Can You Stop Hair Loss Naturally?

Melvin- Admin

7 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Unfortunately, this is mostly anecdote and conjecture, and isn’t evidence-based. 

Doesn’t mean that there aren’t any other possible treatments out there for MPB that we haven’t yet discovered, that could one day be proven to be effective, but right now we only have min and fin. Anything else is unproven and unstudied for human use, and is likely a waste of time and money, and possibly even harmful since the long term effects of rubbing peppermint oil or other substances on your head are unknown. 

Fair points....although even Fin & Minox have their limitations. And hate to sound like a broken microneedling record...but thats likely they only current natural way that has been proven in studies to help grow/re grow hair alone some but way better in conjunction with Minox, Fin..and from personal experience as well as many others adding it to their “Big” 2 or 3 or 4 routine it’s growing in popularity whether the person uses a derma roller or a pen.

The part where he shows how much additional hair is growing on the back of his hand after starting minox is pretty funny.

He posts a little text question on the screen asking if he should start finasteride. Does dermarolling have any known effect on DHT and hair follicle receptors, etc? Because in the long run he may be just moving the chairs around on the Titanic if he's not going to do anything about DHT.

Edited by ciaus

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Just saw this guys update with his scalp massage/microneedling/Minox routine (He got an HT but seemed unhappy until he started this routine...and IMHO amazing results for 3 months..

That's pretty insane, I'm gonna introduce oral minoxidil to my regimen, hopefully I can get similar results. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, ciaus said:

The part where he shows how much additional hair is growing on the back of his hand after starting minox is pretty funny.

He posts a little text question on the screen asking if he should start finasteride. Does dermarolling have any known effect on DHT and hair follicle receptors, etc? Because in the long run he may be just moving the chairs around on the Titanic if he's not going to do anything about DHT.

I don’t think derma rolling has any affect against DHT or T...unless it’s done more frequently than once a week as I’ve not taken Fin in over a year and a half and I have stopped minoxidil completely 7 months now and am microneedling 2-3 times a week and still see the gains staying. One theory is microneedling increases growth factors to dormant or new follicles with new blood supply and better oxygenation, and that more oxygen in the blood to the follicle might prevent DHT from doing its damage along...but that needs study....so if one has high DHT the Fin is likely needed to keep the new gains.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That's pretty insane, I'm gonna introduce oral minoxidil to my regimen, hopefully I can get similar results. Fingers crossed.

I would also consider going on oral low dose minoxidil to not have to use the messy liquid or foam...just not sure yet and where to get it...How would you obtain it, Melvin?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
6 minutes ago, MichTeryy said:

I heard that CBD oil is good.

Nah, it does nothing

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, MichTeryy said:

I heard that CBD oil is good.

Good for these things:

chronic pain

arthritis or joint pain

anxiety and depression

sleep disorder

migraine

cluster and other headaches

post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

nausea

cancer