FUE Procedure with Dr Rahal - Ottawa

I had an FUE procedure done in 2018. I did 2000 grafts which resulted in 4000 hairs to the recipient area. I also did PRP injections at the recommended intervals. I did three consultations with Dr. Rahal and took over three years to finally decide to go ahead with the procedure. I am a very thoughtful and prudent person, I did tons of research, watched countless YouTube clips and read everything I could. My procedure was eight months ago now, I wanted to wait until I had most of my expected results to leave a review. 

So the truth is the procedure is fairly easy and very minimal pain. I stayed at the Rahal clinic and the staff were amazing, very reassuring and knowledgeable. After the procedure you do look very strange for a little while. Half my head was shaved and the recipient area was also extremely noticeable. I followed the instructions for recovery exactly and had minimal swelling and no issues at all. Best thing to get for recovery is a lazyboy chair that reclines, trust me, worth every penny for those first few weeks. 

For my results the most important thing for me was that it looked natural.. . . The results, take a while to see and your impatience can get the better of you. I was constantly worried it wasn’t growing in quick enough, thick enough, or how I wanted it. You have to trust in the process and be patient, which was tough for me. My results now are beyond my expectations. The hairline is exactly what I wanted and Dr. Rahal and his team are masters and artists. It looks so natural and thick and no one could ever tell that I had anything done. When I was doing my consultations, Dr Rahal’s team told me that most patients said after the procedure that they wished they had done it sooner. I thought this was something they just said to sell me on the procedure. I can tell you now, I should have done this years ago. I can’t stop looking at myself in the mirror, I never want to wear hats, I love my hair line and the results. Seriously, thank you Dr Rahal, the results are so spectacular! Some family members that were hesitant for me to get the procedure done and worried about the aftermath, have all now said how awesome it looks and what a great job Dr Rahal did. 

If you are thinking about a hair transplant and Dr Rahal, I can’t say enough about his clinic. It’s a big decision to make and a huge commitment, mine took me three years to finally do it. However, once you do and follow his instructions, you will be very glad you did! Just take the first step and do it!

1D7F066E-4065-451B-9BFF-2791639A1300.jpeg

66A69258-1BE7-46CA-8AD9-330494B0E02E.jpeg

0FC0E3EC-5CDA-4866-9C70-A094AAC12BA7.jpeg

ECC8751B-1EDD-441B-9520-CDDF283ADB4D.jpeg

235BBB67-5757-493F-A2B9-AB81ACF08D0B.jpeg

Congratulations!

Thats pretty special for 2000 grafts. It appears to be very nice work!

How old are you?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Looks great after, but why are the pics pre op wet and post op dry, seems an unfair comparison. Do you have pre op pics with dry hair styled as the post op pics were? Would give a better idea of the difference  

2 hours ago, Thomas James said:

I’m in my late 30’s and on no medications currently. I am still doing PRP treatments and that’s it. Here are some other pre-op pictures. 

BDD8C5FC-5DB0-4528-ACAB-8F31E0E02485.jpeg

A5DADA95-E8F5-4008-8F10-D7ED393A2FF6.jpeg

Again there are clips in making it look worse, let’s have a pic with it styled pre op to get a fair comparison as the post op pic is. Wet hair and hair with clips in to expose weaknesses isn’t a fair comparison imo. Not saying you don’t look fantastic now because you do, I just think the difference between pre and post op is exaggerated with pre op pics that are wet and/or clips. 

Its entirely possible if the pre op was styled and the post op pics wet for it to look better pre op when it’s presented in this way. You look like you had a great head of hair pre op and I bet it looked good styled

Nice to see good results still coming from Rahal. Just went to him a couple months ago for a 4300 graft procedure. Still much too early to tell of any growth, but this leaves me hopeful. 

1 hour ago, Thomas James said:

Here is a pic pre op without clips and with dry hair styled the way I used too. This is the best I have for comparison purposes. 

27EA0770-9D2A-43E8-B323-5F9D2BA17F7D.jpeg

Thanks, you have great hair anyway mate, even before the op. Looking awesome now though congrats 

• Administrators

Wow unreal results man congrats 🙌🏼

Please consider creating a patient website blog. It’s a great researching tool for others and it gets linked to your surgeon. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.