Sm90

Result better at month 9 vs month 12 ???

I had my FUT procedure last January of 2018. By July I could start to see some growth of the new hair (hairline following some density behind it in the the frontal 3rd). At this point I started to see the process begin and I was excited and happy. I didn’t document each month with pictures but the first picture below is a photo zoomed in of me out to dinner and is in September 2018. I was more than happy as my hair had a dense look and new hair line was actually there. The following picture is month 11 and it’s as if the hairline has almost gone away and the density is just going away as well. It’s now month 12 and same thing. I’m very upset and confused.. at this point the new hair should be at its strongest and fullest yet it’s much worse. Did it fall out? Did I have a shed of some sort? Idk what to think. Any answers or advice would be appreciated. 

A53150D3-85A0-4587-A995-D4E572DC759E.jpeg

9BD63647-CC34-467F-9486-440D607DECEC.jpeg

Damn it is exactly what happens to me!!!!

i also had my precedure done in January and my result was the strongest at August.

Then it slowly got worse. To me it seems that the growth of the new Hair set off some Late schock loss. Density is not als good als before. Anyone had the Same Experience? Sorry for my Bad english i am German .

No need to apologize your English is great. Did you explain to your doctor what you feel has happened? Has anyone given you any explanation? I never heard of shock loss at this point. I just don’t understand. I’m about to schedule a second procedure with Feller and Bloxham in New York. I’m so upset and disappointed. I’m stuck between waiting to see if it grows and fills back in over the next few months or just go for the second procedure next month. 

Hi SM90,

It sounds like you are experiencing a seasonal shed where most of the newly implanted grafts naturally shed simultaneously therefore leaving the patient with a temporary hair transplant failure scare. The shedding of these grafts should randomize over time, it's usually the first big shed that can be quite alarming. I would ride it out and not panic, it's quite common.

Also take a look at Spex's informative thread on the subject of seasonal shedding in the link below

Kindest Regards

Shera   -   UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti     View My FUE HT Story

UK Email : darlingbudsUK@gmail.com    UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588   WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

I told my doc about the issue and he said to wait it out. Late Shock loss is possible but unlikely. I also schedule my next procedure😆.

@Shera but a growing Phase of 10 to 11 months is a Little Short , isn't it?

hopefully it get's better.

1 hour ago, Jango28 said:

I told my doc about the issue and he said to wait it out. Late Shock loss is possible but unlikely. I also schedule my next procedure😆.

@Shera but a growing Phase of 10 to 11 months is a Little Short , isn't it?

hopefully it get's better.

If you have had a large shed then you should give it about 18 months before assessing your result. Give the shredded hairs a chance to grow back and the whole lot to mature back to it's natural state. I have seen this with a a handful of my UK guys and all was well in the end.

Kindest Regards

Shera   -   UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti     View My FUE HT Story

UK Email : darlingbudsUK@gmail.com    UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588   WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

I appreciate the responses to this post, this has given me somewhat of a sigh of relief and I guess I won’t book that procedure right away (thank god I saw this in time cause it was 2500$ down payment with no refund haha). I’m just confused to why does this even happen? The hair should be at its strongest at the one gear mark shouldn’t it? And also why is this never or rarely talked about? Why doesn’t the doctor warn the patient this could possibly happen?