1292 grafts dense pack Dr. Kaan Pekiner 8-9/1/2020

DazzlerD

Hi, 

Research
I have used this forum as research over the past year before making my decision on a doctor for a transplant. After much research I narrowed it down to two being Dr. Kaan Pekiner and HLC clinic. The factors on deciding on were previous results, the doctor doing the extractions and implantations, price and I believed that small sessions would reap better results compared to clinics doing long days with a lot of grafts. I spoke with both of the above by filling out the consultation online, Dr.Kaan assistant Alex was very helpful through WhatsApp post to the consultation, with any questions I wasn't sure about and I made my final decision from there. I am happy to share my experience for people who may now be in my position. 

Background
Norwood: 2
Medications: finasteride 5mg divided into 4 daily, Nizoral twice a week, Started biotin since HT. 

I have temple recession and was looking to get that filled via dense packing, also have very slight thinning on the crown but I don't think that requires attention just yet. 

Arrival
I was met at the airport by a driver and taken to the hotel in partnership with the clinic, this was v late a night and the clinic and its driver were very accommodating after a time change that was out of my control. The hotel itself was nice and comfortable and was less then a 5 minute walk from the clinic, it was clean and provided a free breakfast each day which I was happy with. I had some issues with my bloods which was my fault and Dr. Pekiners clinic manager Saide was very helpful throughout and especially with this first thing the next morning.

The Surgery
I met with Dr. Pekiner in the morning on the 8th, he was a gentlemen and discussed any questions and we spoke about the general outline of the hairline, after this I was brought in to get the head shaved and he drew a hairline which we discussed and made minor changes if any as he makes his design then discusses at length, which was very much appreciated as you can tell he is very skilled in what he does.
After this the operation started, it lasted a full day with the second day I came back only for a small amount which was implanted as reviewed the next morning, working out to roughly in and around 500 grafts each session on the first day being implanted via the stick and place technique. Besides the local anesthesia injections the whole thing was pretty painless.
Dr Pekiner performed the extractions, incisions and implantations which is exactly what I was looking for with the transplantation. Lunch and tea was also provided during surgery days at breaks by his lovely staff which provided great hospitality and made the experience a lot more comfortable. 

Thoughts
Ultimately I feel confident and happy with my decision to go with Dr Pekiner. I'm pleased with the hairline design and the grafts seem well placed. He took a lot of pride in his work and came across real genuine and great guy. 

Below are some pre and post op pictures provided by the clinic, I'll put a few more pictures up then move to monthly updates. Any questions feel free to post! Cheers.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

• Like 1

Work looks really good and clean. Good luck and happy growing 

@DazzlerD it looks like really clean work as one would expect from Dr. Pekiner. Wish you all the best and will be following your posts. 

@LonelyGraft I got a discount and in returned I authorized them to use my blurred pictures on any social media and their website (Corrected this statement after clarification by the patient advisor).

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

• Administrators

@Portugal25 

We have had issues with surgeons in the past, flooding our forum with patients who are essentially paid to post on the forum. We find this type of behavior unethical. We welcome every patient to share their genuine review, but this is not acceptable. You have been a long-standing member, and I feel you are legitimate, but I found it very odd, that after a negative review was posted on the forum, a dozen patients came to post their reviews. I would have no problem with this, had the patients came on their own accord, but this is highly unethical. I will need to speak to our webmaster and possibly filter any Dr. Pekiner thread, until I'm assured that there are no financial incentives for posting. I'm also locking this thread until further notice.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

We’ve spoken to the clinic and they have agreed to accept our terms. We expect all of our reviews from this point forward to be without financial incentives. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This whole thing sounds strange to me. On one hand, I dont see anything so wrong with paying a patient to post - as long as the patient completely honest and transparent, showing the results exactly as they are. And on the other hand why would the doctor pay the patient without even waiting for the results? he must be very confident in his work to expect great results from every client, since I guess he wouldnt be glad to pay for review that ends up bad (which can happen to any doctor).

This was not to criticize or support any side here , just to express my thoughts.

Edited by karatekid
  • Like 3

@karatekid that’s exactly what I tought!
He must be very confident he will get a great result if he is giving a discount to have permission to use my pictures. 
I was approached by the clinic representative to clarify that what I agree to was to allow them to use my HT pictures including updates.
I tough they were asking me to post (without obligation just as a favor) but in fact they just wanted authorization to use my pictures on their website, the Italian forum and any other social media. 
Lets see if I do send them anything because I signed no contract so they might end up having to do a print screen of my updated pictures from HRN. All kidding aside, I have the upmost respect for Dr. Pekiner and will be sending his patient rep the same pictures I post here.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@karatekid that’s exactly what I tought!
He must be very confident he will get  great result if he is giving a discount to be able ton post my pictures. 
I was approached by the clinic representative to clarify that what I agree to was to allow them to use my HT pictures including updates.
I tough they were asking me to post (without obligation just as a favor) but in fact they just want authorization to use my pictures on their website and the Italian forum. 
Lets see if I do send them anything because I signed no contract so they might end up having to copy paste my updated pictures from HRN lol

Ok I guess this is completely fine since there is a clinic-posted-results section in every forum

55 minutes ago, karatekid said:

Ok I guess this is completely fine since there is a clinic-posted-results section in every forum

Given that I believe that Doctor Pekiner is one of the best and most ethical hair surgeons in Turkey, but know that in the Italian forum even if there was a patient who was not happy (it can happen), his thread you would never have seen.  "A good connoisseur a few words".

• Like 1

• 1 year later...