PRP real or waste??

Seen some really good results with prp on thinning hair, would love to hear feedback from actual patients. See any real results? Worth it? How long does it last etc.. would like to maintain as much as possible, transplants can only cover us so much..

Thanks guys

• Administrators

PRP in my opinion is in the same category as laser therapy, some world renowned hair transplant surgeons swear by it, but more studies need to be done to really prove its efficacy. Not all PRP is created equal keep that in mind, PRP is a treatment thus it would require maintenance every 1-2 years. Some clinics have noted that patients can go up to 3 years with maintaining their results. With that said, there remains only two FDA approved treatments for hair loss and that is finasteride and minoxidil, and the only real way to restore hair to a completely bald area is through hair transplantation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

thanks melivin.

just doing some research, ive had grafts but in to frame my face (hairline, temples) but hair is thinning behind so looking for what else is out there with some results in just slowing things down. Ive been in this battle for 15 years, finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral shampoo are still my big 3 but we all know its a battle that we keep on fighting and we are all trying to just slow it down as much as possible. Anyone that has had any success or failures would love to hear and possible see some actual patient results

thanks

I haven’t tried the prp, n probably never will .. it’s not cost effective with no scientific data it works well .. i was about to do it myself. Found some deals half off on Groupon for prp.. it’s still expensive however .. i would of spent the money to try it but reviews of it causing more harm (shock loss ) than it actually helping I decide it’s not for me .. it’s the anesthesia shots to numb ur scalp to prepare u for prp injections .. if ur hair is already fragile n Miniaturized its not strong enough to survive that kinda of trauma to ur scalp .. I think that’s why doesn’t have a good success rate .. but im just speaking bro science right now .. it’s just my logical thinking .. however it depends on the clinic .. some are more capable of making this technology work n benefit us .. while some clinic just buy the machine n test it on us n charge us $1500+ a session .. personally for me .. unless prp or laser helmets get fda approved for efficacy ( meaning it works for the majority ) it’s not the solution ..

Meh.....not much hardcore evidence out there that it does anything. I asked Dr. Konior about this and he basically said the same.....there really isn't any scientific evidence saying it does much. I think most of the success stories are anecdotal......for every few people I've seen who said it worked for them, I see a couple others who said their hair got worse. Not worth the risk or cash for me.

• Valued Contributor
for every few people I've seen who said it worked for them, I see a couple others who said their hair got worse. Not worth the risk or cash for me.

Agree with you in that it seems to work for some and not so much for others. A lot of reputable doctors really swear by it for hair regrowth. When I look at cases on clinic websites and cases posted by docs on this forum the difference seems to look so minimal, though.

I’d like to have it done in conjunction with my HT to help aid in the healing process, I think. It’s supposed to help with that. Again, though, it apparently is unsubstantiated. I don’t know if if I would want to have it done to help with hairloss. Like actually regrowing dying hair the way fin does.

I’ve never seen a patient review on this forum, though I’d like to, but some guys have spoken up in threads and seemed pretty underwhelmed. Com to think of it, I’m sure they’re out there, but I’ve never really seen someone speak highly of it in regard to just having it done to aid in hair regrowth.

I guess I feel the same way as most everybody so far. It seems risky to spend that kinda money on something that may not work. I would love to hear some positive feedback, though.

Well stated Steeeve...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY