My Experience with Dr Richard S. Keller

chicago2017

Think the result could have been better but not totally surprised by the outcome in all honesty. That's a pretty large area to cover for 3125 grafts and so density was always unlikely to be there. Maybe expectations needed to be managed more appropriately but think it was near enough a given a 2nd procedure would be needed for what you want.

Not to take away anything from Dr Keller but I agree with JeanLDD you may well have been better served sounding out surgeons who have more experience/frequency of working on more extensive balding

You must be very disappointed, I would be. Ask for a refund and go elsewhere. The very fact he’s not posting post surgery images of your crown at the correct angle is worrying, unfortunately this all comes at a cost to you both financially & cosmetically. 

• Administrators

It doesn’t look impressive, but in my opinion the strategy was all wrong from the start. 3,000 grafts spread out over the entire scalp will leave a sparse result, like the one you have now. It’s to be expected and I don’t blame you for being upset. 

It should have been done in sessions or a megasession in order to give results that make a dramatic change. There’s certainly growth and with Toppik I’m sure you look 100%. However, I understand that wasn’t the goal to begin with, but for now that’s how you can improve.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

OP thank you for posting your results and details of your HT,  this has further cemented my original thoughts on my strategy to never touch any my of crown at any stage even if it dipped down.

I sort of did the opposite to you and went from the front going back to the mid scalp, this has just highlighted I am so greatful I did it this way round; my starting point was a lot worse than yours as I was slick bald up front and I keep reading on here how the crown can swallow a huge amount of grafts.

I think it might be helpful if a photo collage of two photos were added for ease...

1) a pre op photo...

2) a post op photo in the position / same room, showing the same angle and area of the head, same lighting, same hair style, post op photo to match pre op etc...

Best of luck...