Lollollol

Curious to all you hair transplant guys how a buzzed head looks

Just wondering if anyone here with a hair transplant has closely buzzed there head, say a 0 guard or number one how the recipient area looked is it possible to look Natural ?

Sure it is...one of the benefits of a buzzed style is that everything looks uniform providing all of the regrowth has taken place.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY

here you go.

these were taken 1.5 months post-op.

had 1800 grafts done via FUE.

I presume it would only look better now since I am 5 months post-op and all the healing is complete.

as you can see there is absolutely zero noticeable scarring. this was SUPER important to me. I wanted to have to option of being able to buzz my head. 

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

Are you speaking about buzzing your head immediately following a HT? Or much later once the results have settled? 

I kept mine buzzed for the entire ugly duckling phase of my HT so that everything would grow in uniform. I stopped buzzing around month 3, and by month 4 I saw significant growth - all of which was uniform with the rest of my hair. I had FUE, and I found this to be a very effective way to conceal the HT. I did have a fair amount of pinkness in the recipient area, but was able to wear a hat for the first 3 weeks to keep it from being exposed.

In the time since my HT has been complete (around 4 years now), I have buzzed my head down to a one guard on several occasions and it actually looks really good. To my eye, I am able to pick up on a slight decrease in density in the donor area (which is normal at a short length - there are 2,000 less grafts there and no hair length to give the illusion of density) BUT I will also say that it's only noticeable to my eye. I have close friends who know all about my hair transplant, my barber, etc. and I ask them all for feedback about how it looks - and they all think it looks totally fine and undetectable. To the average, naked eye, it's totally passable and doable, hence why I choose to rock the style from time to time. 

All of that said, each situation is different. As a general rule, one shouldn't expect to be able to buzz their hair down that short following a HT. Depending on various factors, it may be more noticeable than others - but it is possible. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014