, was waiting for me at the reception she looked on my hair from distance and said 3000 grafts our doctors could transplate. To the question what are the name of the surgeon, she only said we have good ones, the consultation lasted 7 min.!!!                                                                                                                                                                                  3. Dr. Bruno Ferreira: after having all these traumatic experiences with other portuguese clinics, at his clinic I felt calm and safe. He answered all my questions, was the only one who examined me with a trichogramm and make fotos and calculated seriously exactly the surface of the crown and surface.According to him would be possible to extract ca. 2000 grafts over 2 days for the crown and after 10 months the other 800-100 grafts for the hairline ( touch-up). Well I thought actually that I would be ready in 1 day session... He said I shoudl take Finasteride for the next 6 months and after that we should make a new consultation one month before the procedure to compare the before and after hair status after taking Finasterid for 6-8 months. I had a good feeling.

Belgium:

1. Dr. Bisanga: I know everyone is enthousiastic about this surgeon and he is said to be a ,,Guru'' in the FUE field, First of all I got the wrong address from his consultant per Whatsapp , so that I got there with a big delay. The new clinic was in a labyrinth, after many calls I found it. A woman, without introducing herself I suppose a technitian, she greeted me and started telling me, that all the patients cant find the new clinic because of the wrong addresse given in the email etc. She examined my hair and was commenting bad the previous patient who just left the room. Dr. Bisanga came inside and asked me what brings me to his clinic, I said the need for a 3rd ht and his good reputation. He rolled his eyes. looked at this woman and both seemed to be annoyed, .. no idea why...He cut oof a piece of hair and said my donor area is weak. Max, 2000 grafts per FUE could he transplate. On my question if before or after the surgery Minoxidil or Finastaride would be indicated he answered,...,,, you can take something if u want'''!!! About the price, in his new clinic in Athens chepear but he would make 50% of the surgery/ supervisor and the rest from young surgeons learning. Finally I paid 50 euros for 15 min.I felt very uncomfortable during the whole consultation and he behaved sort of arrogantly...

Cyprus:

1. Dr. Michalis Georgiou (MHRC, previous medical director of HDC) .We exchanged many emails, never talked face to face, but he seems to be very sincere about the result, he suggested like Dr. Ferreira, first 2 days session and after 1 year a second one for max. 2500-3000 grafts. FUE. Very professional by answering my emails, and offered and much better price from Dr. Ferreira incl. flight tickets, accomodation, taxi airport-clinic etc. He made me feel comfortable and calm.

So guys, after all these consultations believe me I am sooo confused. I am somewhere between Dr. Bruno Ferreira and Dr. Michalis Georgiou. Any personal experiences by any of them. From both of them I could not find many fotos or videos...

I attached some pics of mine to have a better idea

Every answer is much appreciated!

20191120_195253 (1).jpg

20191120_195600.jpg

20191120_195705 (1).jpg

20191120_195841.jpg

20191120_195901.jpg

75614074_810888536012407_8637921844986380288_n.jpg

• Administrators

I like Ferreira's work, looks very clean. Out of all the names mentioned I would choose Bisanga, personally. That is concerning that you received some incorrect information, allow me to include the reps, and have them clear this up for you. @BHRClinic @Raphael84

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-ModeratorThank you for bringing me into the thread.

@electronjetsFirst and foremost, thank you for considering Dr Bisanga and BHR Clinic. The patient experience is paramount to us, which I believe years of patient reviews on this very site will support. Therefore I apologise that your experience did not offer the solutions that your were looking for.

Regarding confusion with the clinics address, the clinic did in fact move to a new location in a new area of Brussels in January, which was a few days before your consultation. The clinic document explaining the clinics address did regrettably originally have an error, which was edited immediately and all consultations and patients were advised of the correct address with sufficient time in advance of their arrival date. I can see from our correspondence that the correct document was provided approximately 10 days prior to your consultation date and travel.

