Another failed FUE needing repair, and why?

Here's yet another medical doctor who paid for FUE, from a busy FUE practice....who had virtually no results. I've posted 20 or 30 of these cases and they are almost always the same. We find lots of FUE scars, most with hair coming out of them indicating the roots of the hairs were NOT transplanted, and in this case, a few surviving FUE's were scattered over a lot of balding head. PLUS this guy's scalp characteristics made it very difficult to see the slits, even with the head shaved....there is no way the previous doctor could see the slits or his techs could. Lastly...those grafts start dying at 6 hours...they better be back in the head by then. But every week we see a similar guy to this, from all over the world...and most say the case took 12 hours or more...Those poor donor hairs...

Now lest you think I'm all anti FUE, please look at our recent 8 year FUE video. FUE and strip both have their indications...I just wish folks would learn the pros and cons before they choose based on and impulse response to a consultant.

The video is :

Dr. Lindsey

McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

It seems to me, to be a difficult job for a tech to plant 1k grafts into a graft site, that is bleeding and healing.

Do you think the `stick and place` technique would be more suitable overall for fue?

Nice video look forward to the updates

All the best

ej

Edited by ej

• Administrators

Interesting video, physicians are like any other consumer, even though they may be experts in one form of medicine doesn't mean that they are experts in hair transplantation. This video highlights the importance of doing your due diligence before having surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr. Feller ?hh Dr. Lindsey,

this is not (!) a good case to promote FUT vs. FUE. This is just a case of a repair from a butcher clinic. To give the impression that this is a FUE "Problem" you sell yourself cheap.

Sorry, I like your work, but this needs to be said.

Yeah i agree Gasthoerer. Anytime i see Feller, Bloxham ,or Lindsey post anything dealing with FUE i just wait for the crap talk lol I had a couple FUE surgeries by one of the cheapest doctors around and my results are just as good as anyone's.