EMAN's 6-Month Update: The Vaunted 6-Month Mark!!

Eman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EMAN's Update: The Vaunted 6-Month Mark!!

I have made it to the 6-month mark and I could not be any happier with my 'new' hair! I say new because it is not really new, just moved to a better location!!! This stage of the journey truly makes the anxiety about having a HT and the doldrums totally worth it. I know it is definitely a lot easier said than experiencing those emotions and stages.

With a norwood level as high as mine was (NW4+), the 'illusion' of density or a full head of hair is what we with high degrees of hairloss have to accept in terms of results when having a HT. But I am beginning to change my thinking about that statement, as I truly feel like I have a full head of hair at this point. For the most part, it is not see through when wet or dry, but can be in certain lighting as can be seen in the pics. When the wind blows I do not worry about it as it looks natural. I don't have to comb it creatively, play with it to make it look a certain way, or do any camouflaging. My hair and hairline looks natural and no one would ever suspect that this was a HT; again unless you knew me as a NW4 (I have yet to be asked 'have you had any work done'?) and now see me with all this hair.

Changes to date include more growth and more thickness, two things I have been wanting since the hair started to grow. Looking at old pictures of myself really makes me look at my head in amazement. I cannot believe how far I have come and I still look forward to more density as I am still at an early stage. The right side is denser than the left at this point??”again, this can be seen in the pics. The temple points are lagging a bit and a darker color (not sure why??), so time will tell. The scar is a non-issue with my hair this long and I wanted to take a pic for you of the scar, but my girlfriend annoyingly said she could barely find it and it wouldn't show in pictures anyway.

I know I will need to see a hairstylist for the first time in forever (go ahead and make fun of my hairstyle or lack of!?). I will have to learn about the multitude of hair products out there and how to use them in the coming months. The new hair is still a little wiry and unmanageable, but that doesn't bother me in the least!

Friends still cannot believe my hair and those that haven't see me for a while say my hair has thickened since they last saw me??”people have definitely noticed. A girl who works the front desk of my gym said she really likes my hair longer and that I shouldn't shave it down anymore (not that I had anything to shave down on top before!?!).

I like it when people look at the top of my head now??¦I take it as a compliment. I still cannot believe that I have hair again!!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I am still in complete amazement of your before and after photos. Dr. Rahal really fixed you up right. For a person who has given significant contributions to this forum, you are certainly well deserving. Congrats. I will be excited to see your month by month improvments. Clint

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I actually look forward to each new month not only to see my own results but also to be able to share them with everyone here. I really feel a sense of community here and love being able to share with all of you.

Thanks Spex for posting the comparison!!

Abe- the redness/pinkness takes a lot of time. I went in with a solid tan hoping that would help a bit and it did, but the pinkness lingered. It will dissipate in time for you.

My initial HT thread:

excellent stuff eman...so happy for you....have u tried styling your hair in other ways at this point or do you think that this is the only style ie. slight part from left to right gives you the best full head illusion?

and also if you have, do you know what your hair count was?

thanks

az!

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Amen brotha. Hair getting better by the month as expected.

Thanks for your blog as well, I must of looked through and read it about 7 times so far. You have more growth, thickening and softening of the hair to come yet!

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Eman things definitely have come a long way. Congrats! I like hearing the comments from your friends and people at the gym. icon_smile.gif

Quick question. I saw in the comparison pics your hair seemed much lighter before the HT. Was it colored? Is it just the lighting?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

azza- this is how my hair naturally falls at this point. When shampooing I can slick it back, but once out of the shower it wants to go forward (unmanageable statement I made). I would like to do some fun stuff with it, spike it, slick it back, or simply something different at some point. I will definitely try it and will let you all know if I am able to...I don't see why I shouldn't be able to. In terms of hair count, I have a message into Dr. Rahal's office to get those numbers (I am surprised at myself for not getting those earlier!?)

Petch- I do the exact same thing with a lot of you guys. I go over their write-ups and pictures again and again...it is actually kind of fun!

Want- I love the comments too, especially from ladies that notice and say something! Regarding the color question: in the spring when I go on vacation (somewhere tropical since we suffer such awful winters here in Chicago) and then continuing through the summer, I am outside in the sunshine every weekend and it lightens my hair. I do not put anything in my hair to lighten it in the sun and have never colored it--like you, I have always babied my hair! People don't typically believe it, but since I was a kid my hair has always gotten extremely light in the summer time. When I was in college and landscaped during the summers my hair was almost white it was so blonde. This summer when I post pics you will see the change in color, that is if I get outside as much.

My initial HT thread:

LOL Eman seeing your changes made me jealous and I just went outside in the bright sunlight of my back yard to take my own pictures.

I'm really happy for you. You can see how well liked you are on this board so you have a lot of people rooting for you. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

e-man -- Congrats Buddy!!! Looking awesome!

I am truly jealous of that amazing hairline!

Could you do something for some more pics? I wonder what it would look like if you did the front up? Just curious because that hairline is so good and I think putting the front up with some wax would look awesome.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy - the pics look amazing. You are the man Eman! After all the help and guidance you've given others, you deserve what you have: a stellar result.

It's so encouraging to see what awaits me in six months - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I grow as well as you.

Anyone straight up asked you if you've had a transplant yet?

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Want- thanks for all your support and answering my questions and concerns pre and post op, I appreciate it!! Lets see those pics...

Space- I will try that in the next couple of days...the hair still has a mind of its own, but I will try to force it up so everyone can truly see the hairline.

Acrobaz- I am following your results too and look forward to your six month update! No one has straight out asked yet. I really want someone to ask, as I would tell them the truth.

Ez- thanks and look forward to your update soon.

My initial HT thread:

Hey Eman, I've been following your blog for quite a while now and I must say that waiting for each update is like waiting for the next episode of Prison Break to come on TV. A real cliff-hanger where you can't wait to see what happens next! icon_biggrin.gif

Your results really look awesome, just wait till 8+ months!

I'll be in Dr. Rahal's hotseat in May and if your HT experience/journey is anything to go by, then I'm far from nervous about the procedure. I'm actually more excited after seeing these 'glimpses' of how the end results will pay off, as yours obviously have. Can't wait till next month's episode!

Simply an amazing transformation! I'm thrilled for you man! I hit my 12 week mark tomorrow so when I got my HT done you were where I am now. If I get results like that in the next three months I'm gonna flip for joy! I'm really impressed with your hairline. Enjoy!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Eman,

Im clearly in the long hard waiting times!

Your pictures are giving me great hope brother! Im very happy for you, the progress has been fantastic over the last 2 months!

Its going to be a nice summer! Have you retired the hats?

Cheers

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog