Curious to all you hair transplant guys how a buzzed head looks

Sure it is...one of the benefits of a buzzed style is that everything looks uniform providing all of the regrowth has taken place.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

here you go.

these were taken 1.5 months post-op.

had 1800 grafts done via FUE.

I presume it would only look better now since I am 5 months post-op and all the healing is complete.

as you can see there is absolutely zero noticeable scarring. this was SUPER important to me. I wanted to have to option of being able to buzz my head. 

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

• Like 1

Are you speaking about buzzing your head immediately following a HT? Or much later once the results have settled? 

I kept mine buzzed for the entire ugly duckling phase of my HT so that everything would grow in uniform. I stopped buzzing around month 3, and by month 4 I saw significant growth - all of which was uniform with the rest of my hair. I had FUE, and I found this to be a very effective way to conceal the HT. I did have a fair amount of pinkness in the recipient area, but was able to wear a hat for the first 3 weeks to keep it from being exposed.

In the time since my HT has been complete (around 4 years now), I have buzzed my head down to a one guard on several occasions and it actually looks really good. To my eye, I am able to pick up on a slight decrease in density in the donor area (which is normal at a short length - there are 2,000 less grafts there and no hair length to give the illusion of density) BUT I will also say that it's only noticeable to my eye. I have close friends who know all about my hair transplant, my barber, etc. and I ask them all for feedback about how it looks - and they all think it looks totally fine and undetectable. To the average, naked eye, it's totally passable and doable, hence why I choose to rock the style from time to time. 

All of that said, each situation is different. As a general rule, one shouldn't expect to be able to buzz their hair down that short following a HT. Depending on various factors, it may be more noticeable than others - but it is possible. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It will look better at a #1 buzz length than at .5....the SMP will blend better at that length IMHO.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 1/22/2019 at 10:44 AM, HarryHonolulu said:

here you go.

these were taken 1.5 months post-op.

had 1800 grafts done via FUE.

I presume it would only look better now since I am 5 months post-op and all the healing is complete.

as you can see there is absolutely zero noticeable scarring. this was SUPER important to me. I wanted to have to option of being able to buzz my head. 

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

Looks good. Did u use electric clippers on the recipient? Do u have pics from now?

21 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

Looks good. Did u use electric clippers on the recipient? Do u have pics from now?

I went to a barber who barely touched the recipient because this was 1.5 months post op and there was virtually no growth to deal with in the recipient.

my photos now are not of a shaved head so they wouldn’t address your question