Will Dental Xrays Worsen Hairloss???

8 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

8 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

There is difference between safe, and standard. 

-I've never said it is standard.

-For RCT  (root canal treatment) we do like 2-4 depending on technique,you didn't even tell what type of treatment you are undergoing. I questioned that and all you said "it is the standard everywhere you go". 

-From your answers it was clear you are from US and you guys are known for doing extensive tests over clinical experience. No offense to any american doctor/dentist in this forum.

-You never even answered what type of X-Rays they are. 

-You have said you worry about your hair, You didn't give any medical history. Your question is about your hair, that is what I have answered. Don't bring new health issues to the argument and be mad that you didn't get the answer you like. 

-And yes, even then there is no evidence that support your claim  of being unsafe. Even for unhealthy. Pregnant women being exception.

-"theres a difference between standard and safe" So you suggest standard is NOT safe.. smh.

-"For RCT (root canal treatment) we do like 2-4... I questioned that and all you said "it is the standard everywhere you go." Uhh if youre a real dentist you should know 16-18 xrays is standard set. What are you talking about

-"Your question is about your hair, Don't bring new health issues to the argument ." .. So you now introduce a new rule that says asking 1 question bars additional questions. Xrays may/ may not harm your hair. But we cannot ask if it harms anything else cuz you say so. No offense but you sound ridiculously ignorant.

-"there is no evidence that support your claim of being unsafe. Even for unhealthy. Pregnant women being exception." Uhh then why are cancer patients EXCLUDED from dental xrays if theyre safe? Why are pregnant women excluded again? Crickets.

Youre no dentist and you proved it. But i guess trolls get their dentistry degrees online nowadays. Have a nice day!

Edited by goodwally

On 12/20/2019 at 3:52 PM, gillenator said:

A biopsy was done and into surgery I went where they removed my entire right lung.  It was stage 4 lung cancer.

And for guys over 40, it's critical to have your prostrate and colon checked on a routine basis.

So true. My aunt had colonoscopy done 5 years ago,. Found cancer everywhere. Docs told her few more months wouldve been too late.

Thank god youre doing better. Keep up the good work here, love reading your posts.

10 hours ago, goodwally said:

Hahaha 

Yeah, I am not a dentist, and the doctors in the quote I brought aren't a dentist, and your dentist who tells you it is safe isn't a dentist. And everyone who doesn't validate your concern isn't a dentist.

I mean, hey. Let's assume I am a troll and not a dentist as you claim (I can confirm my degrees to melvin btw), but what about your dentist? And the names I brought? Some of those are known worldwide in the field. 

Read the quote I brought, google the names of those Dentist and try for once to understand what they are saying.

I mean if you think standard is safe, why did you even make this thread? if 18 is standard then it is safe by your logic? And just for the record, I didn't say standard isn't safe but again you fail to understand that. 

Do the math, you get exposed to radiation on daily basis equal to 1 periapical X-ray  mate. 

And everyone in this forum told you they have never heard of 16-18 X-Ray being  standard,  even those in USA. And it is the country that is well known for overdoing tests.

Thing being safe doesn't warrant its overuse. As health practitioner you always prefer to be conservative as much as you can. If you can 5 instead on 10 you do that.

"you now introduce a new rule that says asking 1 question bars additional questions"

No, it means if you didn't ask a question don't complain about not getting an answer. It means if you don't say your health issue don't complain that I didn't take them into account. It means you need to ask the right question to get the right answer. I am not a Nostradamus to know your health issue if you don't tell them in advance. You call me crazy for not taking into your account a health issue you didn't say? By what logic is that?

There is no suggestive evidence of  hair loss due to dental X-Rays. You are making a claim without evidence. 

There is neither a suggestive evidence of its effect on nerves. There is a weak -albeit significant- correlation of it in cases of overuse (like if you are doing your 18 x-rays on annual/biannual basis for long time) with some oral cancers like salivary gland cancer. If you are smoking, drinking, having HPV or eat spicy foods you will have more important factors to worry than this repeated xrays. 

In general X-Ray are avoidable in any dose with woman as precautionary, there are 100 of other things that we take exception to pregnant women and we deem it safe 

But you won't even try to even process this information , so do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

This is my last post in this thread, I came here with good intentions but you don't want to listen and obviously my advice isn't welcome.

The one last thing I would say, and I would say it as an honest advice: There is an actual strong evidence of correlation between Psychological factors and oral cancer/ cancer in general (this was actually my master thesis, done in prestigious UK university) among infinite number of health issues. You are obviously dealing with some stress/anxiety that I hope you will try to tackle, I know it is easier said than done.