On the morning of your consultation, you contacted me regarding assistance on how to arrive to the clinic, at which I provided maps and bus/train timetables to assist you. 

In correspondence the day after your consultation, I further explained regarding the clinic address and the date the correct document was sent, but from this point I did not receive any response.

I wasn't personally present at the clinic on your day of consultation, but will be sure to advise Dr Bisanga of your feelings. 

Ultimately, I genuinely wish you the very best moving forward with your choice of surgeon and your subsequent procedure. I look forward to following your journey.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi electronjets,

I am from Portugal, and the portuguese clinics that you visit (cm2c and Medicapilar) i don´t recommend you at all... I did one procedure in the cm2c and the result was very poor.

But if you are interested in portuguese clinics the only one i would recommend to you is Clinica O´Porto. The doctor is Bruno Pinto Gonçalves.

You can see is youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5yNTsOPK7Z6V_00wTjiXnA.

He is becaming one of the best hair transplante doctors in  the Iberian Peninsula and you should ask is opinion on your case, if you  are considering Portugal to do your surgery.

If you need any help send me a message.

PS: I did my second surgery with Konior...

Best regards.

• Administrators

Interesting, I’ve never heard of this doctor Bruno Pinto Gocalvez, I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for him.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Melvin-Moderator Dr. Bruno Pinto became famous in Bilbao/Spain at the well known Clinica Ercilla and after he built a name for himself he returned to hometown Porto to open his own clinic that mainly caters to Spanish patients. He basically dominates the Spanish forum with patients posting results on a regular basis. The results he is achieving are on the same level as Dr De Freitas and Lorenzo. Sadly, very few know about him in Portugal because Portuguese go to clinics that pay celebrities to endorse them like CM2C and Saude Viavel. 
On a side note; both Bruno Pinto and Bruno Ferreira are friends with Dr. Rahal and they took out to dinner when he visited Lisbon (apparently the best like to hang together).

@Pedro1982 I also live in Portugal/Lisbon and I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience with CM2C but unfortunately it’s no surprise because they are basically a Portuguese hairmill. You now seem to be well aware of one of the best in Portugal and you chose a FUE icon for your second surgery (quite an upgrade)! You should also look into Dr. BF he’s a rising star in the FUE world. The two Bruno’s are putting Portugal on the map for elite level FUE.

@electronjets your list has 3 reputed Doctors @Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Bisanga and Hattingen but I would advise you to go with Dr.BF because he is the medical assistant of Dr. Lorenzo who is one of the best FUE Doctors in the world. Dr. BF also has his own clinic in Porto (2.5€/graft).
Dr. Bruno Pinto is very good but he is booked until 2021 with only a few dates available in 2021 plus he is more expensive 3.5€/graft.
Also, I find it strange how you think Dr. Michalis Georgiou can be compared to Dr. BF because Dr. BF is in a whole different league and some people in this forum have actually said he could be the next Konior (you are kinda like asking us to compare a VW with a Mercedes).

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

Hi Portugal25 , thx for answering. I just considered Dr. M. Georgiou, after seeing many results from him and reading good reviews about his work. Besides he offers the whole package, incl. accomodation, flight tickets to Cyprus etc. Dr. Ferreira, I dont know why, but I did not see many results from him, neither on his homepage nor on youtube.

@electronjets Dr. Bruno Ferreira removed some amazing results he posted here and I suspect it’s because he works in Madrid at Injerto Capilar which is Dr. Lorenzo’s clinic so he might not be able to promote himself.  
You can ask @Melvin-Moderator for his opinion on Dr. BF as I’m sure he will also tell you to go for Dr. BF instead of your Cyprus doctor. 

• Administrators

Dr. Ferreira seems like a genuine doctor, and the work looks very good. I can’t speak on the surgeon in Cyprus, the only surgeon in Cyprus I know is Maras, and he’s also very good. 

View my thread