Ashton Kutcher admits using Avodart and Talks Hair Loss with Conan O'Brien

• Administrators

So he hasn’t taken dutasteride for 3 years right? I think his hair loss is very minimal, appears to be more of a matured hairline. I highly doubt he’ll ever go Norwood 6 bald he’s almost 40 already.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Conan would benefit greatly if he had some work done on his hairline and left temporal lobe...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

So he hasn’t taken dutasteride for 3 years right? I think his hair loss is very minimal, appears to be more of a matured hairline. I highly doubt he’ll ever go Norwood 6 bald he’s almost 40 already.
You never know, Robert McNamara, former Secretery of Defense under Kennedy and Johnson, had a full head of hair in his 50s and died bald in his 90s.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Conan would benefit greatly if he had some work done on his hairline and left temporal lobe...:cool:
He has an emerging thin spot on his crown as well.

You never know, Robert McNamara, former Secretery of Defense under Kennedy and Johnson, had a full head of hair in his 50s and died bald in his 90s.

Don't think that's a great example tbh but your point stands. Looks like he'd been diffusing for quite a while, but retaining a strong hairline, coupled with his elected hairstyle gave the impression of a full head of hair for a good long time.

2pzb87q.jpg2hd35p4.jpg - Age 50

Edited by thatoldchestnut

I think it's funny that he was like, "Oh no, I'll never wear a wig...when it goes, it goes" yet 30 seconds before that he was saying that he went to the hair doctor and takes Avodart.

Don't think that's a great example tbh but your point stands. Looks like he'd been diffusing for quite a while, but retaining a strong hairline, coupled with his elected hairstyle gave the impression of a full head of hair for a good long time.

2pzb87q.jpg2hd35p4.jpg - Age 50

That's still a lot of hair for a 50 something, and with a juvenile hairline at that.

His hairline is great for a 40 year old, a 1500 fue procedure would make his hair god level! Plus he wears his hair down a lot so he could easily cover the ugly phase.

Is avodart the same as finasteride?
It blocks more DHT than fnasteride, which some medical professionals feel could be excessive, but others swear by it.

It's case by case. It's definitely advisable to start with finasteride and perhaps progress with Avodart later if the efficacy of finasteride isn't established for you, it's always easier to implement a stronger prescription in your body than to start with a maximum strength drug and replace it with a milder one down the line, at which point the milder one may be useless.

Is avodart the same as finasteride?

No, they are 2 different medications but both primarily developed and prescribed for treating the swelling of the prostrate gland for those with prostrate cancer.

Finasteride at 5 mg per tablet is Proscar and that's the one that is used for treating the prostrate. Propecia is the hair loss version at 1 mg per tablet.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I was on Finasteride 17 years and stepped it up to DUTasteride a couple years ago.

I feel it defo helped overall hair quality as well as keep the wolves at the door.

Regards

Spex

Any side effects you have noticed?