What Are The Best Budget Hair Loss Treatments?

• Administrators

This is actually a common question that I get asked all the time, the truth is you can find pretty cheap alternatives to Propecia and Rogaine and even find Nizoral online for cheap.

If you guys are interested I wrote an article about the cheapest proven treatments for hair loss, any other treatments you guys would like to add?

Best Low Budget Hair Loss Treatments

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Generics will definitely help save money.  Walmart under their drug program offerred 5 mg finasteride generic 30 day supply for $9 bucks.  If you cut that up, you can get like a 120-150 day supply.  

Kirkland helps save money on rogaine.  

Nizoral, if you can get a dermatologist to prescribe it, sometimes its covered by insurances.  For itching/sebum and etc oily hair.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow that’s literally pennies a day for finasteride. Yea kirkland is definitely the best deal out there.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Generic Proscar/5 mg finasteride tablets can be purchased pretty inexpensively although, you still will likely need a prescription. Many of our recommended hair transplant surgeons offer prescriptions to Propecia and sometimes will even help people get generic Proscar  so they save money. 

Generic Rogaine is also very inexpensive and both of these are still the most effective non-surgical solutions on the market. 

Best wishes,

Bill

I went through forhims.com 1mg fin for 30 bucks/months supply. probably paying more than normal but it was a very easy process. dollar a day not a big deal. I spend10x that on coffee.

@Bill - Managing Publisher you mention 5mg..any particular reason for going that high considering i was given 1mg?

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Shifty said:

I went through forhims.com 1mg fin for 30 bucks/months supply. probably paying more than normal but it was a very easy process. dollar a day not a big deal. I spend10x that on coffee.

@Bill - Managing Publisher you mention 5mg..any particular reason for going that high considering i was given 1mg?

If you can buy 5 mg tablets for roughly the same price, you can cut up the tablets in to 4ths and turn a 30-day supply in to a 120-day supply thus, saving a substantial amount of money.

View my thread

Definitely, you can save so much money by cutting that 5mg pill into 4’s.  It’s hard to get 5 pieces using a pill cutter.  I feel generic or branded, its the same scientific formulation.  Some people swear by brand names.  I mean you can get childrens tylenol and cvs brand childrens tylenol, it is the same ingredient and same mg.  No difference, but the only thing that is different is price.  

If you buy the generic from a known distributor, you should be ok.  Unknown pharmacies may have quality control issues ;ex: expiry dates)