hair4tomo

Chance of losing existing hair for transplant in that region

Say if I went with an average or below average hair transplant surgeon using the FUE technique, and I had hair from the back of my head transplanted to my thinning temples. Now, I already have existing hair around my temples, but it's quite thin, so I'd like some more hair there. What are the chances that transplanting hair to that region will damage the EXISTING hairs that were already there?

I'm thinking of going for a somewhat cheaper surgeon, but I'm worried I'll lose existing hair in my temples. Is there any chance of that? Or is the 'danger' simply only that a good percentage of the newly transplanted hairs may not themselves succeed.

Of course there’s a chance that your existing thinning hair will suffer shock loss temporary or permanent and probably even more so if going the cheap route. They won’t have your best interest in mind just your $ and next!.

You probably should skip surgery. For real. 

Natural loss is 1000 times better than a bad transplant. If you are thinking your surgeon is below average, you should hit the brakes. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for your feedback both. What are the odds (as a percentage) for permanently losing significant (noticeable) existing thinning hair under an 'average' surgeon, versus a top 20% surgeon versus a top 5% surgeon?

Edited by hair4tomo

16 hours ago, Spanker said:

You probably should skip surgery. For real. 

Natural loss is 1000 times better than a bad transplant. If you are thinking your surgeon is below average, you should hit the brakes. 

I agree 100% Spanker.  HAIR4TOMO if your asking questions about average surgeons and 20% this and 5% that, just to suit your pocket its definitely time to hit the brakes .......

AND FAST.....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ABS.   

...YOUR IN FOR A BIG CRASH...

...............PADDY........

Nah it's fine. I'll just go for a more expensive one.

I was just wondering about the success rate for the average one, but if you don't know, that's fine, no worries.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:10 PM, hair4tomo said:

Thanks for your feedback both. What are the odds (as a percentage) for permanently losing significant (noticeable) existing thinning hair under an 'average' surgeon, versus a top 20% surgeon versus a top 5% surgeon?

Come on, nobody could possibly answer that with any degree of accuracy