I need advice, looking to book procedure (pics)

So I have been lurking here for a little over a year, made an account finally this year, and I am looking to get a procedure done.

For a little bit of background. my family, I mean every male from my grandfather down to me, which includes his 3 sons me and my brother, have a run in the family receding hairline. It stops here as my grandfather when he was still alive, my uncles, my father and my brother all acquire this hairline at a young age. For me it was 16 and it has never progressed, my father it happened around the same age and he still has the same head of hair. My mothers side doesn't really have much of a history of hairloss, so I inherited the good ol' hairline. I have what i would consider decently thick hair and it is quite wavy/curly.

All the attatched pictures are towel dried right out of the shower, taken with my camera's flash, underneath the light of my mirror to try to give the harshest light for analysis.

What I am trying to accomplish is to close off the receding hairline, so that I can enjoy my days with a nice hairline that I no longer have to hide. I would possibly be interested in lowering just a tad (maybe at MOST 1/2 an inch but even 1/4 would suit me fine.) I dont really mind much of a drastic change because when I am done with college I will be moving away from where I grew up anyways.

I am 29 heading into my 30's and I have had the same hairline since highschool, and now it is time, I have been wanting a procedure since I was in highschool, but I waited, I hid my hairline all through highschool and throughout my 20's and now that I'm heading into my 30's I want to know what it feels like to have a nice straight hairline.

So, how many grafts given the pictures could one assume I would need? I contacted a few Doctors and have been told anywhere in the ballpark of 1500-2200 grafts. I will be doing FUE as even if I would lose anymore hair throughout my life, I am more than confident that it will be minimal at best given my family history of hairloss.

Price is not the deciding factor, but it is still a factor when there are surgeons that are doing excellent FUE's for around $3 USD. I have a fear of flying, I would much prefer to keep it in the states for fear of flying overseas, but I am not opposed to it if I cant find the right deal here, many people make the trip every year with no problems, I am just an overthinker and an over worrier. I would like to think that I am not a super advanced case, but I am no expert on this and many here have way more experience than myself.

But I have followed many peoples posts on here, and heading into my 30's I am looking to gain the confidence I never had throughout my teens and 20's, I always swore my 30's would be better and it starts here. Any input is welcome and much much much appreciated, thanks!

ok 225.jpg

ok 227.jpg

ok 231.jpg

ok 236.jpg

ok 232.jpg

ok 228.jpg

Edited by Squidward

• Administrators

It's difficult to say because the quality of the photos are very poor. In some photos, it looks like you don't need surgery at all, but another photo shows what appears to be Norwood 3 recession. Do you mind taking some better quality photos and resubmitting them?

Additionally, do you have thinning in the center forelock? when you wet your hair can you see that your losing hair in the forelock? might be a good idea to submit a photo with wet hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi, sorry for the quality of the photos, the hair in the pictures is actually pretty wet, just slightly dried with a towel, scalp is probably more noticable due to the double lighting of being right under the lights above my bathroom mirror coupled with flash. The 4th picture down is parted straight out of the shower, the 4th down is kind of giving it a little mess out of the shower, but pictures 1,2, and 3 show my actual recession

1500-2000 seems about right to allow some implanting into thin areas of existing hair. ...and you have what looks like good hair qualities (curl).

$3/graft seems a bit on the cheap side to me.  I hope you are sure they are good.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It looks like you have some miniaturization to me on top. I could be wrong tho. Are you taking finasteride or open to it?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yeah I'm open to pretty much anything, I wish I had some comparisons to my hair about 13 years ago, cause it hasn't changed, it was like I hit puberty my hair receded and this is where it has been, thats how all the males are in my family are

Maybe you should see a trusted physician for an in person consult. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.