2000 FUE with Dr. Laorwong; Absolute Hair Thailand

densedream

This post is about 4.5 months overdue but wanted to give my experience.   

If you've been on this site for a while you know that I've been through many surgeries.  This is my 5th!  

Quick recap,  

1: Dr. Pong 1800 grafts FUT

2: Dr. Panine 3500 grafts FUT

3. Dr, Panine 2000 grafts FUE

4. Dr. Bhatti 1800 grafts FUE

and this one 5: Dr. Laorwong 2000 FUE

If you are curious, you can search my name and see pictures of previous procedures.  I have no idea how it came to this many grafts considering where I started and I was on finasteride the entire time.    Dr. Pong was my best procedure.  If did where you can see all the hairs on the temples.  100% growth it felt and looked like. Dr. Panine 5500 grafts..  were mostly in the crown.. which to this day is still thin.  I'd say less than 50% growth.  Dr. Bhatti was okay but I still needed this last procedure to fix spots he missed or hair didn't grow.  

Dr. Laowrong was a great experience.  Unlike many FUE clinics including the well regarded Dr. Erogodan and Bhatti, Dr. L only does one procedure a day and extracts all grafts, makes incisions, places the grafts with the help of his top assistant.  PRP is also included. The clinic is clean and modern.  The aftercare package was very detailed and comprehensive.  I felt zero pain during the procedure or after.  I healed very quickly as well.  A great thing about having a procedure in Thailand is that you can relax with foot massages and delicious food while recovering,  A hair transplant and vacation tied together is always great.

I am 4.5 months post up and I appear to have some growth happening.  I will keep updates of my final outcome. Let me know if you have any questions

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.38.17 AM.png

donor 3.jpg

donor 2.jpg

donor.jpg

scar.jpg

Edited by densedream

• Administrators

Thanks for the detailed write-up 5 surgeries you are going in to the hall of fame soon, your donor still looks good IMO, especially considering all of the strips and FUE you have had.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, crazyhorse said:

With respect, your donor area is pillaged.

Does it look okay when grown out?

Not bad at the length I keep it at.  Really short is pretty much out.  It bums me out about my results bc I have really good donor and hair characteristics.  So considering I had 12K grafts my top should be thick as a rug.

5R7EPBScRGy8G35c%LqyQw.jpg

Yeah I've grown my hair the entire time on top so hard to tell yet compared to before surgery since I already had decent coverage.  4.5 months is still early and only the beginning,  I'm sure in two or three months, I will be able to say definitively 

4 hours ago, densedream said:

Not bad at the length I keep it at.  Really short is pretty much out.  It bums me out about my results bc I have really good donor and hair characteristics.  So considering I had 12K grafts my top should be thick as a rug.

5R7EPBScRGy8G35c%LqyQw.jpg

It looks fine grown out - that's all that matters.

Are you still losing hair or have you stabalised with meds?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@densedream I’m really considering doing my first HT (approx 3500 grafts) with Dr Laorwong. Since you have been to others before to compare, would you recommend him for someone like me doing a HT for the first time?

Also I’m I’ve been taking fin for a year now which has slowed the hair loss but my main concern is that I will more then likely have to get another HT down the line. Would you do anything differently if you could go back in time and tell yourself what to do the day before your first HT?