Thoughts On PRP

With time, it is proving to be more and more effective and famous therapy. 

one must get PRP especially after HT procedure in order to boost their results. 

I have seen a youtubers timeline from 3 month to 4 month, amazing improvement and he said its due to PRP session he took after 3 months and at 4 month it changed everything for him 

• Like 1

I went in for my first PRP session with ACell last Friday. While the process itself wasn’t too bad, about 48 hours post treatment I developed an light itchy rash on my scalp.

2 days after that the rash spread to my hands and feet. I am now covered in a blistering itchy rash from my nape to my arms and legs. Just started a course of prednisone. It’s possible this is entirely coincidental, but the doc who administered the injections says he’s seen one case of allergic reaction to the ACell that accompanies the PRP.

I’ll keep you posted. Anyone else ever heard of this?

On 7/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, vinzaf19 said:

Has your rash cleared up? That doesn’t sound comfortable at all! What else did the Doctor who did your PRP say? Hope you’re feeling better!

It’s gotten better, but still pretty raw and itchy. Lots of Benadryl and prednisone to date. I started my first course on Friday. I go back to see the doc on Thursday so hopefully I’ll get some more answers. A quick pic of my feet, which seem to be the worst of it. The injection sites are just slightly red and not too noticeable now. Just a feeling of a sunburn on the scalp. The rest is super itchy.

AB769E13-0D07-4122-A1CE-31A17F7E87D4.jpeg

To OP: if you have diffuse thinning it might be worth trying. I've seen some people reporting shock loss but I honestly have no idea how that would be happening unless they had an allergic reaction as above. The procedure itself is very non invasive and any trauma is pretty superficial. I actually noticed a big decrease in shedding almost immediately, and if you are having the work done by a reputable clinic I wouldn't consider shock loss a factor at all. I would find a clinic with PRP results you like and consult with the doc to see if they think it's a good option for you. My results were pretty darn good but there are many variables at work.

To me prp is one of those treatments that is up in the air (I may be totally wrong on this). There’s so many factors that differ in the way it’s offered by these providers. There’s various centrifuge machines that are debated to be better than the other. Small details like that make me wonder how it is all controlled

what I do know from listening to Spencer kobren is that dr Greco in Florida is the guy who pioneered prp for hair loss. He offers it himself and it’s a bit pricey. And of course you’d have to fly out to Florida to see him. Research dr Greco and go from there. Maybe his office can point you to a provider near you (just a thought).

personally I’d try more mainstream treatments like finasteride (if tolerable) and minoxidil. Some people are seeing decent results from combining minoxidil with derma rolling as an Indian study was released a few years back showing benefit.

also, prp is one of those treatments where you need to get it done every so often from what I understand.

Just finished my follow up regarding the rash post PRP. Nothing definitive can be determined, but he’s seen one reaction in the last 4 years. However the rash was limited to the scalp and lasted about a month. He’s going to follow up with the manufacturer as well as the rep for the anticoagulant used in the process. Again it’s quite possible my reaction was coincidental. I’ll let you know when I hear more.

The ACell definitely increases the efficacy of the PRP, however PRP without it is still effective. He continued treatments on the previous patient and saw results, just not as pronounced. Each person is going to respond differently.

• 1 month later...

Dr Greco is probably the best authority and expert on having refined PRP as a stand alone treatment. He has clinically perfected it himself over many years.  I consulted with him this week. He says ACELL is not proven to help post operative only during surgery. He has advanced growth factor offerings with percentage increases you can opt for. 

Edited by Hairspert
  • Like 2