hello from Ankara!

duchaine

Hey guys, I'm finally here in Ankara.
on Monday I should get my HT with Kaan Pekiner. 
Pekiner suggested 2500 grafts. After studying all the papers I could find on hairline design and after looking thousands of before and after pic, IMHO I should get 2000/2200 max.
I do not want an aggressive hairline reconstruction and I want to save some hair follicles for the future.
I do not if I'll shave my head or not...considering long hair FUE is more expensive, it depends on how many follicles the doctor will transplant.
I will update.
For the record...turkish are very kind but they do not speak English at all!!!
Even in the hotel, they do not speak English so it is hard asking for a coffee or a towel! Thanks god I'm Italian so I use my hands to talk...and I can communicate!
Ankara is not the perfect place for a vacation but I love the very big city and if you are like me, it is worth spending a couple of days here!

• Like 1

Duchaine I highly recommend shaving your head as it will facilitate Dr. Kaan’s work and remember he is doing the whole procedure himself so you want him to make it as easy as possible for him if you want the best result possible. 

I tend to disagree.  I would encourage you NOT to shave. If need be they can do this at the clinic.  You typically want to go there with hair so the doctor can see the angle and direction of the native hair. If there is nothing to guide him you may end up with an unnatural result.

• Like 1

Yes ofcourse. You are only shaved at the clinic. Don’t shave before going to the clinic.

I maintain my advise of letting Dr. Kaan shave your head to facilitate the surgery and assure the best possible results.

Edited by Portugal25

• 1 month later...