So at the end I can only wish you luck with your teeth and hair 

Edited by harry_potter1
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Guys, 

Lets keep personal attacks off this thread. I’ve never heard of dental x-rays causing hair loss. But if you believe that, just don’t get x-rays problem solved.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

11 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

Yeah, I am not a dentist, and the doctors in the quote I brought aren't a dentist, and your dentist who tells you it is safe isn't a dentist. And everyone who doesn't validate your concern isn't a dentist.

I mean if you think standard is safe, why did you even make this thread? if 18 is standard then it is safe by your logic? And just for the record, I didn't say standard isn't safe but again you fail to understand that. 

Do the math, you get exposed to radiation on daily basis equal to 1 periapical X-ray  mate. 

And everyone in this forum told you they have never heard of 16-18 X-Ray being  standard,  even those in USA. And it is the country that is well known for overdoing tests.

Thing being safe doesn't warrant its overuse. As health practitioner you always prefer to be conservative as much as you can. If you can 5 instead on 10 you do that.

The one last thing I would say, and I would say it as an honest advice: There is an actual strong evidence of correlation between Psychological factors and oral cancer/ cancer in general (this was actually my master thesis, done in prestigious UK university) among infinite number of health issues. You are obviously dealing with some stress/anxiety that I hope you will try to tackle, I know it is easier said than done.

-"As a dentist myself" then you said "Yeah, I am not a dentist"... Smdh. Yeah you got your degree in trollology.

-"I didn't say standard isn't safe but again you fail to understand that." This is what YOU said: "theres a difference between standard and safe." In the dark on top of denial.. smh.

-"you get exposed to radiation on daily basis." Youre clueless. Never heard of people getting brain cancer from the sun. But theyve gotten them from dental xrays as the link states.

-"And everyone in this forum told you they have never heard of 16-18 X-Ray being standard." No they said it was unusual. Denial of the troll. And heres proof of that many xrays in 1 session: "A full mouth series of 18-20 radiographs (all the teeth) using “D” speed film is equal to about 85 µSv. “D” speed film, long considered the gold standard in dental imaging." Keyword "STANDARD"... Duhhh.    Link: https://www.deardoctor.com/inside-the-magazine/issue-8/x-ray-frequency-and-safety/

-"As health practitioner you always prefer to be conservative." But you admit youre no dentist especially denying 18-20 dental xrays isnt standard which the link above proves you wrong.

-"There is an actual strong evidence of correlation between Psychological factors and oral cancer/ cancer in general.." Theres also strong evidence of psychotic factors and troll behavior resulting in delusions of proclaiming online to be a medical professional like a dentist. Ring a bell?

You lost this one dude. Dont keep embarrassing yourself, dentist of the internet. Good luck.

Edited by goodwally

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys, 

Lets keep personal attacks off this thread. I’ve never heard of dental x-rays causing hair loss. But if you believe that, just don’t get x-rays problem solved.

I could not agree more Melvin!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 11 months later...

The radiation produced during inta-oral radiographs is negligible, you get more radiation from a couple of days on earth (background radiation) and certainly more from a long haul flight. 

Extra oral radiographs, for example an OPT can be more and aren’t done as standard radiographs very often these days, even so the amount of radiation is still pretty small.

As far as aiming radiation towards your brain, dental radiographs would generally not do this. The ones to check for decay (bite wings) don’t and neither do periapicals which are commonly used for root canals. OPT’s to a certain extent may, most of which would be scatter radiation. 

also worth noting is how x rays generally work, much like light rays they travel in a straight line, which is how they tend to produce a crisp image on the films/sensors, so when aimed towards the mouth almost all the rays will go through the structures of the jaws. Some will scatter... essentially bounce off structures, but this is pretty minimal and certainly will not produce hair loss of which I can 100% assure you.

I have the same problem. I recently went to the dentist. He prescribed me some medicine to relieve my pain of teeth. you Can't imagine how much pain I had after the operation. I said I wasn't going to him anymore. But still now I have to sign up for another one operation . Some  friends recommended me to go at  Dr. Jeffrey's, people go away with a toothache and come out of it toothless: D.
We must try to respect daily dental hygiene and we will have healthy teeth.
At the same time, they make a mandatory x-ray to see what the situation of the teeth is.

dentistry in Eastlake OH

Edited by RAPA

I just had approximately a dozen x-rays done on my teeth...all uppers and lowers...no hair loss from it...WHEW!...😁

Edited by gillenator
  • Haha 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY